DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 184 reviews matching the search See all 4,007 reviews
Great environment with a diverse group of loving teammates
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI19 May 2015
I finally went through my first conversion and grand opening. My first property went from a Hilton to now a DoubleTree by Hilton. The transition was long and worth it. Now it is a top competitor in Grand Rapids, MI and guests are excited to finally have a DoubleTree in Greater Grand Rapids, MI area. Best Experience!
Productive work place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CA15 May 2015
I enjoyed assisting guest with all inquiries. Very fast work place. I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Management was helpful. My co-workers were very helpful we shared work load so that no one would be overwhelmed. The hardest part of my job was when I had to day no to a guests request if it was not available. The most enjoyable part of working with so many different type of people.
Pros
good insurance, fair
Horrible.
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC8 May 2015
One word covers it all horrible.

The company is very dramatic and lacks care for it's employees. It has a high turn over rate and management lacks discipline and standards. They should heavily consider who the place as management.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Mangement
Guest Services
Guest Service Agent (Shift Leader) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2015
I love helping my guests in making their stay comfortable at the DoubleTree By Hilton West Edmonton. When I see my guest enjoying their stay at the hotel, it encourages me to perform even better in my role as a guest services.
Great Management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 May 2015
Working under great management helps out a lot. Coworkers were friendly as well. Enjoyed my time here. Free lunches as well
nice coworkers
Lead Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CA21 April 2015
extremely busy. hotel is more than 90% full the entire year. the job is pretty routine. you have to be good at multitasks. management is ok. it's very difficult to get time off. the hardest part of the job is that the turnover rate is high, always short staffs. co workers in general are nice. you know all the staffs working in the hotels.
Daily learning experience
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GA5 March 2015
My position was Guest Service Representative/Front Desk. I would run daily reports, greet and acknowledge the guests, check my arriving guests in, answer the PBX system, take reservations.
I believe it is a daily learning experience, you will come across situations that you may not be too familiar with and having your AGM on site with you on shifts/sometimes your on your own, they can be a phone call away or another sister property is there to help you.
I got along with the other employess (Front Desk, Night Auditor, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Restaurant staff) great!
I love working for HILTON!! I also have been a Night Auditor.
Pros
discount at the restaurant and the food would be brought to you!
Productive and fun work place
GSA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 February 2015
Working for Doubletree was a wonderful experience. From the management team to the regular team members, everything was great! Would love to work for them again in the future
Never a dull moment
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York NY28 January 2015
I first started as a greeter/receptionist within 3 months moved into sales. It was easy for me to talk to people the hardest part was learning the product especially being a female in car sales but never the less I succeeded.
productive
guest service agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC23 January 2015
handling incoming calls, making reservation and cash handling
Product importance was not realized for guest or employee
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TX20 January 2015
Doubletree was my first introduction to the hospitality industry. Management was not unified front and inconsistant on a good day. Employee empowerment was abundant. Overall the hotel had not reach the Hilton standard yet. Employment at the hotel is at will and will suffer high turn over until standard met or leadership with integrity come in to play.
Pros
Free lunches daily and company wide discount
Cons
short breaks and expensive healthcare
Enjoyed Making guests happy every day.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJ14 January 2015
Checked-in/checked-out guests throughout the day, w/a delivery of a warm walnut chocolate chip cookie. Printed out and filled out docs. throughout the day. Issued room keys for each guest. Got bags of waters together for each Hilton Honors member. Answered the telephones throughout the day. Baked cookies continuously for the guests. Arranged wake up calls. Checked the gift shop inventory & rang up guests for what they purchased. Separated various mail. Brought complimentary chips/drinks to our guests floors to WOW them. Made up breakfast & beverage vouchers for Gold & Diamond Hilton Honor Guests. Gave Trip Advisor's to the guests whom I know had an excellent stay. Checked the resume book to see what parties were going to be had that day at our hotel. Satisfied special requests whenever possible to every guest. Informed guests about all the hotel features & amenities, as well as local attractions. Learned the OnQ Computer System. Counted the drawer, petty cash!

I worked with an amazing people, such team players if you will. We were more like family.
Pros
Loved my job!
Cons
Needing to clock out for lunch when I never took a lunch & continued working instead.
Experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS12 December 2014
As a guest service agent we assist guests with their needs, answer phone calls, make reservations, review documents, organized, and most importantly we try to go above and beyond for our customers etc... One of our main goals as the as a service agent is to be there for all guests.

