DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent195 reviews
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
Being a former worker I am happy to say that it was a pleasure to work there. GM standards are above average in my opinion and would work there in a heart beat.
The Double Tree Hotel in Waltham was change to Embassy Suite under new management when I felt, thus my judgment would not be valuable.
Not a great place to work if you are looking to start a career. It is simply a job to have some sort of stability while you look for something better and are willing to put in work. They will not hesitate to fire someone, for any reason. Guidelines are not followed strongly and favoritism rules this establishment. The general manager has a terrible attitude and it shows in the way this place is run. Fear rather than respect rule at this hotel where people only do their job just to keep a job. Most importantly this place is NOT team atmosphere. It is very cut throat throughout all departments. But if you have a knack to stay out of trouble and need some quick if not decent money give it a chance.
Pros
Free meals and restaurant on property to order discounted food from
Cons
Free meals are not always great..nice employee discounts
A typical Day at the doubletree is full with laughter, great conversation and a good group of people working together
Pros
Free Luncch
Cons
Great healthPlan
I love working with people, and working in a team. This is a great place to work if you like to be busy and planning things ahead and being proactive.
Pros
vacations, employee discounts on food and beverages
Cons
no Holiday pay or time and half
This work place was flexible with my schedule and I was able to work a lot of overtime. The management changed when I was employed here, which was good due to the experience of the new managers.
Pros
Discounts on Hilton Hotels
Cons
General employee guideline changes
The doubletree in King of Prussia does not follow Hilton standard instead they create rules and say they are new Hilton standard that's not fair.
Great managers you are empowered to make your own decisions.
Pros
Loving coworkers, Sales Team, Housekeepers, and Front Desk.
Assist all guest with concerns, checking them in and out, making work schedules, answering to all guest complaints.
I would like a career enhancement / change, working in the same position for so many years creates boredom and has hidden my potential. I am looking to work with a company or organization that promotes growth, stability and promotes team work. I enjoy working with people and attending to their needs. There is on overwhelming joy whenever a guest requests is met.
In the five months of working at the Doubletree by Hilton. I learned so much and pushed my self so hard to acheive excellence. Management is conflicting in the well-being of the actual guests. There was a high turnover rate in my position when I started none of those people were left by the time I quit, there was no security or support. The hardest part was being underpaid and the stress level that management did not seem to care. I enjoyed my job because I felt good and effiecent in my ability to perform work tasks.
Pros
Training, Self Sufficency, The guests
Cons
Compensation, Managment, Turn over rate
I really do like the management company I am working for at the moment. I really feel that they do not take care of their employees at all and we are all extremely under paid and unappreciated for all that we do and especially that we work at a Hilton Resort in San Diego CA.
Pros
...great co workers
Cons
healthcare, have to pay for meals, understaffed
perfect place to be in with perfect people i learned more about diffrent culture diffrent aspects on society great leader ship and good people to work with.
Great place to work, managment listens to your ideas and implements great ideas from employees
Coworkers were always late, systems were never working properly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never able to take full break
Used to be a great place, until new company took over. Worst management I've ever experienced. Very unprofessional management. It went from the best job I've ever had to the worst. Everyone that didn't get fired has just quit. People seem to walk out on the job on a daily basis because of how unhappy they are with working there.
It was something very different to what I was used to, I enjoyed my time there meet different kind of people and good management and good co-workers, hardest part of the job was learning the process but the most enjoyable part of my job was serving the people that stay with us
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working all year round
I have learned about hilton world wide and its benefit for the guest how they can enrolled their selfs.
The environment is good but sometimes its very hard to manage because we have to double shifts.
Every day working there was very enjoyable. Co-workers were very nice, managers were helpful and kind. It is rewarding working for such a hospitable group.
Pros
discounts at other hotels
Cons
hours were nights and weekends
While working in a hotel is a great way to meet a lot of people and gain a lot of hospitality experience, be careful. By working here, we often didn't get a full break, and constantly had to deal with unruly guests. Although the good outweighs the bad, make sure that you are not of a weak heart and mind, or the guest will get anything they want.
1.6K