DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent194 reviews
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
A typical day at The double tree is based off of third party and client information but mostly providing excellent customer service to all guest. I learned how to process payments and multi-task all at the same time. My co-workers were amazing, very helpful and positve attitude. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day and also learning how to process and manage the accounts, The most enjoyable part of the job is the Double Tree chocolate chip Cookies and also meeting new people.
Pros
Pros would be the free lunch once in a while
Cons
Cons would be standing on your feet for long periods of time
not all aspects of any job are going to be great, however the team at the doubleree are spectacular and some of the best people to work with
I started as guest service w/c was working inside and, later I became a driver, taking guests from the hotel to airport and back to the hotel. sometimes I drove to mall and downtown. fun fun fun! the most enjoyeble part was driving place to place and helping guests what they need.I learn team work, customer value and had a wonderful management.
Pros
free luncht
Cons
excellent benefi
Most of the people in my department are great to work with.Work schedules change every week so life is revolved around work; even though they try to show a preview of the second work week, which still changes. Pay does not equal all the work you have to do unless you hustle. (Bellman/Van Driver)
Pros
Great Benefits, team members are great, meeting people from all over the globe.
Cons
Life revolves around work, scheduling, and meeting people from around the globe. Some people are very rude, treating you like slaves at times.
You can learn anything from anyplace. Leave with something positive to improve yourself. The Doubletree, mainly the staff, has taught me more than I could have thought I would have learned.
fun place to work, love to interact with the guest, always stay busy with next days work, team is fantastic, we always have a good shift, housekeeping is great, short staffed hurts the scores of the hotel
A typical day at work consists of reading the Manager On Duty document to be updated on relevant hotel news, assigning rooms to arriving guests and creating key packets. The later part of the shift consists of check-ins, check-outs, and concierge services. Management is very professional and coworkers are always providing advice to succeed. The hardest part of the job is trying to complete a daily checklist while simultaneously working to satisfy guests. The most enjoyable part is making a guest love his or her stay.
Pros
Guest satisfaction, new relationships, benefits, opportunity for advancement
No one works there more than 3 years. They either quit or get fired. If you are looking for short term go for it. All workers are friendly.
Pros
healthcare for full-time employees only
i love the Hilton company and Sage management company.
check guest in and out of hotel. setting up room blocks and pre-keying guest rooms for big group arrivals.

management did not stick to their words i was trying to get promoted for 1 year and kept getting the run around then they promote 2 co-workers i trained in.

the hardest part was being told something and it does not get done or mentioned and lack of communication.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
promotions
I finally went through my first conversion and grand opening. My first property went from a Hilton to now a DoubleTree by Hilton. The transition was long and worth it. Now it is a top competitor in Grand Rapids, MI and guests are excited to finally have a DoubleTree in Greater Grand Rapids, MI area. Best Experience!
I enjoyed assisting guest with all inquiries. Very fast work place. I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Management was helpful. My co-workers were very helpful we shared work load so that no one would be overwhelmed. The hardest part of my job was when I had to day no to a guests request if it was not available. The most enjoyable part of working with so many different type of people.
Pros
good insurance, fair
One word covers it all horrible.

The company is very dramatic and lacks care for it's employees. It has a high turn over rate and management lacks discipline and standards. They should heavily consider who the place as management.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Mangement
I love helping my guests in making their stay comfortable at the DoubleTree By Hilton West Edmonton. When I see my guest enjoying their stay at the hotel, it encourages me to perform even better in my role as a guest services.
Working under great management helps out a lot. Coworkers were friendly as well. Enjoyed my time here. Free lunches as well
extremely busy. hotel is more than 90% full the entire year. the job is pretty routine. you have to be good at multitasks. management is ok. it's very difficult to get time off. the hardest part of the job is that the turnover rate is high, always short staffs. co workers in general are nice. you know all the staffs working in the hotels.
My position was Guest Service Representative/Front Desk. I would run daily reports, greet and acknowledge the guests, check my arriving guests in, answer the PBX system, take reservations.
I believe it is a daily learning experience, you will come across situations that you may not be too familiar with and having your AGM on site with you on shifts/sometimes your on your own, they can be a phone call away or another sister property is there to help you.

I got along with the other employess (Front Desk, Night Auditor, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Restaurant staff) great!

I love working for HILTON!! I also have been a Night Auditor.
Pros
discount at the restaurant and the food would be brought to you!
Working for Doubletree was a wonderful experience. From the management team to the regular team members, everything was great! Would love to work for them again in the future
I first started as a greeter/receptionist within 3 months moved into sales. It was easy for me to talk to people the hardest part was learning the product especially being a female in car sales but never the less I succeeded.
handling incoming calls, making reservation and cash handling
Doubletree was my first introduction to the hospitality industry. Management was not unified front and inconsistant on a good day. Employee empowerment was abundant. Overall the hotel had not reach the Hilton standard yet. Employment at the hotel is at will and will suffer high turn over until standard met or leadership with integrity come in to play.
Pros
Free lunches daily and company wide discount
Cons
short breaks and expensive healthcare
1.6K