DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 181 reviews matching the search See all 3,937 reviews
Productive and fun place
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL19 March 2019
A typical day at work is high demand in customer service and team work oriented. I learned how to manage CRM, check in check out process, accounts payable and receivable, take requests upon and during guests stay. The management team does a great job at keeping everyones energy and dedication focused but entertaining. The work place culture feels like everyone is at home and family. The hardest part of the job is how much time consuming it is and having to deal with big issues that can affect hotel. The most enjoyable part are the employees, people you meet, and overall hospitality the work place brings.
Pros
Free lunches, Hilton Benefits, Team Oriented
Cons
Short breaks, Low Pay
Amazing
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT12 March 2019
Amazing culture, has amazing values and expectations and absolutely focuses on their guest and works together as a team. Cannot fault them at all. Good work!
Productive, Great learning experience, Challenging. Fast paced
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA9 March 2019
My typical day is coming in and getting my station ready for the shift exchange. I speak with the last shift to understand what I need to know that day. We follow a to-do list for the front desk and as the hour go by and we check in guest, the agents are to make sure everything is being checked off as we go.
The check in process is easy to learn and the training is rewarding. Working for the Doubletree has been an amazing overall experience.
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA4 February 2019
Great place to work and learn customer service.Working as a front desk agent gives you a lot of experience dealing with different type of people in person as well as over the phone. This is a great starter position.
understanding staff
Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  West End2 February 2019
it was good working there however no job security as the new reservation department was closed in 9 months after opening The staff and manager was nice nice and the good working hours. Which was good to balance personal and proffessioal life.
Pros
working hours
Cons
staff food was not good
Great Place To Work
Guest Services/ Banquets (Current Employee) –  Milford, MA22 November 2018
Great Experience. If I had the ability to move up I would have stayed at my location. Work was always a fun team effort environment. Low pay with associate positions, but with raises and higher up management positions, great company.
Pros
free lunch, discount rooms
good experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA6 November 2018
working at double tree was a very good learning experience for me. i learned a lot of things from management, my peers and guests as well. It was indeed a pleasure.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA20 October 2018
Working at this location is great at time stressful others staff is amazing. They give you a lot of hours always busy at this location. Would recommend
Being the best
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
A typical day in Doubletree Westend was amazing. Starting being a great receptionist was great and making me feel excited and motivated every day.The key point was ensuring perfect check-ins, guest satisfaction always high and up to standards. I had a check list and ensured all tasks were done correctly. Since I was a receptionist I was already enjoying teaching and coaching colleagues to ensure best operations.
Pros
Meals on duty, multicultural environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun Job For Someone Just Starting Out
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NY7 October 2018
Hilton is a mixed bag, employees are great and it can be fun working here but its a difficult career path. There is mobility but it seems like you cap out quickly and their salaries are low from what I saw.
execellent brand
senior guest service associate (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra24 September 2018
lovely hotel. location also very good. brand and their rules regulation is very good. love to work with this brand. but management is not good. need to improve management team. working friendly. good salary. otherwise everything is good
Pros
free lunch dinner and breakfast
Terrible Work Experience
Guest Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City21 September 2018
I do not recommend working here. Management is terrible. They do not give breaks. It's like working in a junior high with all the drama. Not all management is bad but most are. The general manager has his immediate family working there as well. I would rate this hotel as a 5.
Cons
Slow and steady, busy and fast
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 September 2018
I was given the opportunity to work with this company. It was fun place to work considering I was working two positions at one time. Night Audit and shuttle driver. Both positions I loved with a passion.
Great place to work!
Concierge/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TN8 September 2018
Most beautiful place in the Smoky Mountains to work. It has been a very fun and enjoyable place to train and work. Had extensive training on the OnQ System for Hilton.The management team is amazing, I can't say enough about them. I enjoy every day that I am here.
Pros
Employee meal program (very affordable). Wonderful benefits
customer service oriented and fun and loving place to be
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC6 September 2018
This workplace was actually a fun and productive place. Felt like family. Management was awesome and fair and jumped in periodically. My coworkers were very good at teamwork and so were other department managers.
Pros
friendly enjoyable place
If you're not a favorite, you're not gonna last
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Bend, OR4 September 2018
Management is extremely "cliquey" and WILL NOT address issues, you're pretty much on your own. Most of the staff are incompetent, backstabbing and shady. The stress is high and entitled guests are unruly.
Working for this company was enough to get me out of the hospitality industry for good.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Poor management, Unqualified staff
Good place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC23 August 2018
I worked here as a front desk agent. DoubleTree always treated me well and I enjoyed working there, the pay was good seeing as I was in school at the time. Plenty of hours.
Terrible management played favorites and belittled employees.
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR15 August 2018
This was one of the most stressful positions I've ever worked. I was encouraged by management to apply and it took several attempts and waited over a year for an interview, and about 2 months after being hired to actually start. They were understaffed but then overstaffed to overcompensate and under pay/give unfair hours(8 scheduled hours/wk, for example). Frequent pay discrepancies and lots of attitude and condescension when attempting to correct it. I would never encourage someone to work here. The hotel itself is a high quality brand at a low quality, poorly renovated building. Horribly overpriced for customers, aside from the mistreatment of employees.
I worked overnight bookkeeping by myself, and their were multiple break ins in the parking lot, during my employment. Not at all a supportive environment.
Pros
Experience, paid CPR training, paid olcc training
Cons
Pay, management, hours, no benefits, treatment of employees, quality of establishment.
A great location to work at
Guest Services Agent/Fill-in Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX6 August 2018
I usually worked pm from 3-11pm. I liked a lot of the clientele that came in and most of the people we worked for or with. Most people are very team oriented but there is always room for improvement. Overall, my experience here was a positive one and I will miss many of my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, consistency of schedule
Cons
Lack of flexibility for full time employees with consideration to life events
Great work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North Carolina30 July 2018
Great atmosphere, fun place to work, no benefits available. great hours, job advancements available. many nationalities in the workplace,poor department management

51.4K