DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent194 reviews
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
I love working here. They are great with working with your schedule if you are in school or have other things going on. The managers are awesome!
Hospitality is a fun industry to be apart of. The great co-workers made the job enjoyable. The hourly wages were way to low for the amount of work each position had to deal with.
This was the worst job ever the management staff had no respect for employees and I would never work for that management company again they give Hilton a bad name.
Es un hotel de conversion y aun protegen mucha de la cultura del anterior hotel familiar, ademas de que su presupuesto es bajo por lo que escatiman mucho para con los huespedes, el mobiliario y los empleados
Pros
Descuentos en otros hoteles
Cons
Ambiente laboral
The hotel itself is very beautiful and has the potential to become travelers choice in Ras Al Khaimah. However, being a newly opened property the management is not as expected and Hilton standard. There are lots areas where it need to improvise.
I've fallen in love with working in the hospitality industry. I love the thrill and rush I get from meeting new people, to a crazy and hectic day with multiple guest check-ins. Working at the front desk really helps you improve your communication skills, problem solving, and understanding situations that other people may be facing. Every hotel I've worked for, I've found a friend for life in the co-workers I've had the pleasure of working with. This industry is definitely something that I want to be able to move up in and one day maybe own a hotel.
Hospitality Industry always has its moments, I love interacting with people, meeting people from all over the world. I learn some new everyday.

I have been working in the customer service line for 20 years and number 1 thing I leant is NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL.

I have great organization skill and give 100% to whatever I do.
Benefits
All managers and hourly employees work as a team on a daily basis. Communication is very emportant when dealing with the front desk operations and making sure all guests are happy and had a memorable experience.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
breaks
It is a great place to star anyone's career. The job will allow you to interact with many guests, vendors and many other coworkers/employees that will contribute to your professional and personal growth. Unfortunately like in many other jobs within the hospitality industry the expectations and responsibilities are really high in comparisons to the benefits/opportunists.
Pros
Free meals, discounted rate for employees
Cons
under staff, high employee turn around
Working here has been great! There is usually no issue with scheduling because they work with you pretty well. However, training is not done to its best capacity.
No one likes working here. In 1 yr there were 14 people who quit or was fire at the front desk alone. We were always understaffed and overworked. The management was simply unpleasant and could not handle a crisis.
very nice envirement at ther imlots of learned ther staff also good and.help full.now im leaving there bcoz i want go in abroad i was happy and enjoyed the work lots of friends.and staff
Cons
Great co-workers and management can use some improvement. Training is paid, strict on lunch breaks, the food is good but it guest taking out of your check.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Lunch Breaks
To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience. Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Accounts for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies. Communicate effectively with other front office and hotel departments
For the most part no day is the same. There are daily tasks that have to get done, but the people we welcome daily are all very different. I've learned to be patient with every type of person in the work environment, and outside guests. How to accommodate and cater to every kind type of need.
My favorite part is what I've acquired form the hospitality industry. Personality means everything. You have to be charismatic, understanding, patient, willing to bend over backwards to make a guest feel that his or her stay was a pleasurable one.

The worst part about it is dealing with and seeing favoritism from the managers to other employees.
Pros
team member benefits
The hotel consists of 188 suites. The rooms are always immaculate and this is backed by the guest's great reviews. With such a small staff and the fact that they retain talent results in low turnover. There is little to know advancement since employees appreciate and stay with the property.
Pros
Small staff makes you feel like you belong.
Cons
Low turnover at the Front Office. No momentum to advance. Low pay rates compared to Downtown Hotels.
I love working in the hospitality industry. I find that serving others is a major role in my life and something I love to do. In my current job I have the opportunity to work along side guest to accommodate their needs and desires while they stay with us here at the Double Tree by Hilton. The hardest part of my job is the standing for 8 plus hours a day in mainly one area. Barely being able to move around is incredibly hard on my feet and on my knees. I have learned so much while working here at the hotel. Patience, diligence, courage, attention to detail are a few things that I have accomplished with a distinguished attitude.
Pros
Bonus on distinguished survey scores
Cons
Short breaks, Standing for 8 plus hours.
co workers were okay, you had your days. Management would get lunch in the afternoon and wouldn't offer you anything, and you work longer than them which is 8 hour shifts and you had no break.
Cons
no breaks
helping out all departments . i learned to work for difficult company.
the management was relaxed but friendly. great benefits and job security
Pros
free lunch
Cons
being a union
Team members work together like a family.
The hotel is in ideal location. It is in the commercial area where everything is walking distance such as restaurants, coffee shop and spacialty stores.
1.6K