DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 4,109 reviews
very promising company
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA13 July 2017
A well known hotel all over the world. It caters and serves different kinds of people. has a lots of amenities. Very nice to work with.Hotel is clean. Very cozy and relaxing to stay with.
Pros
got to meet different kinds of people
Cons
needs to understand different languages
Good Environment If they could keep management
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA12 July 2017
When I left I think it had the potential to grow into something great but management was always changing. With that rules and expectations were changing too. It became too confusing and hectic so when another opportunity presented itself I jumped at it.
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
No Benefits
Loved working there
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 8003125 June 2017
Great place to work. Nick the AGM is the best boss I have ever had. Angie the GM is also good. Only problem is some of my coworkers didn't seem to know how to do basic tasks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Coworkers were slow
fun but stressfull work environment.
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MA14 June 2017
this place will do its best to keep you around if you do a good job. Many people that work here have been here sense it opened 20 years ago. Best hotel in the area so its always busy. pay could be a little higher considering we are the highest rated hotel around. Hilton travel benefits are the best around!
Pros
free lunch or dinner, free trainings, easy professional advancement, work with really great people
Cons
work holidays and weekends, expected to be flexible with schedule, work 50+ hours a week, expensive and bad benefits packages
Great work life balance
NIGHT AUDITOR/GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 June 2017
Great work life balance. Management is great, they really care about their team.
Care rally's every month where they celebrate the employees in the hotel.
Beautiful Hotel with great discounts and perks
Guest Services Agent / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA23 May 2017
This is a place for individuals who love interacting with people of various places and cultures. Great Co Workers and opportunities at our location. The hotel industry is a very competitive environment however I have found even without hotel experience anyone can thrive here.
Pros
Discounts on Hilton propert Hotels
Cons
Very busy days or slow days
Competitive work environment.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 3721920 May 2017
The guest service manager showed preferential treatment to her friends that worked the front desk. They worked with her at her previous place of employment. She threaten to fire me and I terminated my employment.
Pros
paid meals
Cons
Unfair treatment
Great JOb
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH16 May 2017
This is a great job for someone who is maybe in school. Because they are so flexible when it comes to hours. It was a great experience because I did get a change to work with different people from all over.
Just A Job
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR9 May 2017
Horrible Structure, unprofessional and only worth the little pay check. When looking for a workplace, you expect the higher authority to actually be all for their people. If you want something done, you need to do it yourself to get it resolved.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
Lack of communication, managers are more like friends instead of bosses, poor work ethics
More like family not a job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC2 May 2017
When I first started working there, I felt more like I was with family instead of work. It was stressful at times, but we have a great team and management that help during the stressful days.
Pros
The employees from every department. The customers. The managment team
Cons
The pay was horrible
Overall Rating
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MN30 April 2017
It's typically a really fun environment. I love my coworkers and management is awesome here. You get to know the guests very well and it is super fun making this feel like home for them!
good Company
Guest services agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL15 April 2017
If you want to learn about hospitality this a great hotel for that they have a lot movement that they will help you to lean a lot about costumer service and hotel terminology.
Pros
break
Cons
short possibility to move on within the company
doubletree
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NC28 March 2017
i lovewd my job. we got a new gm an she jus up an fired me. I got unemployment. I worked there 3 yrs my prior gm was great. they were doing very well. but then everything went downhill
Adapting to circumstances quickly
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR22 March 2017
A typical day at work depended on which department I was in. Regardless of where I was at, customer interaction was most common. Obviously working in hospitality, some guests can get upset very quickly at minimal things. I learned how to relive the situation, make the guests stay more enjoyable and not everyone is the same. This was the same for both Guest services and Breakfast.
I mostly enjoyed my job when guests expressed extreme satisfaction in their stay and when we would be seeing them again.
Pros
Close knit coworkers
Cons
Pay and lack of opportunities
Interactive environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2017
Thoroughly enjoy providing a high level of customer service. Fun place to work, brilliant location easy commute to work place. Friendly colleagues and managers.
Pros
Lunch dinner provided
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI16 February 2017
I love working here. They are great with working with your schedule if you are in school or have other things going on. The managers are awesome!
Great co-workers, low wages
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN8 February 2017
Hospitality is a fun industry to be apart of. The great co-workers made the job enjoyable. The hourly wages were way to low for the amount of work each position had to deal with.
doubletree
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor/PBX (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA23 January 2017
This was the worst job ever the management staff had no respect for employees and I would never work for that management company again they give Hilton a bad name.
Hay poco valor al esfuerzo del personal
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Veracruz, Ver.9 January 2017
Es un hotel de conversion y aun protegen mucha de la cultura del anterior hotel familiar, ademas de que su presupuesto es bajo por lo que escatiman mucho para con los huespedes, el mobiliario y los empleados
Pros
Descuentos en otros hoteles
Cons
Ambiente laboral
Good but Needs Improvement
Guest Relation Officer (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khaimah5 January 2017
The hotel itself is very beautiful and has the potential to become travelers choice in Ras Al Khaimah. However, being a newly opened property the management is not as expected and Hilton standard. There are lots areas where it need to improvise.

51.5K