DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 184 reviews matching the search See all 4,007 reviews
Fun work place with employee team building events
GSA (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA13 November 2016
Working here has been great! There is usually no issue with scheduling because they work with you pretty well. However, training is not done to its best capacity.
Awful
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA16 August 2016
No one likes working here. In 1 yr there were 14 people who quit or was fire at the front desk alone. We were always understaffed and overworked. The management was simply unpleasant and could not handle a crisis.
Work place
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra27 May 2016
very nice envirement at ther imlots of learned ther staff also good and.help full.now im leaving there bcoz i want go in abroad i was happy and enjoyed the work lots of friends.and staff
Co-workers and Management
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC22 May 2016
Great co-workers and management can use some improvement. Training is paid, strict on lunch breaks, the food is good but it guest taking out of your check.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Lunch Breaks
Doubletree by Hilton
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO12 May 2016
To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience. Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Accounts for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies. Communicate effectively with other front office and hotel departments
Very Welcoming group of people
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NY5 May 2016
For the most part no day is the same. There are daily tasks that have to get done, but the people we welcome daily are all very different. I've learned to be patient with every type of person in the work environment, and outside guests. How to accommodate and cater to every kind type of need.
My favorite part is what I've acquired form the hospitality industry. Personality means everything. You have to be charismatic, understanding, patient, willing to bend over backwards to make a guest feel that his or her stay was a pleasurable one.
The worst part about it is dealing with and seeing favoritism from the managers to other employees.
Pros
team member benefits
Family Work Environment
Guest Service Agent/ Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX11 March 2016
The hotel consists of 188 suites. The rooms are always immaculate and this is backed by the guest's great reviews. With such a small staff and the fact that they retain talent results in low turnover. There is little to know advancement since employees appreciate and stay with the property.
Pros
Small staff makes you feel like you belong.
Cons
Low turnover at the Front Office. No momentum to advance. Low pay rates compared to Downtown Hotels.
Bonus when you received distinguished scores on our feedback from guests.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY12 January 2016
I love working in the hospitality industry. I find that serving others is a major role in my life and something I love to do. In my current job I have the opportunity to work along side guest to accommodate their needs and desires while they stay with us here at the Double Tree by Hilton. The hardest part of my job is the standing for 8 plus hours a day in mainly one area. Barely being able to move around is incredibly hard on my feet and on my knees. I have learned so much while working here at the hotel. Patience, diligence, courage, attention to detail are a few things that I have accomplished with a distinguished attitude.
Pros
Bonus on distinguished survey scores
Cons
Short breaks, Standing for 8 plus hours.
Slave ship
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA11 January 2016
co workers were okay, you had your days. Management would get lunch in the afternoon and wouldn't offer you anything, and you work longer than them which is 8 hour shifts and you had no break.
Cons
no breaks
good work experience
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA13 December 2015
helping out all departments . i learned to work for difficult company.
the management was relaxed but friendly. great benefits and job security
Pros
free lunch
Cons
being a union
Team members work like a family
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CA23 November 2015
Team members work together like a family.
The hotel is in ideal location. It is in the commercial area where everything is walking distance such as restaurants, coffee shop and spacialty stores.
Very productive and busy days
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 November 2015
A typical day at The double tree is based off of third party and client information but mostly providing excellent customer service to all guest. I learned how to process payments and multi-task all at the same time. My co-workers were amazing, very helpful and positve attitude. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day and also learning how to process and manage the accounts, The most enjoyable part of the job is the Double Tree chocolate chip Cookies and also meeting new people.
Pros
Pros would be the free lunch once in a while
Cons
Cons would be standing on your feet for long periods of time
fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK9 November 2015
not all aspects of any job are going to be great, however the team at the doubleree are spectacular and some of the best people to work with
fun job!
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO31 October 2015
I started as guest service w/c was working inside and, later I became a driver, taking guests from the hotel to airport and back to the hotel. sometimes I drove to mall and downtown. fun fun fun! the most enjoyeble part was driving place to place and helping guests what they need.I learn team work, customer value and had a wonderful management.
Pros
free luncht
Cons
excellent benefi
Interactive environment,great benefits; Different schedules every week.
Guests Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Orange, CA7 September 2015
Most of the people in my department are great to work with.Work schedules change every week so life is revolved around work; even though they try to show a preview of the second work week, which still changes. Pay does not equal all the work you have to do unless you hustle. (Bellman/Van Driver)
Pros
Great Benefits, team members are great, meeting people from all over the globe.
Cons
Life revolves around work, scheduling, and meeting people from around the globe. Some people are very rude, treating you like slaves at times.
Learning Experience
Guest services agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CT3 September 2015
You can learn anything from anyplace. Leave with something positive to improve yourself. The Doubletree, mainly the staff, has taught me more than I could have thought I would have learned.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL25 July 2015
fun place to work, love to interact with the guest, always stay busy with next days work, team is fantastic, we always have a good shift, housekeeping is great, short staffed hurts the scores of the hotel
Professional workplace with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA29 June 2015
A typical day at work consists of reading the Manager On Duty document to be updated on relevant hotel news, assigning rooms to arriving guests and creating key packets. The later part of the shift consists of check-ins, check-outs, and concierge services. Management is very professional and coworkers are always providing advice to succeed. The hardest part of the job is trying to complete a daily checklist while simultaneously working to satisfy guests. The most enjoyable part is making a guest love his or her stay.
Pros
Guest satisfaction, new relationships, benefits, opportunity for advancement
short term work only
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh/Cary5 June 2015
No one works there more than 3 years. They either quit or get fired. If you are looking for short term go for it. All workers are friendly.
Pros
healthcare for full-time employees only
great co-workers poor management
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN27 May 2015
i love the Hilton company and Sage management company.
check guest in and out of hotel. setting up room blocks and pre-keying guest rooms for big group arrivals.

management did not stick to their words i was trying to get promoted for 1 year and kept getting the run around then they promote 2 co-workers i trained in.

the hardest part was being told something and it does not get done or mentioned and lack of communication.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
promotions

51.5K