DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

I enjoy working at the DoubleTree, it just gets really slow in the winter and standing at the host stand with nothing to do is very tedious. My manager always keeps tabs on the servers and myself, so we never feel lost or anything of the sort. We're very good at working together and we get quality food to our guests in a timely manor.
It was a fun place to work as you get to meet a lot of new people from different cultures. Most of my managers were great and really helped fast track my knowledge of the hospitality industry.
Double Tree is a friendly stable work enviroment. It's fairly busy and an easy job! I do wish managment was a little more tight and more aware. I would recommend this hotel to people who are on business trips or just want a comfortable stay somewhere. My job here did get really busy when we were sold out, more people wanted to eat at our restaraunt and have drinks at our bar rather than going out! I did like our busy days because time flew by but sometimes I got stressed when everyone wasn't doing their job. It's not always easy when co-workers aren't all on the same page, I love team work! The job get's finished quicker and everyone should feel accomplished because everyone pitched in!!!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Good company to work for, everyone is nice and open to learning and teaching new people the ropes. The Cactus Rose Restaurant is the best there. That is where I worked and everyone was just so nice and it really felt like a family.
It was my very first time working in a hotel and in my life in general. And the Hilton didn'nt made it hard for me to learn as a first timer. They teach me everything that need to do as part of the company. You grow as a human everyday while working there cause you meet and interact with people everyday. Social intellectual is always improving and your personal knowledge as well. The reason why I\m still working in this company are the people I work with too, we're like family. My second home. Personally, you're not gonna feel you're working there because we treat each other nicely and in a proper way. I literally grew up with this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No school benefits
I really liked the customers. Fun environment. Hardest part of the job was not having the supplies we needed to complete certain functions Job was fun up until last couple of weeks. After that management became unsupportive. Verbal abuse was common, and management didn't want to correct the problem Made a lot of friends concerning co workers..
Pros
Fun place to work, great co workers, hotel stay benefits
Cons
verbal abuse was common, management unsupportive
a typical day at work can vary it can be super slow or you can have the busiest day. Sometimes it can be so busy that we will get no breaks.The hardest part of the job would probably be getting the coworkers do their part of their jobs. Management really needs to improve.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
sometimes we get no breaks
They are a great company to work for with excellent benefits. the only con for working as a conference host- there is often little notice given.
benefits
Cons
not much notice for shifts
Good learning environment for entry level personnel to gain experience in the Hotel industry. Caring Human Resources Staff.
Pros
Employee room discount rates.
Cons
Lacking in full-time positions.
A typical day at work varied depending on the event that was happening at the time, if there was an event I was required to serve food, if there wasn't an event certain areas would have to be set up for and up coming event. There was never a lack of work so i was busy at all times. The staff were friendly and the management team were very professional. I was able to develop my people skills working front of house i was interacting with customers on a regular basis, leaning how to properly set up a table for a dinner to how to serve food properly. The hardest part of the job was probably the late finishes, as well as that the most enjoyable part was being able to meet different people.
Pros
Free food
Cons
management is not the great they hire people with no experience what so ever but the cowokers were nice or most of them are it was nice working there learned alot !!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
It's a good company to work for they productive, all the employees are happy with everything the hard part of the job is the unsteady schedule the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that our managers are open to listen to us if we have a problem.
Serving dishes to guests at tables. Understand menu content and keeping up to date with any menu changes. Clearing cutlery and dishes away from tables. Ensuring all hotel corridors are kept clear from rubbish, glassware and crockery. Full product knowledge of all menu items and hotel facilities and services. Check on guests asking if they are enjoying their meals and service. Ensuring the food service area is left clean and tidy once all the guests have left. Relaying, preparing and setting tables for the next guests. Looking after guests with special needs i.e. dietary requirements, allergies, mobility etc. Hardest part of the job is working on a 0 hour contract. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guests.
Get to work and count cash drawer. Learned a cash management computer operated system. Made reservations and special requisitions. Co-workers were always helpful and motivated. What i enjoyed most where the regular guests that made my day.
Pros
Free food, Good hours, Co-workers
Cons
no healthcare
It taught me how to multitask and keep the same great quality in my work as on a slow day.
A typical day and some responsibilities I had during my time as a hostess included monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. Often as the hostess I was responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties. It was a nice summer job.
The shifts are long but the team is great and management look after their teams well.
Pros
free food, meet interesting people
Cons
Hard work for little pay. Very secluded job work space. People are not of friend or helpful in the workplace.
Cons
short breaks, benefits were bad.
The Doubletree is a good hotel, offer good medical benefits to the employees. It was a good experience, the managers are very good people as well.
Pros
good management
Cons
low pay
Everyone worked together, the team work was on point! , However the manager in my dept (Banquets) was very manish always trying to get sweet on the female coworkes as myself. Very uncomfortable. I ended up quitting my job. I enjoyed hosting and serving my customers!
Pros
Free lunch and dinner, the cookies was delish!
Cons
Horrible management in food and beverage!
Greet and seat guests as a host. Bus tables. Clean restaurant after close.