DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 181 reviews matching the search See all 3,927 reviews
Productive and fun work environment!
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA9 November 2017
It's an absolute pleasure to work for Doubletree By Hilton. The staff and management are delights. All management in every department have a open door policy.
Doubletree
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OH7 November 2017
Working for Hilton was an amazing opportunity. The franchised Doubletree location I worked for was a disgrace to the Hilton name. I would gladly work for the Hilton company again, but the people who owned this hotel should not be able to call itself a Doubletree.

Being front desk at a hotel has many perks. It was a very laid back job, you could mostly make decisions on your own and take control of many situations. You learn a lot about computer systems and financial auditing. There was definitely room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed the discount on room rates.

Overall would recommend Hilton and the Doubletree name, but not the specific franchise company I worked for.
pay could be more
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH6 November 2017
people make most jobs this is one of those jobs. training couldve been better also. shift are a breeze this job is cake. overtime is availble from time to time and manager is flexible with scheduling.
Upscale hotel in Pioneer Square
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2017
The Arctic Club was a gentleman's club dating back to 1917. The building, being 100 years old, has a lot of character and charm that most hotels in the Seattle area do not have.

With 120 rooms and a gorgeous event space, it is the ideal location for those seeking a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free meal, paid insurance, team member travel rates
Cons
No 401k, non-competitive wages
Tasks
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA22 October 2017
Guest service agents answer telephone calls from guests seeking to make or cancel hotel reservations. They greet arriving guests, assign rooms, issue keys, and collect guest payment and billing information. Agents answer guest requests for assistance and coordinate with housekeeping, bell service, staff and management to fulfill guest requirements. Provide guests with access to hotel services, forward in-room meal requests, and ensure that mail, faxes and packages are delivered in a timely manner.
Pros
Discounted stays
Friendly Employees!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA17 October 2017
Fun workplace! Very diverse! I work with lots of fun people who encourage each other as much as possible.We all pull together including management when it's "crunch time" I think the hardest part of my job is sometimes difficult and demanding guests. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with so many people from all over the world, with different point of views. Also giving my 100% to each and every guest I encounter and watching my infectious, warm demeanor transform both guest and their experience!
A great introductory role in hospitality
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA9 September 2017
If you are thinking you might want to join the millions in hospitality I suggest that you land yourself a guest service agent role at your local Hilton. You will find out very quickly if you have what it takes to survive and thrive in the hospitality industry.

Working at the DoubleTree you will learn it all begins with the cookie. Guests know and recognize the cookie as the beginning to their hospitality experience. From there you will help travelers check in check out process, pay balances and explain hotel features day in and day out. Occasionally you will have to make decisions on how to make things right for a guest of the hotel if things dont go the way they expected. You will also need to know a great deal on how to deescalate situations at times. You just never know what your traveling public will bring you day to day. However your expected job duties will never change. You will do and go through the same motions day in and day out.

Hilton overall has a great benefits program with health, dental, vision 401K options and a travel benefit that is unrivaled in the hospitality market. There is even educational opportunities and even assistance with adoption services. They also give you flexibility in paid and unpaid time off among other avenues. And did i mention free lunch? not all hotels offer free lunch but most larger ones do

As for the pay - which is true throughout all hospitality companies the pay is low. Working at a smaller hotel you will learn more but you will also do a lot more but get paid less. Just do your research.

Turnover is high at the the
  more... entry level and in the intermediate level of management so dont get too attached and schedules are inconsistent at best.  less
Pros
transfer ability, free lunch, travel opportunites, benefits are good
Cons
low pay, high paced, repetitive work
great Atmosphere....Loved Working with Staff
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA1 September 2017
I really enjoyed the friendly staff...The Teamwork was amazing...I enjoyed helping the guest making sure their stay was comfortable. It is a fast paced employer that can sometimes become slightly stressful especially if you become faced with a guest who is unhappy
Pros
free lunches&overtime always available
One of the best hotels in Cluj Napoca
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cluj Napoca25 August 2017
Everyday we have the priviledge to interact with people from other countryes, we have the responsability to solve their problems and their questions, and our management is one of the best in town. We are developing day by day and this thing is shown by the big number of people who came at our hotel in the last time.
Pros
Free lunches, 50% discount at the SPA and other food when we're not at work
Cons
long hours of work
Nice hotel !!!
Guest Service Agent & Lobby Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL24 August 2017
Nice hotel , good management but too far my home!! I need to work more close area !! Very busy airlines hotel and learning a lot new knowledge about hospitality
Professional enhancement
Guest Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 August 2017
Always a busy day to begin with, but most importantly it help a person to gain confidence and enhancing learning and self development ahead with brand new staff project that able communication between staff and employer directly. Unfortunately the most hardest part ever is that the hotel is too busy that sometimes for a multitasking person need to be unitask as we need to control the pressure that going around. Indeed working in hospitality line is the fastest ways to a person to learn a lot within a short period of time. And the most interesting part is keeping the guest enjoys their stays in the hotel and received abundant of service compliment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less staff
Very professional and upbeat
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC1 August 2017
The business was very upscale and productive. Management opportunities are available and willing to hire from within. I learned a lot from the FOH team. It can be very fast paced at times but mostly a laid back shift. My experience with the staff and guest were excellent.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN 4660131 July 2017
You get a lot of hours, but it isn't worth the stress. Between the coworkers and the guest, the people are disrespectful. The guest are entitled and front desk has kiss their tails it's way too stressful for how much they pay.
very promising company
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA13 July 2017
A well known hotel all over the world. It caters and serves different kinds of people. has a lots of amenities. Very nice to work with.Hotel is clean. Very cozy and relaxing to stay with.
Pros
got to meet different kinds of people
Cons
needs to understand different languages
Good Environment If they could keep management
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA12 July 2017
When I left I think it had the potential to grow into something great but management was always changing. With that rules and expectations were changing too. It became too confusing and hectic so when another opportunity presented itself I jumped at it.
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
No Benefits
Loved working there
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 8003125 June 2017
Great place to work. Nick the AGM is the best boss I have ever had. Angie the GM is also good. Only problem is some of my coworkers didn't seem to know how to do basic tasks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Coworkers were slow
fun but stressfull work environment.
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MA14 June 2017
this place will do its best to keep you around if you do a good job. Many people that work here have been here sense it opened 20 years ago. Best hotel in the area so its always busy. pay could be a little higher considering we are the highest rated hotel around. Hilton travel benefits are the best around!
Pros
free lunch or dinner, free trainings, easy professional advancement, work with really great people
Cons
work holidays and weekends, expected to be flexible with schedule, work 50+ hours a week, expensive and bad benefits packages
Great work life balance
NIGHT AUDITOR/GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 June 2017
Great work life balance. Management is great, they really care about their team.
Care rally's every month where they celebrate the employees in the hotel.
Beautiful Hotel with great discounts and perks
Guest Services Agent / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA23 May 2017
This is a place for individuals who love interacting with people of various places and cultures. Great Co Workers and opportunities at our location. The hotel industry is a very competitive environment however I have found even without hotel experience anyone can thrive here.
Pros
Discounts on Hilton propert Hotels
Cons
Very busy days or slow days
Competitive work environment.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 3721920 May 2017
The guest service manager showed preferential treatment to her friends that worked the front desk. They worked with her at her previous place of employment. She threaten to fire me and I terminated my employment.
Pros
paid meals
Cons
Unfair treatment

51.4K