I have to say, of the things I enjoy most about this job is the feeling of helping others. That feeling of making someone's day is like a reward to you. Also, the co-workers that we have here are pretty nice so of course that makes it even better.
Busy hotel. Nice environment. Training issues
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CA26 November 2014
I usually worked a 6 am shift. I printed and expedited several reports. High balance, credit card status, room status, etc.. Resolved payment issues before 8 am. Answered many guest calls and resolved any issues they had in a timely manner. Communicated with the other departments necessary to resolve any and all situations that may have come up. I ran guest request reports for incoming guests so to be proactive to their specific needs at time of check in. I arranged special amenities for guests with special occasions that brought them to the hotel. I arranged transportation, travel arrangements, booked reservations and sold area tours.
I proudly adhered to the protocols necessary to maintain a smooth running front desk. I always brought sunshine to the front desk and assured the guests that we were always there for them and to meet any and all of their needs while at our hotel. I worked well with my team and maintained a professional and happy environment.
Pros
We were provided free lunch daily. Met many celebrities. worked in nice environment
Cons
The work far exceeded the pay scale. Short staffed often.
Easy job, low pay
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD11 November 2014
Overall the job is easy, checking guests in and out of the hotel. Poor communication between departments can cause confusion between guests and the front desk.
Pros
free lunch
Doubletree Seattle Airport (GSA 2 years+)
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 November 2014
There are 850 rooms, one high rise connected to the main entrance, a night club on saturday and sundays on the top floor, and 6 exterior wings that have guestrooms as well. People don't like that they charge so much for parking, even as a hotel guest it is (21.00 for over night and 26.00 for valet). The exterior wings are far and people don't like to walk to them late at night. They get a lot of distressed airline passengers being so close to the airport.

They schedule by seniority so if you are new, you get the worst schedule i.e 3-11pm, 4-12am, 5-1am, so the turnover rate is high because nobody likes those shifts... and they don't start out at $15 like the rest of seatac, they make about 12-14.50 at most. Also it is a union hotel so they take $40 a month, and an extra $45 if you add medical.

That hardest part of the job is getting bitched at and compensating for things that are out of your control, such as... inflated room rates, bellman not being available, and high price for parking.
Pros
they provide and almost edible lunch
Cons
during slow season sept-apr it is possible to have no hours
It was good experience
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pune, MH13 October 2014
As it is my first job i m learning lot of things practically. its more than what we learned in college. management and staff is very supporting and understanding. every day was new challenge for me as everyday i use to get compliments and positive feedback from guest as well as from my senior.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CT10 October 2014
Training is thorough and easy to understand via computer systems. Overall, it is a learn as you go job. I adore the people I know and work with, and would be sad to leave them behind. However, people are close and it seems that everyone discusses everything there, so there is little privacy.

There can be growth in the brand, but not in the individual hotel itself.

Being yelled at for someone else's irresponsible mistake or just because someone is having a bad day can take its toll on you. At the end of the day, DT by Hilton, Bristol is a delight to work at despite the incredibly low paycheck.
Pros
An unbelievably fun yet laid back and fair boss, free food and goody bags not wanted by guests after weddings and banquets, very friendly staff; employees permitted to enjoy company with friends in both restaurants and patio, wide variety of clientele, diverse staff, guest service agents occasionally gets tips, saltwater pool/hot tub.
Cons
Expensive insurance, extremely low pay, lack of understanding through communication between departments despite weekly meetings, understaffed due to high turn-a-round or people always wanting to leave shift early, prices too high in the pantry.
very productive and friendly environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC20 September 2014
the Doubletree is a very nice and friendly environment. The staff is very polite and professional. We all enjoy meeting guest needs. The hardest part of this job is being sure to please our guest and keep them happy at all times. The customer is ALWAYS right!
Pros
discounted room rates for friends and family
Cons
unset hours and days off
Productive Work Enviroment Great Staff & Management
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VA11 September 2014
Completely Amazing When You Compare It To A Shamin Hotel It's Like Chicken Alfredo & Red Wine Compared To Ramen Noodles and A Juice Box

51.5K