DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 4,125 reviews
Entertaining, Fun
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK21 August 2012
Working at a hotel you have a lot of guest interactions, 90% positive, 5% negative, and 5% unknown. That is the exciting, entertaining part of the job. Truly a great overall experience.
The beginning for me
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC18 August 2012
It was my first time working in the hotel business. Front desk supervisor was very knowledgable of everything wish I could have stayed to learn more from him. A few co workers were just as amazing
Pros
lovely hotel choc chip cookies
Cons
cho chip cookies were kept at the front desk addictive
not very fulfilling
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC14 June 2012
The company doesn't cater to the loyalty of the employees that actually stick around in the company. The hospitality industry has a revolving door situation, where not alot of people stick around for more than 3 or 4 months before moving on. The pay is minimum wage. The disrespect level from guests and management, is not fair.
Pros
meeting celebrities
Cons
management and the irrate guests.
Doubletree El Paso
Hhonors Guest Manager/Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  el paso27 April 2012
This opportunity was my first taste of professionalism in a highly competitive market and I quickly appreciated the platform for growth that they provided for me.
Doubletree Review
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC27 April 2012
I come in gather all information that 1st shift needs to relay pertaining to groups, special needs for guest and any system updates that need to be preform before the start of the shift.

Since Ive been there I have learn how to manage my time wisely, how to engage customers, and work together as a team to achieve the companies goals and create a friendly and positive environment.

The hardest part of the job is learning not to take anything personal pertaining to the guest that come and stay with us. Sometimes they can be very rude or even non approachable at times but you have to understand that one its part of the job and 2 try to "Wow" them meaning try to see if there's anything in your power that you can do to make there stay more rewarding, pleasant, and enjoyable. Learning how to do that can be rewarding to you as the employee and to them as well because your trying to leave an expression that today was not my best day but these guys are trying to make me feel better and that's whats counts.
Family atmosphere with teammates who care about guests.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OH12 April 2012
Great place to learn genuine customer service. Down-to-earth service unlike other hotel brands that may act "stuffy". Communication and teamwork are practiced daily and apparent reasons for this property's customer service success. Co-workers care about their jobs and care for each other. The hardest part is dealing with specific guests. Although challenging this will help you develop problem solving skills and develop a strength in customer service. An interesting part about the job is the wide variety of guests who make the job fulfilling and interesting.
Pros
fun workplace, benefits, travel discount
Glad to be done with that place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Alsip, IL7 February 2012
I am happy I no longer have to work there. Was never given my medical benefits.
Cons
everything about a hotel