DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 182 reviews matching the search See all 3,943 reviews
Great work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North Carolina30 July 2018
Great atmosphere, fun place to work, no benefits available. great hours, job advancements available. many nationalities in the workplace,poor department management
Employment Review - POOR
Guest Services / Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA4 July 2018
Hotel is challenged by old school leadership; has a poor rating with their own internal service measurement. Bed Bugs are recurrent problem, staff turnover at the hourly level is an ongoing problem due to poor leadership. There is nothing about this property that would meet typical Hilton standards.
Pros
Cons
Everything and Anything
My property was terrible..
Guest Services (Jacksonville Riverfront) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL2 July 2018
First of all let me start by saying that this property is franchised, so we are run by Chesapeake hospitality, not Hilton! We just use the Hilton name. Management was a hot mess, lots of drama. TONS Of animosity between departments. Lunch breaks had to be fought for, but usually we never got them. And management was never anywhere to be found, especially at night. We were promised incentives that we never received after reaching nearly impossible goals. I did enjoy the challenge, and I absolutely loved my job there with the guests, but the management and the way the hotel was being ran was absolutely terrible. (This property went through THREE HR directors in only 1 & a half years if that tells you anything!) I spent the majority of my year employed there walking on eggs shells, I went to HR a few times for help, but in the end I was basically forced to resign because management needed to look ”productive” towards corporate, shortly after discovering this property was put on the corporate recall list. (This was after working every single holiday including Christmas Day, and my own birthday, no crazy complaints made towards me, and no call outs). I was devastated. I would love nothing more than to work for another high end hotel, especially a Hilton Brand Hotel, but I will never work for a franchised hotel again. And I would not ever recommend a job working for The Doubletree By Hilton JACKSONVILLE RIVERFRONT.
Pros
Employee meals, locker rooms/showers
Cons
Franchised —Employee food was worse than jail food! management was non-exaistant, and no one is ever properly trained, just thrown out there! Would gladly work at a different property.
Great Place to Work
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Redington Beach, FL30 June 2018
Fast paced beach resort. Never a dull moment.
Runs an extremely high occupancy so there is always work to be done.
Management really cares about the team members.
Every employee has a real commitment to customer service.
Award winning property and highly rated on TripAdvisor.
Pros
Great Care Culture - guest service
Cons
Limited advancement - only one property in company
Nice place to work
Guest Service Agent/Reception (Former Employee) –  riyadh,Saudi Arabia13 June 2018
Everything was organized and its a busy hotel, we are doing check in 120 rooms in a day and check out as well.Need to be aware in all the wake up call of the crew for them not to miss the flight.So far it is a very good hotel
Had an Excellent Experience
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJ8 June 2018
Would arrive for my shift a few minutes early to assess my shift. Would complete the duties for my respective shift (AM, Mid, Morning, Night Audit). Emulate and personify brand standards.
I hope the management team is gone
Guest Service Agent/ Hhonors Guest Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX15 May 2018
There was a management team at the property that cycled through leaders on a very quick basis. Other than that the property is beautiful, and the guests enjoyed it.
Professional workplace with engaging and approachable workers.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, IL 622342 April 2018
Checking guests in and out of their rooms, taking reservations from callers and learning how to give the customers what they want without breaching argument. Workplace is very professional and the guests always come first. Customer service can be incredibly difficult if you do not say the right things at the right time. When satisfying a customer, they make it clear that you did a good job, that was my favorite part.
Pros
Good hours and experience in the field
Cons
Not much movement, a lot of standing in one place
OK place to work at
Guest Service Agent/ Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC25 March 2018
This is a beautiful property and the staff is what make people keep coming. They have the best staff to work with, but they just don't have enough which end up overworking the ones they have.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
not enough staff
Productive and punctual environmental setting
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  South Portland, ME21 March 2018
Day to day guest service agent where we greeted our hotel guests and we either checked them in or checked them out. I learned that I have to have thick skin while working there because a few of hotel guests can be rude and demanding to us. Management was great. Workplace culture was relaxing and fun at the same time.
Pros
We get to drink unlimited Starbucks coffee, get to have left over dinner from the catering department
Cons
They fired a lot of employees in other department from month to month.
Stay away
GUEST SERVICE AGENT/ OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA8 March 2018
This location is a gorgeous property with very scenic and photo friendly views. The management however is less than desireable they careless about a staying guests experience than a person at the restaurant dining in for dinner; Was not the most healthy working environment
Busy and Productive
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  American Canyon, CA3 March 2018
This was a fun, and busy place to work. There is constant guest service duties, including booking rooms, payment processing, and meeting guests needs as well as concierge services.
Pros
Meet people from around the world
Cons
management inconsistencies
not competitive pay
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL20 February 2018
good place to work something new everyday management comes with the territory depends how experience they have many people who are not able to speak the language work there and good benefits for family and member to stay at there Hotels..
Management Needs Improvement
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IN10 January 2018
If you enjoy being taken for granted, being underpaid, being ridiculed and talked down to by management, and being forced to work overtime by a company that wouldn't skip a beat if you died, The DoubleTree by Hilton is the place for you!!!
Cons
management, Human Resources that doesn't care
Fast paced work environment. With lots of perks!
Guest Service Agent/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI4 January 2018
Enjoyable work atmosphere. The GSA/ front desk was very accommodating and upbeat! Great rapport with front office agents. Fresh and young crews. One of the many perks was being able to experience what our Guests experience at the Luau nearby at our sister hotel, Hilton Waikiki.
Pros
free lunches. banquets at Hilton Waikiki.
Cons
bagging cookies was part of my job description.
Very good property
Guest relation (Current Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah3 January 2018
One of the best Hilton hotel with beautiful property and facilities. Good place for relaxing and family hotel.Different dinning option like Italian,french,Asian and Turkish with fine dinning and lovely environment.
Pros
beach and pool
Cons
Not the best company to work for but not the worst.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SC27 December 2017
This company was fun to work for at times but they do not know how to let go or retrain unfriendly staff. I would dread coming to work on certain days when we were scheduled together.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No holidays, bad kitchen discount
Good Opportunities
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE18 December 2017
This place needs help, management is not where it needs to be for such a great hotel. With proper structure and better benefits for its employees this would be an excellent place to work.
Didn't feel like they cared
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OH6 December 2017
They overworked you or you didn't get enough hours. 3 times in the 3 months I was there they had me off an entire week because they had no hours for labor because guest stop coming because the service was horrible.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, training, everything
The team and the management
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 986846 December 2017
I enjoy working with my colleagues. The team at the hotel always has a positive attitude and a willingness to meet the needs of the guests. The management is nice. I can comfortably go to them with a problem and know that it'll get resolved.

51.4K