DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 183 reviews matching the search See all 4,003 reviews
Awesome place to work with managers who truly care
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CA21 August 2014
A typical day at work would include pre shifts meeting with management to go over any important information. Greeting guest as they enter the hotel. Great leadership team who taught you how to anticipate customer's needs and provide the highest level of customer service. Co-workers are more like family members.
Pros
Everything except compensation
Cons
Wish they would pay more, but hotels pay better in more popular locations.
Free Lunch and Uniforms
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO21 August 2014
Many good people working here in a very tough industry. Flexible hours.
Life of my responsibilities
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA2 July 2014
• Providing excellent hospitality at check in
• Working closely with each department necessary to ensure requests are followed through and all changes are being effectively communicated
• Correcting account and billing issues
• Being able to assist in any way possible to ensure guest satisfaction
• Stay current and knowledgeable in all promotions within hilton and the hotel to better serve guests
Pros
I love being able to engage and meet a variety of people.
Cons
Being able to leave from the front desk and learn more departments
work
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Arpora, GA29 June 2014
When you start working the first week is tough as u have to do a lot of online courses which are very boring, but one u start working its a good place to work if u have good team.
Pros
you are appreciate for your good work
Cons
very slow in increment and promotion
Productive and fun place work environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2014
It was my first job at front desk. I started there as beginner and was provided with all necessary tools to grow. I am quick learner so with in short span of time I was on top and taking lead shifts. I enjoy working there.
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MN9 May 2014
I love the job and it definitely keeps you busy. The only downfall is the hours are not guaranteed even if you are full time. But the management is great and the staff is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours are not guaranteed
Good place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA28 April 2014
Through working with the Hilton company in the past few years I've learned to step outside of my comfort zone and job description to ensure guest satisfaction. I have also learned to be my own manager, empowering me to make tough decisions and maintain the integrity of the company. The job has gave way to interacting with different people from different cultures, allowing me to broaden my mind in customer relations. Being in the hospitality business you have to learn and know how to work in a team, making communication vital for the overall success of not only the guests but of the employees there as well. For anyone who cannot think outside the box or wear their heart on their sleeves this can present difficulties working at the front desk. I enjoy the networking you are exposed to by meeting people from all different backgrounds.
Productive and fun work place
Guest Service Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth,NJ19 March 2014
A typical day started midday and ended late in the evening. Checkin guest out and preparing arrivals. Ensuring hilton honors amenities were prepared and delivered to guest rooms. Handled all guest complaints. Management and co-workers were great to work for/with. I learned how to handle guest services in a fast paced environment. I sharpened my customer service skills dealing with a variety of guest. The hardest part was learning how to deal with the variety of people. The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with the guests.
Pros
dry cleaning included
Cons
short breaks at times
Productive work enviroment
Guest Service Agent, Driver (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC24 February 2014
Management was awesome, and there was room to move up from my current position. I learned how to use their computer system fast because management trained me quick and they made it easy to learn. My co-workers were extremely nice and made me feel like i had been a part of the team for years. They were always willing to help me with anything i need. The hardest part of my job was working for the amount of money they wanted to pay me, I did three jobs in one and made the least amount of money out of everyone. I asked for a raise but it never came. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people i worked with and helping customers feel like they were at home when they stayed at our hotel. I only left because i ended up moving to another state but would go back if i had the chance.
Pros
Smoke breaks when possible, free food sometimes
Cons
No healthcare was offered because not enough employees wanted it
Great business & leisure hotel
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AR4 February 2014
Being a former worker I am happy to say that it was a pleasure to work there. GM standards are above average in my opinion and would work there in a heart beat.
Review
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA26 January 2014
The Double Tree Hotel in Waltham was change to Embassy Suite under new management when I felt, thus my judgment would not be valuable.
Good to have while looking for something better
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NY25 January 2014
Not a great place to work if you are looking to start a career. It is simply a job to have some sort of stability while you look for something better and are willing to put in work. They will not hesitate to fire someone, for any reason. Guidelines are not followed strongly and favoritism rules this establishment. The general manager has a terrible attitude and it shows in the way this place is run. Fear rather than respect rule at this hotel where people only do their job just to keep a job. Most importantly this place is NOT team atmosphere. It is very cut throat throughout all departments. But if you have a knack to stay out of trouble and need some quick if not decent money give it a chance.
Pros
Free meals and restaurant on property to order discounted food from
Cons
Free meals are not always great..nice employee discounts
Enjoyable Work-place
Guest Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA8 January 2014
A typical Day at the doubletree is full with laughter, great conversation and a good group of people working together
Pros
Free Luncch
Cons
Great healthPlan
Productive work place
GUEST SERVICE AGENT/ NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA4 January 2014
I love working with people, and working in a team. This is a great place to work if you like to be busy and planning things ahead and being proactive.
Pros
vacations, employee discounts on food and beverages
Cons
no Holiday pay or time and half
I enjoyed working for this company and was able to gain great customer service experience.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  American Canyon, CA29 December 2013
This work place was flexible with my schedule and I was able to work a lot of overtime. The management changed when I was employed here, which was good due to the experience of the new managers.
Pros
Discounts on Hilton Hotels
Cons
General employee guideline changes
Hilton Hotels are great
Guest Service Agent/PBX Operator/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA3 December 2013
The doubletree in King of Prussia does not follow Hilton standard instead they create rules and say they are new Hilton standard that's not fair.
Winner of Best Workplace Environment with Richfield Management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX27 November 2013
Great managers you are empowered to make your own decisions.
Pros
Loving coworkers, Sales Team, Housekeepers, and Front Desk.
Productive work place
GUEST SERVICE AGENT NEW HIRE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Medical Center30 October 2013
Assist all guest with concerns, checking them in and out, making work schedules, answering to all guest complaints.
Overall intent
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NY20 October 2013
I would like a career enhancement / change, working in the same position for so many years creates boredom and has hidden my potential. I am looking to work with a company or organization that promotes growth, stability and promotes team work. I enjoy working with people and attending to their needs. There is on overwhelming joy whenever a guest requests is met.
Guest Service Associate
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN9 September 2013
In the five months of working at the Doubletree by Hilton. I learned so much and pushed my self so hard to acheive excellence. Management is conflicting in the well-being of the actual guests. There was a high turnover rate in my position when I started none of those people were left by the time I quit, there was no security or support. The hardest part was being underpaid and the stress level that management did not seem to care. I enjoyed my job because I felt good and effiecent in my ability to perform work tasks.
Pros
Training, Self Sufficency, The guests
Cons
Compensation, Managment, Turn over rate

51.5K