DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent194 reviews
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
Checked-in/checked-out guests throughout the day, w/a delivery of a warm walnut chocolate chip cookie. Printed out and filled out docs. throughout the day. Issued room keys for each guest. Got bags of waters together for each Hilton Honors member. Answered the telephones throughout the day. Baked cookies continuously for the guests. Arranged wake up calls. Checked the gift shop inventory & rang up guests for what they purchased. Separated various mail. Brought complimentary chips/drinks to our guests floors to WOW them. Made up breakfast & beverage vouchers for Gold & Diamond Hilton Honor Guests. Gave Trip Advisor's to the guests whom I know had an excellent stay. Checked the resume book to see what parties were going to be had that day at our hotel. Satisfied special requests whenever possible to every guest. Informed guests about all the hotel features & amenities, as well as local attractions. Learned the OnQ Computer System. Counted the drawer, petty cash!

I worked with an amazing people, such team players if you will. We were more like family.
Pros
Loved my job!
Cons
Needing to clock out for lunch when I never took a lunch & continued working instead.
As a guest service agent we assist guests with their needs, answer phone calls, make reservations, review documents, organized, and most importantly we try to go above and beyond for our customers etc... One of our main goals as the as a service agent is to be there for all guests.

I have to say, of the things I enjoy most about this job is the feeling of helping others. That feeling of making someone's day is like a reward to you. Also, the co-workers that we have here are pretty nice so of course that makes it even better.
I usually worked a 6 am shift. I printed and expedited several reports. High balance, credit card status, room status, etc.. Resolved payment issues before 8 am. Answered many guest calls and resolved any issues they had in a timely manner. Communicated with the other departments necessary to resolve any and all situations that may have come up. I ran guest request reports for incoming guests so to be proactive to their specific needs at time of check in. I arranged special amenities for guests with special occasions that brought them to the hotel. I arranged transportation, travel arrangements, booked reservations and sold area tours.
I proudly adhered to the protocols necessary to maintain a smooth running front desk. I always brought sunshine to the front desk and assured the guests that we were always there for them and to meet any and all of their needs while at our hotel. I worked well with my team and maintained a professional and happy environment.
Pros
We were provided free lunch daily. Met many celebrities. worked in nice environment
Cons
The work far exceeded the pay scale. Short staffed often.
Overall the job is easy, checking guests in and out of the hotel. Poor communication between departments can cause confusion between guests and the front desk.
Pros
free lunch
There are 850 rooms, one high rise connected to the main entrance, a night club on saturday and sundays on the top floor, and 6 exterior wings that have guestrooms as well. People don't like that they charge so much for parking, even as a hotel guest it is (21.00 for over night and 26.00 for valet). The exterior wings are far and people don't like to walk to them late at night. They get a lot of distressed airline passengers being so close to the airport.

They schedule by seniority so if you are new, you get the worst schedule i.e 3-11pm, 4-12am, 5-1am, so the turnover rate is high because nobody likes those shifts... and they don't start out at $15 like the rest of seatac, they make about 12-14.50 at most. Also it is a union hotel so they take $40 a month, and an extra $45 if you add medical.

That hardest part of the job is getting bitched at and compensating for things that are out of your control, such as... inflated room rates, bellman not being available, and high price for parking.
Pros
they provide and almost edible lunch
Cons
during slow season sept-apr it is possible to have no hours
As it is my first job i m learning lot of things practically. its more than what we learned in college. management and staff is very supporting and understanding. every day was new challenge for me as everyday i use to get compliments and positive feedback from guest as well as from my senior.
Training is thorough and easy to understand via computer systems. Overall, it is a learn as you go job. I adore the people I know and work with, and would be sad to leave them behind. However, people are close and it seems that everyone discusses everything there, so there is little privacy.

There can be growth in the brand, but not in the individual hotel itself.

