DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Office Manager

Front Office Manager54 reviews
Fun place to work
Family oriented Hotel.Wonderful place to work and gain hospitality experience.
When going for a interview be yourself , that is how you are going to maintain your confidence .
Double tree by Hilton - if you are a person that values your guest values hospitality values service and take pride in deleviring your best then Double tree is where u need to be . A management team that genuinely cares about team who leads by example being a support systmem with open door policy . Well done . Constant training and development programs . monthly Careversation
MonthlyCareversation
Good Company
Working for Hilton is rated the number one company to work for. I highly recommend the brand with it's luxurious names and highly skilled employees in all areas.
Great Place
I truly enjoy working here. I love my team, my coworkers and the multitude of guests who pass through the double doors. I'm not sure what else you're asking me to say here. It's a great company, a great job and pay is competitive.
Development and independence
Being a full-service airport hotel, it is a very busy environment all days of the year. Training and guidance are greatly provided. From everyday holiday travellers to frustrated cancelled flight guests, you never know what next day will bring. Meals on breaks, free car park, discounted leisure club membership for staff, celebrations, Hilton accommodations staff rates and discounts, so much development opportunities within hotel and company.
I enjoyed the front office team but lack support from my GM
Long working days are expected. New hires were added to the team with any input from me the FOM. Often times canidates just weren't a good fit. Employees before were never given a change to advance and move up. The GM didn't have much confidence in my decision. The equipment that my shuttle drivers had to drive were despicable and an embarrassment to our arriving guest. Department heads (Chief Eng, HR, Controller, F&B Manager) all put in two weeks notice due to the micromanagement from the GM.
A great place to work
I worked at this property, left to take a General Manager position for learning experience, and when things changed I was able to go right back to property without question. I enjoyed the fact that this property had regular guests who I was able to build relationships with and know their preferences in order to make their arrival and stay more enjoyable for them.
Terrible Upper Management
Terrible work environment created by General Manager. You are Micro Managed to the extreme. GM holds grudges and creates a hostile work environment. Many Managers came and went within my 2 years.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
A very long day at work.
it was a busy day and the hotel was oversold so we started relocating guests to other hotels; some of them were understanding but the others were really upset. one thing that I learned is that no matter how perfect someone can be, there must be some day to face the anger and he frustration of a customer who for some reason didn't receive the service that he paid for. I learned that day how to be more apologetic and empathizing and that was the hardest part of the job. Management was really proactive and could accommodate the guests in other hotels and gave us, as usual all the tools to handle the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have the chance to interact with people and serve them.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
limited opporunities to grow more.
Productive workplace
Nice busy place to work. The staff is very friendly and the GM is amazing. Very big on family and morality. I would definitely recommend this work place.
Taking a risk
The company sets extreme high expectations but very little pay and does not value the employees and puts a lot of stress and pressure on the staff. Lack of team work and integrity.
Pros
Break and free meals
Cons
Stressful working environment
It's all about the DT cookies!
A typical day at work is overseeing check in and out making sure we have enough staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the flexible schedules.
Pros
Great benefits, work, life balance.
Cons
Under staff.
Learning a lot, fun to work with
lots of training to learn, team is not a team but family. motivated employees. learned to be a good leader of the property with a heart. uplift team members.
Pros
food, accommodation, transportation, health
Great company
This is the premier hotel in Memphis and the business and team is nothing short of premier itself. From top to bottom the staff here is excellent to work for.
Pros
New and Exciting challenges daily
Cons
Long hours at times
great company
haven't worked there for a while but I do like the Hilton Branch. would like to go back and work for them. they have a lot more to offer than some of the others I worked for.
Mostly Great People
Great co-workers and clients! Very busy place, great atmosphere for the most part. Training was lack, pretty much responsible for training yourself. Decent benefits if your a part of management.
Luxurious and fun environment - Still eat the cookies.
- The hardest part of the job:
Dealing with hostile customers and knowing the right thing to do in any situation.

- Hospitality includes just taking care of people in need. Whether their traveling or just want a night away, our guests count on us as we count on them.
Stressful work environment.
I would get and check the occupancy to see how the day would go then come up with a strategy for the day. Then check with my associates to get any follow up required issues from the night before. I then would make contact with any guest if necessary and resolve issues s needed.

I can't say that there was a "culture" more like favorites being given more autonomy at the hotel.

The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers.

This is not a review of all Hilton branded properties just this particular one.
Pros
Free luch and dinner for all associates
Cons
No clear direction, GM unresponsive to guest issues
It is a good place to work the employees are very close and they enjoy working together no regrets when I work there but it was time for me to move in my career and was offer a opportunity that I could not miss.
benefits
Cons
needed to get certain managers out that dont work
Great first job, Don't work here if you intend to have a career in Hospitality
Great entry or line level job for young people. Management turnover rate way too high to be a career advancing opportunity. The COO is hard to please, and even more difficult to get along with.
Productive place to work with lots of opportunities
DT it's a great place to work with awesome opportunity and good benefits.
It offers many training and programs for career development.

Salaries and benefits are also good for higher levels, but it could be better for entry levels (receptionist for example), what will reduce a turnover of the staff who are nice and good, but sometimes they are going to the other companies because of the salary difference of 100 or less USD.
Pros
career opportunities, training, development
Cons
long working hours
1.6K