DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 4,113 reviews
Great place to work!
Concierge/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TN8 September 2018
Most beautiful place in the Smoky Mountains to work. It has been a very fun and enjoyable place to train and work. Had extensive training on the OnQ System for Hilton.The management team is amazing, I can't say enough about them. I enjoy every day that I am here.
Pros
Employee meal program (very affordable). Wonderful benefits
customer service oriented and fun and loving place to be
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC6 September 2018
This workplace was actually a fun and productive place. Felt like family. Management was awesome and fair and jumped in periodically. My coworkers were very good at teamwork and so were other department managers.
Pros
friendly enjoyable place
If you're not a favorite, you're not gonna last
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Bend, OR4 September 2018
Management is extremely "cliquey" and WILL NOT address issues, you're pretty much on your own. Most of the staff are incompetent, backstabbing and shady. The stress is high and entitled guests are unruly.
Working for this company was enough to get me out of the hospitality industry for good.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Poor management, Unqualified staff
Good place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC23 August 2018
I worked here as a front desk agent. DoubleTree always treated me well and I enjoyed working there, the pay was good seeing as I was in school at the time. Plenty of hours.
Terrible management played favorites and belittled employees.
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR15 August 2018
This was one of the most stressful positions I've ever worked. I was encouraged by management to apply and it took several attempts and waited over a year for an interview, and about 2 months after being hired to actually start. They were understaffed but then overstaffed to overcompensate and under pay/give unfair hours(8 scheduled hours/wk, for example). Frequent pay discrepancies and lots of attitude and condescension when attempting to correct it. I would never encourage someone to work here. The hotel itself is a high quality brand at a low quality, poorly renovated building. Horribly overpriced for customers, aside from the mistreatment of employees.
I worked overnight bookkeeping by myself, and their were multiple break ins in the parking lot, during my employment. Not at all a supportive environment.
Pros
Experience, paid CPR training, paid olcc training
Cons
Pay, management, hours, no benefits, treatment of employees, quality of establishment.
A great location to work at
Guest Services Agent/Fill-in Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX6 August 2018
I usually worked pm from 3-11pm. I liked a lot of the clientele that came in and most of the people we worked for or with. Most people are very team oriented but there is always room for improvement. Overall, my experience here was a positive one and I will miss many of my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, consistency of schedule
Cons
Lack of flexibility for full time employees with consideration to life events
Great work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North Carolina30 July 2018
Great atmosphere, fun place to work, no benefits available. great hours, job advancements available. many nationalities in the workplace,poor department management
Employment Review - POOR
Guest Services / Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA4 July 2018
Hotel is challenged by old school leadership; has a poor rating with their own internal service measurement. Bed Bugs are recurrent problem, staff turnover at the hourly level is an ongoing problem due to poor leadership. There is nothing about this property that would meet typical Hilton standards.
Pros
Cons
Everything and Anything
My property was terrible..
Guest Services (Jacksonville Riverfront) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL2 July 2018
First of all let me start by saying that this property is franchised, so we are run by Chesapeake hospitality, not Hilton! We just use the Hilton name. Management was a hot mess, lots of drama. TONS Of animosity between departments. Lunch breaks had to be fought for, but usually we never got them. And management was never anywhere to be found, especially at night. We were promised incentives that we never received after reaching nearly impossible goals. I did enjoy the challenge, and I absolutely loved my job there with the guests, but the management and the way the hotel was being ran was absolutely terrible. (This property went through THREE HR directors in only 1 & a half years if that tells you anything!) I spent the majority of my year employed there walking on eggs shells, I went to HR a few times for help, but in the end I was basically forced to resign because management needed to look ”productive” towards corporate, shortly after discovering this property was put on the corporate recall list. (This was after working every single holiday including Christmas Day, and my own birthday, no crazy complaints made towards me, and no call outs). I was devastated. I would love nothing more than to work for another high end hotel, especially a Hilton Brand Hotel, but I will never work for a franchised hotel again. And I would not ever recommend a job working for The Doubletree By Hilton JACKSONVILLE RIVERFRONT.
Pros
Employee meals, locker rooms/showers
Cons
Franchised —Employee food was worse than jail food! management was non-exaistant, and no one is ever properly trained, just thrown out there! Would gladly work at a different property.
Great Place to Work
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Redington Beach, FL30 June 2018
Fast paced beach resort. Never a dull moment.
Runs an extremely high occupancy so there is always work to be done.
Management really cares about the team members.
Every employee has a real commitment to customer service.
Award winning property and highly rated on TripAdvisor.
Pros
Great Care Culture - guest service
Cons
Limited advancement - only one property in company
Nice place to work
Guest Service Agent/Reception (Former Employee) –  riyadh,Saudi Arabia13 June 2018
Everything was organized and its a busy hotel, we are doing check in 120 rooms in a day and check out as well.Need to be aware in all the wake up call of the crew for them not to miss the flight.So far it is a very good hotel
Had an Excellent Experience
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJ8 June 2018
Would arrive for my shift a few minutes early to assess my shift. Would complete the duties for my respective shift (AM, Mid, Morning, Night Audit). Emulate and personify brand standards.
I hope the management team is gone
Guest Service Agent/ Hhonors Guest Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX15 May 2018
There was a management team at the property that cycled through leaders on a very quick basis. Other than that the property is beautiful, and the guests enjoyed it.
Professional workplace with engaging and approachable workers.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, IL 622342 April 2018
Checking guests in and out of their rooms, taking reservations from callers and learning how to give the customers what they want without breaching argument. Workplace is very professional and the guests always come first. Customer service can be incredibly difficult if you do not say the right things at the right time. When satisfying a customer, they make it clear that you did a good job, that was my favorite part.
Pros
Good hours and experience in the field
Cons
Not much movement, a lot of standing in one place
OK place to work at
Guest Service Agent/ Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC25 March 2018
This is a beautiful property and the staff is what make people keep coming. They have the best staff to work with, but they just don't have enough which end up overworking the ones they have.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
not enough staff
Productive and punctual environmental setting
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  South Portland, ME21 March 2018
Day to day guest service agent where we greeted our hotel guests and we either checked them in or checked them out. I learned that I have to have thick skin while working there because a few of hotel guests can be rude and demanding to us. Management was great. Workplace culture was relaxing and fun at the same time.
Pros
We get to drink unlimited Starbucks coffee, get to have left over dinner from the catering department
Cons
They fired a lot of employees in other department from month to month.
Stay away
GUEST SERVICE AGENT/ OVERNIGHT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA8 March 2018
This location is a gorgeous property with very scenic and photo friendly views. The management however is less than desireable they careless about a staying guests experience than a person at the restaurant dining in for dinner; Was not the most healthy working environment
Busy and Productive
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  American Canyon, CA3 March 2018
This was a fun, and busy place to work. There is constant guest service duties, including booking rooms, payment processing, and meeting guests needs as well as concierge services.
Pros
Meet people from around the world
Cons
management inconsistencies
not competitive pay
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL20 February 2018
good place to work something new everyday management comes with the territory depends how experience they have many people who are not able to speak the language work there and good benefits for family and member to stay at there Hotels..
Management Needs Improvement
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IN10 January 2018
If you enjoy being taken for granted, being underpaid, being ridiculed and talked down to by management, and being forced to work overtime by a company that wouldn't skip a beat if you died, The DoubleTree by Hilton is the place for you!!!
Cons
management, Human Resources that doesn't care

51.5K