DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 4,127 reviews
Fast paced work environment. With lots of perks!
Guest Service Agent/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI4 January 2018
Enjoyable work atmosphere. The GSA/ front desk was very accommodating and upbeat! Great rapport with front office agents. Fresh and young crews. One of the many perks was being able to experience what our Guests experience at the Luau nearby at our sister hotel, Hilton Waikiki.
Pros
free lunches. banquets at Hilton Waikiki.
Cons
bagging cookies was part of my job description.
Very good property
Guest relation (Current Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah3 January 2018
One of the best Hilton hotel with beautiful property and facilities. Good place for relaxing and family hotel.Different dinning option like Italian,french,Asian and Turkish with fine dinning and lovely environment.
Pros
beach and pool
Cons
Not the best company to work for but not the worst.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SC27 December 2017
This company was fun to work for at times but they do not know how to let go or retrain unfriendly staff. I would dread coming to work on certain days when we were scheduled together.
Pros
discounts
Cons
No holidays, bad kitchen discount
Good Opportunities
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE18 December 2017
This place needs help, management is not where it needs to be for such a great hotel. With proper structure and better benefits for its employees this would be an excellent place to work.
Didn't feel like they cared
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OH6 December 2017
They overworked you or you didn't get enough hours. 3 times in the 3 months I was there they had me off an entire week because they had no hours for labor because guest stop coming because the service was horrible.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, training, everything
The team and the management
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 986846 December 2017
I enjoy working with my colleagues. The team at the hotel always has a positive attitude and a willingness to meet the needs of the guests. The management is nice. I can comfortably go to them with a problem and know that it'll get resolved.
Something to pass the time
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  South Portland, ME28 November 2017
Too busy during the summer, too slow during the winter. No real room for advancement. High turnover rate. Can't be on our cell phones but we can be on the computers at the front desk. No real breaks.
Pros
$5 employee lunch menu, very cheap travel options
Cons
No breaks
Productive and fun work environment!
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA9 November 2017
It's an absolute pleasure to work for Doubletree By Hilton. The staff and management are delights. All management in every department have a open door policy.
Doubletree
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OH7 November 2017
Working for Hilton was an amazing opportunity. The franchised Doubletree location I worked for was a disgrace to the Hilton name. I would gladly work for the Hilton company again, but the people who owned this hotel should not be able to call itself a Doubletree.

Being front desk at a hotel has many perks. It was a very laid back job, you could mostly make decisions on your own and take control of many situations. You learn a lot about computer systems and financial auditing. There was definitely room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed the discount on room rates.

Overall would recommend Hilton and the Doubletree name, but not the specific franchise company I worked for.
pay could be more
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH6 November 2017
people make most jobs this is one of those jobs. training couldve been better also. shift are a breeze this job is cake. overtime is availble from time to time and manager is flexible with scheduling.
Upscale hotel in Pioneer Square
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2017
The Arctic Club was a gentleman's club dating back to 1917. The building, being 100 years old, has a lot of character and charm that most hotels in the Seattle area do not have.

With 120 rooms and a gorgeous event space, it is the ideal location for those seeking a career in hospitality.
Pros
Free meal, paid insurance, team member travel rates
Cons
No 401k, non-competitive wages
Tasks
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA22 October 2017
Guest service agents answer telephone calls from guests seeking to make or cancel hotel reservations. They greet arriving guests, assign rooms, issue keys, and collect guest payment and billing information. Agents answer guest requests for assistance and coordinate with housekeeping, bell service, staff and management to fulfill guest requirements. Provide guests with access to hotel services, forward in-room meal requests, and ensure that mail, faxes and packages are delivered in a timely manner.
Pros
Discounted stays
Friendly Employees!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA17 October 2017
Fun workplace! Very diverse! I work with lots of fun people who encourage each other as much as possible.We all pull together including management when it's "crunch time" I think the hardest part of my job is sometimes difficult and demanding guests. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with so many people from all over the world, with different point of views. Also giving my 100% to each and every guest I encounter and watching my infectious, warm demeanor transform both guest and their experience!
A great introductory role in hospitality
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA9 September 2017
If you are thinking you might want to join the millions in hospitality I suggest that you land yourself a guest service agent role at your local Hilton. You will find out very quickly if you have what it takes to survive and thrive in the hospitality industry.

Working at the DoubleTree you will learn it all begins with the cookie. Guests know and recognize the cookie as the beginning to their hospitality experience. From there you will help travelers check in check out process, pay balances and explain hotel features day in and day out. Occasionally you will have to make decisions on how to make things right for a guest of the hotel if things dont go the way they expected. You will also need to know a great deal on how to deescalate situations at times. You just never know what your traveling public will bring you day to day. However your expected job duties will never change. You will do and go through the same motions day in and day out.

Hilton overall has a great benefits program with health, dental, vision 401K options and a travel benefit that is unrivaled in the hospitality market. There is even educational opportunities and even assistance with adoption services. They also give you flexibility in paid and unpaid time off among other avenues. And did i mention free lunch? not all hotels offer free lunch but most larger ones do

As for the pay - which is true throughout all hospitality companies the pay is low. Working at a smaller hotel you will learn more but you will also do a lot more but get paid less. Just do your research.

Turnover is high at the the
  more... entry level and in the intermediate level of management so dont get too attached and schedules are inconsistent at best.  less
Pros
transfer ability, free lunch, travel opportunites, benefits are good
Cons
low pay, high paced, repetitive work
great Atmosphere....Loved Working with Staff
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA1 September 2017
I really enjoyed the friendly staff...The Teamwork was amazing...I enjoyed helping the guest making sure their stay was comfortable. It is a fast paced employer that can sometimes become slightly stressful especially if you become faced with a guest who is unhappy
Pros
free lunches&overtime always available
One of the best hotels in Cluj Napoca
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cluj Napoca25 August 2017
Everyday we have the priviledge to interact with people from other countryes, we have the responsability to solve their problems and their questions, and our management is one of the best in town. We are developing day by day and this thing is shown by the big number of people who came at our hotel in the last time.
Pros
Free lunches, 50% discount at the SPA and other food when we're not at work
Cons
long hours of work
Nice hotel !!!
Guest Service Agent & Lobby Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL24 August 2017
Nice hotel , good management but too far my home!! I need to work more close area !! Very busy airlines hotel and learning a lot new knowledge about hospitality
Professional enhancement
Guest Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur21 August 2017
Always a busy day to begin with, but most importantly it help a person to gain confidence and enhancing learning and self development ahead with brand new staff project that able communication between staff and employer directly. Unfortunately the most hardest part ever is that the hotel is too busy that sometimes for a multitasking person need to be unitask as we need to control the pressure that going around. Indeed working in hospitality line is the fastest ways to a person to learn a lot within a short period of time. And the most interesting part is keeping the guest enjoys their stays in the hotel and received abundant of service compliment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less staff
Very professional and upbeat
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC1 August 2017
The business was very upscale and productive. Management opportunities are available and willing to hire from within. I learned a lot from the FOH team. It can be very fast paced at times but mostly a laid back shift. My experience with the staff and guest were excellent.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN 4660131 July 2017
You get a lot of hours, but it isn't worth the stress. Between the coworkers and the guest, the people are disrespectful. The guest are entitled and front desk has kiss their tails it's way too stressful for how much they pay.

51.5K