DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 183 reviews matching the search See all 4,000 reviews
Fun work place, amazing co workers
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 June 2013
I really do like the management company I am working for at the moment. I really feel that they do not take care of their employees at all and we are all extremely under paid and unappreciated for all that we do and especially that we work at a Hilton Resort in San Diego CA.
Pros
...great co workers
Cons
healthcare, have to pay for meals, understaffed
great experice
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 June 2013
perfect place to be in with perfect people i learned more about diffrent culture diffrent aspects on society great leader ship and good people to work with.
great envirement
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA7 May 2013
Great place to work, managment listens to your ideas and implements great ideas from employees
Unorganized
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN24 April 2013
Coworkers were always late, systems were never working properly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never able to take full break
Worst place I've ever worked.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Point Dr.6 April 2013
Used to be a great place, until new company took over. Worst management I've ever experienced. Very unprofessional management. It went from the best job I've ever had to the worst. Everyone that didn't get fired has just quit. People seem to walk out on the job on a daily basis because of how unhappy they are with working there.
Good experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 March 2013
It was something very different to what I was used to, I enjoyed my time there meet different kind of people and good management and good co-workers, hardest part of the job was learning the process but the most enjoyable part of my job was serving the people that stay with us
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working all year round
Knowlegeble
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayur Vihar Ph-118 February 2013
I have learned about hilton world wide and its benefit for the guest how they can enrolled their selfs.
The environment is good but sometimes its very hard to manage because we have to double shifts.
great place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VT4 February 2013
Every day working there was very enjoyable. Co-workers were very nice, managers were helpful and kind. It is rewarding working for such a hospitable group.
Pros
discounts at other hotels
Cons
hours were nights and weekends
Fun workplace, not a lot of freedom
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL8 January 2013
While working in a hotel is a great way to meet a lot of people and gain a lot of hospitality experience, be careful. By working here, we often didn't get a full break, and constantly had to deal with unruly guests. Although the good outweighs the bad, make sure that you are not of a weak heart and mind, or the guest will get anything they want.
Great Job
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, Pa3 January 2013
Summers are busy and can be rough but good coworkers and management. Also a great family run hotel.
Don't a good place to work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT28 December 2012
Not a good place to work bad managment bad work place. happy to be leaving
i worked as a front desk agent
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA10 December 2012
i loved working at my job i worked as a front desk agent i checked in and out guest i love working with guest and fellow employees i love to keep busy and have fun allll mixed up in one im a hard worker and a go getter
Pros
they would try to please every one and we would get free lunch
Casual Atmosphere but no room for growth
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX near the Galleria29 November 2012
At first it seems like a big happy family. BUT be careful because they can turn on you in a dime. Alot of favoritism played, and if you are not a robot, or if you have your own personality, you will not last.
Cons
inconsistent scheduling, no room for advancement, no concern for your welfare
Some stuff of my workday
Guest Service Assistance (Current Employee) –  Roble, Puntarenas.26 October 2012
A typical day work is made the Briefing of the day for the managers, have to be ready before than 9:00a.m.

Then, I have to made the welcome letters for the VIP guest, check the rooms and the public areas of the hotel and provide information.
Pros
free lunches
This hotel is a wonderful place of business owned by a great company.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN23 September 2012
I enjoy working at the Hilton DoubleTree. It is a very laid-back atmosphere and the management team is excellent. In my humble opinion, The pay should be more, since it is a Hilton property, but this is not an issue as there numerous growth opportunities. The in-company growth opportunities as well as travel opportunities are a wonderful benefit. The hardest part of the job is retaining knowledge and the best part of the job is applying said retained knowledge and making guests and/or customers feel comfortable and appreciated. The co-workers are excellent as everyone has a professional and positive attitude. I've learned that self-starters can and do excel at this company and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an excellent career in the hospitality industry.
Pros
the management team is excellent and everyone helps each other out.
Cons
i desire higher pay for the work performed.
Entertaining, Fun
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK21 August 2012
Working at a hotel you have a lot of guest interactions, 90% positive, 5% negative, and 5% unknown. That is the exciting, entertaining part of the job. Truly a great overall experience.
The beginning for me
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC18 August 2012
It was my first time working in the hotel business. Front desk supervisor was very knowledgable of everything wish I could have stayed to learn more from him. A few co workers were just as amazing
Pros
lovely hotel choc chip cookies
Cons
cho chip cookies were kept at the front desk addictive
not very fulfilling
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC14 June 2012
The company doesn't cater to the loyalty of the employees that actually stick around in the company. The hospitality industry has a revolving door situation, where not alot of people stick around for more than 3 or 4 months before moving on. The pay is minimum wage. The disrespect level from guests and management, is not fair.
Pros
meeting celebrities
Cons
management and the irrate guests.
Doubletree El Paso
Hhonors Guest Manager/Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  el paso27 April 2012
This opportunity was my first taste of professionalism in a highly competitive market and I quickly appreciated the platform for growth that they provided for me.
Doubletree Review
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC27 April 2012
I come in gather all information that 1st shift needs to relay pertaining to groups, special needs for guest and any system updates that need to be preform before the start of the shift.

Since Ive been there I have learn how to manage my time wisely, how to engage customers, and work together as a team to achieve the companies goals and create a friendly and positive environment.

The hardest part of the job is learning not to take anything personal pertaining to the guest that come and stay with us. Sometimes they can be very rude or even non approachable at times but you have to understand that one its part of the job and 2 try to "Wow" them meaning try to see if there's anything in your power that you can do to make there stay more rewarding, pleasant, and enjoyable. Learning how to do that can be rewarding to you as the employee and to them as well because your trying to leave an expression that today was not my best day but these guys are trying to make me feel better and that's whats counts.

51.5K