DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Maintenance Engineer

Mediocre
Company does not promote from within terrible communication between supervisors and staff I've worked there for 8 years 80% of my time spent there feels like a waste of time
I think i was great having not done it preiously
All people should be treated as an equal no matter what level. More respect and communication. One week i was Hotel Employee of tge week and jobless the next.i am great with people.
Low pay for higher stress. They get what they pay for. Corporate line employer
No upward mobility. Extra effort is expected for little appreciation. Very disappointed with the corporate culture. The difficult and uninitiated employees are treated the same as the hard working extra effort employees. I think it helps validate the low pay.
Not good place to work
They didn’t increase salaries at all ... and they didn’t care about the employees ... just always asking for more working and more compliments hours from us
cool
Overall Indeed is a fantastic place to work, but like most workplaces your enjoyment will depend on your team & manager. Some managers are outstanding & best in class, others are poor. The former will make you love your job, the latter will make you leave it. I don't think this is specific to Indeed, but have seen a mix in quality of managers. My own manager is world class, so I love my day to day.
Hilo HI location was amazing but the hotel itself was old and anequated.
Extremely poor management with very little to direction which seemed to operate a department flying by the seat of their pants. Salary was NOT competitive what so ever.
Pros
Location - Hilo Bay HI
Cons
Low pay and unskilled managers.
Its a fun place to work and I can put my expertise in action
Co- workers are friendly and they make you feel happy. There’s a lot to learn in engineering department. It’s a good experience for me working at the Doubletree by Hilton at Newark NJ
Materials ,management ,
Poor management meaning gm mike was not understanding worried about getting courses done more than buying materials needed for pm or mainly engineering department we had to fight each other for parts and materials engineers would hide materials due to lack of everything overall the employees were super and welcoming but they told you the truth about the way the hotel was being ran by the housekeeping manager running engineering department when I started the chief was going right out the door
Pros
Hours
Cons
No tools and no materials
Good Job
I enjoy working in this company because in my opinion this conpany has an excellent work team.
I like it
Its a good company to work for. They work well with you. They help you. Its relatively easy. It is fun. It has a family environment. Just apply and give them a shot.
A lot of good people work at the DoubleTree but there's a lot of other people that work here as well
I would not recommend this place due to the fact of the rate of pay increase the work environment of times they continue to keep people that are not qualified or not able to do their job in their position knowing they are not qualified
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Rate of pay
Hahaha
Not a nice place to work. As the only "English Man" in the whole hotel I was subjected to going to a training session that was held in Portuguese as this was the most common language in the hotel. I had to wait till the end of the training to get the power point slides in English, a very awkward situation to be in. Extremely high staff turnover and senior management in the hotel is non existent. Never got rotas on time (often had to ring up on the monday to find out what shifts i was on for that week)
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Too Many to list
Proactiv and a healthy environment
DoubleTree is a great place to work for people treat each other like family the only thing that troubles me was when I was hired I was told I was going to get started off 1250 but only end up getting paid 11.18
Pros
Employees eat for $3 a day
Cons
We take 30 minute breaks
Unfair employees rate
For two years I was not given a raised yet only I was given when I complaint as new employee has the same rate with me, then they gave an increased which there is some condition.
Typical Job
It is a tough place to work. You need to have good customer service skills because you are constantly around guests. At my particulate hotel the management was often changed and didn't stay the same for a long time. The discounts are good and is an overall good place to work.
Over all a good place to work.
Over all a good place to work. Allot of the staff has been their for over fifteen years. Jobs in the different departments are consistent. Unions allowed in this hotel and the pay scale for such jobs are good. Their does not seem to be a large turn over of staff
Pros
Good place to work. Good salary for union employees
Cons
Shift alway change.
Day to day
Maintain reading and logs on Chiller, Boiler, Gas, Water and Electricity meter on a daily base. Help team with daily task such as rebuilding toilets. Replaces lights, ceiling tiles, door locks.
Good place to work for.
The people that you work with and for are great but there are no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Learning alot and working with great people
Cons
No room for advancements and not very many pay raises
great people
maintenance worker..management seemed isolated. wasnt aware of all the issue going on.
Pros
great people
Cons
managment
A very productive and save work environment
I have learned a lot since working there I have met new people and made good friends are very friendly
Pros
the free lunches are very good and people are very friendly
Cons
breaks are to sort
fast pace energitic
most enjoyable part of my job are the guest my co workers where fun to be around a little talkative but other than that great group of people
1.6K