DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 4,109 reviews
Poor management and skills
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AL25 June 2019
No scheduling, went back on their promises, I needed a certain day off every week and they continuously scheduled me for the time I requested not to have. I told them I needed 40 hours a week and they never gave me anything more than 20-25 hours.
Poor Management and Communication Between Departments
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX17 June 2019
Hilton hotels are generally nice places to work. This particular location has a poor Management team. So much pressure is put on the Front Office team to ensure high survey results without the necessary support from other departments, primarily Housekeeping, Engineering, and Sales. The only way they are able to keep good employees is to offer higher salaries than what other hotels offer.
Great customer sevice.
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC5 June 2019
I was the customer service manager. They value great service. Tje guest is the only reason they exist. The service is some of the best and they expect the best from the employees.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Very poor management.
Face Paced! Make it fun!
Receptionist/Guest Services Relations (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC31 May 2019
I enjoy working at this property and the team I’ve been accompanied with, I’m happy that I’ve made the connections I have and excited to see what’s next in store for me!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Stressful job
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT19 April 2019
Great people to work with. Too much stress without the option of having some day shifts in order to have a life in the evening once and a while.

Lots to learn and remember!
Pros
Discount hotel stays in other hotels
Cons
Stress, fast paced
Better for a stepping stone!!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 April 2019
You will gain a lot of experiences here. Gets really busy sometimes with a lot of mechanical problems. Wonderful benefits and discounts and they do have a wonderful management program.
Benefits
Cons
Mechanical issuse
Great place to advance.
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 March 2019
The employee benefits I received were health/dental care, paid time off after a year of work, Hilton employee travel program with discounted rooms, as well as lunch.

Make sure to talk to management/ Human Resources if you need time off. You can take time off during the slow season if you need time to rest. Northwest by Southern has a program for people with mental illness that I wish I had taken part in but I worked the busy season mostly while here. Supervisors aren’t unionized which I actually liked. Make sure to review your pay stubs and keep track of the hours you worked. Also, be on time!!!!!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
Employees felt they had to work through their breaks because of lack of relief
Productive and fun place
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL19 March 2019
A typical day at work is high demand in customer service and team work oriented. I learned how to manage CRM, check in check out process, accounts payable and receivable, take requests upon and during guests stay. The management team does a great job at keeping everyones energy and dedication focused but entertaining. The work place culture feels like everyone is at home and family. The hardest part of the job is how much time consuming it is and having to deal with big issues that can affect hotel. The most enjoyable part are the employees, people you meet, and overall hospitality the work place brings.
Pros
Free lunches, Hilton Benefits, Team Oriented
Cons
Short breaks, Low Pay
Amazing
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT12 March 2019
Amazing culture, has amazing values and expectations and absolutely focuses on their guest and works together as a team. Cannot fault them at all. Good work!
Productive, Great learning experience, Challenging. Fast paced
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA9 March 2019
My typical day is coming in and getting my station ready for the shift exchange. I speak with the last shift to understand what I need to know that day. We follow a to-do list for the front desk and as the hour go by and we check in guest, the agents are to make sure everything is being checked off as we go.
The check in process is easy to learn and the training is rewarding. Working for the Doubletree has been an amazing overall experience.
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA4 February 2019
Great place to work and learn customer service.Working as a front desk agent gives you a lot of experience dealing with different type of people in person as well as over the phone. This is a great starter position.
understanding staff
Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  West End2 February 2019
it was good working there however no job security as the new reservation department was closed in 9 months after opening The staff and manager was nice nice and the good working hours. Which was good to balance personal and proffessioal life.
Pros
working hours
Cons
staff food was not good
Great Place To Work
Guest Services/ Banquets (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA22 November 2018
Great Experience. If I had the ability to move up I would have stayed at my location. Work was always a fun team effort environment. Low pay with associate positions, but with raises and higher up management positions, great company.
Pros
free lunch, discount rooms
good experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA6 November 2018
working at double tree was a very good learning experience for me. i learned a lot of things from management, my peers and guests as well. It was indeed a pleasure.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA20 October 2018
Working at this location is great at time stressful others staff is amazing. They give you a lot of hours always busy at this location. Would recommend
Being the best
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
A typical day in Doubletree Westend was amazing. Starting being a great receptionist was great and making me feel excited and motivated every day.The key point was ensuring perfect check-ins, guest satisfaction always high and up to standards. I had a check list and ensured all tasks were done correctly. Since I was a receptionist I was already enjoying teaching and coaching colleagues to ensure best operations.
Pros
Meals on duty, multicultural environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun Job For Someone Just Starting Out
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NY7 October 2018
Hilton is a mixed bag, employees are great and it can be fun working here but its a difficult career path. There is mobility but it seems like you cap out quickly and their salaries are low from what I saw.
execellent brand
senior guest service associate (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra24 September 2018
lovely hotel. location also very good. brand and their rules regulation is very good. love to work with this brand. but management is not good. need to improve management team. working friendly. good salary. otherwise everything is good
Pros
free lunch dinner and breakfast
Terrible Work Experience
Guest Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City21 September 2018
I do not recommend working here. Management is terrible. They do not give breaks. It's like working in a junior high with all the drama. Not all management is bad but most are. The general manager has his immediate family working there as well. I would rate this hotel as a 5.
Cons
Slow and steady, busy and fast
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 September 2018
I was given the opportunity to work with this company. It was fun place to work considering I was working two positions at one time. Night Audit and shuttle driver. Both positions I loved with a passion.

51.5K