Being yelled at for someone else's irresponsible mistake or just because someone is having a bad day can take its toll on you. At the end of the day, DT by Hilton, Bristol is a delight to work at despite the incredibly low paycheck.
Pros
An unbelievably fun yet laid back and fair boss, free food and goody bags not wanted by guests after weddings and banquets, very friendly staff; employees permitted to enjoy company with friends in both restaurants and patio, wide variety of clientele, diverse staff, guest service agents occasionally gets tips, saltwater pool/hot tub.
Cons
Expensive insurance, extremely low pay, lack of understanding through communication between departments despite weekly meetings, understaffed due to high turn-a-round or people always wanting to leave shift early, prices too high in the pantry.
the Doubletree is a very nice and friendly environment. The staff is very polite and professional. We all enjoy meeting guest needs. The hardest part of this job is being sure to please our guest and keep them happy at all times. The customer is ALWAYS right!
Pros
discounted room rates for friends and family
Cons
unset hours and days off
Completely Amazing When You Compare It To A Shamin Hotel It's Like Chicken Alfredo & Red Wine Compared To Ramen Noodles and A Juice Box
I love my job but there is no room for advancement within the location I am currently working for. I feel as though I am overly qualified for the position that I currently hold.
Pros
Love my co-workers
Cons
No advancement
A typical day at work would include pre shifts meeting with management to go over any important information. Greeting guest as they enter the hotel. Great leadership team who taught you how to anticipate customer's needs and provide the highest level of customer service. Co-workers are more like family members.
Pros
Everything except compensation
Cons
Wish they would pay more, but hotels pay better in more popular locations.
Many good people working here in a very tough industry. Flexible hours.
• Providing excellent hospitality at check in
• Working closely with each department necessary to ensure requests are followed through and all changes are being effectively communicated

• Correcting account and billing issues

• Being able to assist in any way possible to ensure guest satisfaction

• Stay current and knowledgeable in all promotions within hilton and the hotel to better serve guests
Pros
I love being able to engage and meet a variety of people.
Cons
Being able to leave from the front desk and learn more departments
When you start working the first week is tough as u have to do a lot of online courses which are very boring, but one u start working its a good place to work if u have good team.
Pros
you are appreciate for your good work
Cons
very slow in increment and promotion
It was my first job at front desk. I started there as beginner and was provided with all necessary tools to grow. I am quick learner so with in short span of time I was on top and taking lead shifts. I enjoy working there.
I love the job and it definitely keeps you busy. The only downfall is the hours are not guaranteed even if you are full time. But the management is great and the staff is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours are not guaranteed
Through working with the Hilton company in the past few years I've learned to step outside of my comfort zone and job description to ensure guest satisfaction. I have also learned to be my own manager, empowering me to make tough decisions and maintain the integrity of the company. The job has gave way to interacting with different people from different cultures, allowing me to broaden my mind in customer relations. Being in the hospitality business you have to learn and know how to work in a team, making communication vital for the overall success of not only the guests but of the employees there as well. For anyone who cannot think outside the box or wear their heart on their sleeves this can present difficulties working at the front desk. I enjoy the networking you are exposed to by meeting people from all different backgrounds.
A typical day started midday and ended late in the evening. Checkin guest out and preparing arrivals. Ensuring hilton honors amenities were prepared and delivered to guest rooms. Handled all guest complaints. Management and co-workers were great to work for/with. I learned how to handle guest services in a fast paced environment. I sharpened my customer service skills dealing with a variety of guest. The hardest part was learning how to deal with the variety of people. The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with the guests.
Pros
dry cleaning included
Cons
short breaks at times
Management was awesome, and there was room to move up from my current position. I learned how to use their computer system fast because management trained me quick and they made it easy to learn. My co-workers were extremely nice and made me feel like i had been a part of the team for years. They were always willing to help me with anything i need. The hardest part of my job was working for the amount of money they wanted to pay me, I did three jobs in one and made the least amount of money out of everyone. I asked for a raise but it never came. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people i worked with and helping customers feel like they were at home when they stayed at our hotel. I only left because i ended up moving to another state but would go back if i had the chance.
Pros
Smoke breaks when possible, free food sometimes
Cons
No healthcare was offered because not enough employees wanted it
Being a former worker I am happy to say that it was a pleasure to work there. GM standards are above average in my opinion and would work there in a heart beat.
1.6K