DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 181 reviews matching the search See all 3,937 reviews
Great JOb
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH16 May 2017
This is a great job for someone who is maybe in school. Because they are so flexible when it comes to hours. It was a great experience because I did get a change to work with different people from all over.
Just A Job
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR9 May 2017
Horrible Structure, unprofessional and only worth the little pay check. When looking for a workplace, you expect the higher authority to actually be all for their people. If you want something done, you need to do it yourself to get it resolved.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
Lack of communication, managers are more like friends instead of bosses, poor work ethics
More like family not a job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC2 May 2017
When I first started working there, I felt more like I was with family instead of work. It was stressful at times, but we have a great team and management that help during the stressful days.
Pros
The employees from every department. The customers. The managment team
Cons
The pay was horrible
Overall Rating
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MN30 April 2017
It's typically a really fun environment. I love my coworkers and management is awesome here. You get to know the guests very well and it is super fun making this feel like home for them!
good Company
Guest services agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL15 April 2017
If you want to learn about hospitality this a great hotel for that they have a lot movement that they will help you to lean a lot about costumer service and hotel terminology.
Pros
break
Cons
short possibility to move on within the company
doubletree
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NC28 March 2017
i lovewd my job. we got a new gm an she jus up an fired me. I got unemployment. I worked there 3 yrs my prior gm was great. they were doing very well. but then everything went downhill
Adapting to circumstances quickly
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR22 March 2017
A typical day at work depended on which department I was in. Regardless of where I was at, customer interaction was most common. Obviously working in hospitality, some guests can get upset very quickly at minimal things. I learned how to relive the situation, make the guests stay more enjoyable and not everyone is the same. This was the same for both Guest services and Breakfast.
I mostly enjoyed my job when guests expressed extreme satisfaction in their stay and when we would be seeing them again.
Pros
Close knit coworkers
Cons
Pay and lack of opportunities
Interactive environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2017
Thoroughly enjoy providing a high level of customer service. Fun place to work, brilliant location easy commute to work place. Friendly colleagues and managers.
Pros
Lunch dinner provided
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI16 February 2017
I love working here. They are great with working with your schedule if you are in school or have other things going on. The managers are awesome!
Great co-workers, low wages
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN8 February 2017
Hospitality is a fun industry to be apart of. The great co-workers made the job enjoyable. The hourly wages were way to low for the amount of work each position had to deal with.
doubletree
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor/PBX (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA23 January 2017
This was the worst job ever the management staff had no respect for employees and I would never work for that management company again they give Hilton a bad name.
Hay poco valor al esfuerzo del personal
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Veracruz, Ver.9 January 2017
Es un hotel de conversion y aun protegen mucha de la cultura del anterior hotel familiar, ademas de que su presupuesto es bajo por lo que escatiman mucho para con los huespedes, el mobiliario y los empleados
Pros
Descuentos en otros hoteles
Cons
Ambiente laboral
Good but Needs Improvement
Guest Relation Officer (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khaimah5 January 2017
The hotel itself is very beautiful and has the potential to become travelers choice in Ras Al Khaimah. However, being a newly opened property the management is not as expected and Hilton standard. There are lots areas where it need to improvise.
A DoubleTree Life
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC20 December 2016
I've fallen in love with working in the hospitality industry. I love the thrill and rush I get from meeting new people, to a crazy and hectic day with multiple guest check-ins. Working at the front desk really helps you improve your communication skills, problem solving, and understanding situations that other people may be facing. Every hotel I've worked for, I've found a friend for life in the co-workers I've had the pleasure of working with. This industry is definitely something that I want to be able to move up in and one day maybe own a hotel.
Everyday is Different
(171Rooms) - Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CA14 December 2016
Hospitality Industry always has its moments, I love interacting with people, meeting people from all over the world. I learn some new everyday.

I have been working in the customer service line for 20 years and number 1 thing I leant is NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL.

I have great organization skill and give 100% to whatever I do.
Benefits
great management team
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ21 November 2016
All managers and hourly employees work as a team on a daily basis. Communication is very emportant when dealing with the front desk operations and making sure all guests are happy and had a memorable experience.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
breaks
Excellent introduction to the hospitality industry
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CA15 November 2016
It is a great place to star anyone's career. The job will allow you to interact with many guests, vendors and many other coworkers/employees that will contribute to your professional and personal growth. Unfortunately like in many other jobs within the hospitality industry the expectations and responsibilities are really high in comparisons to the benefits/opportunists.
Pros
Free meals, discounted rate for employees
Cons
under staff, high employee turn around
Fun work place with employee team building events
GSA (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA13 November 2016
Working here has been great! There is usually no issue with scheduling because they work with you pretty well. However, training is not done to its best capacity.
Awful
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA16 August 2016
No one likes working here. In 1 yr there were 14 people who quit or was fire at the front desk alone. We were always understaffed and overworked. The management was simply unpleasant and could not handle a crisis.
Work place
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra27 May 2016
very nice envirement at ther imlots of learned ther staff also good and.help full.now im leaving there bcoz i want go in abroad i was happy and enjoyed the work lots of friends.and staff

51.4K