DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Night Auditor114 reviews
Working with guest for there satisfaction, and the improvement of the company. Good working relationship with collegues.
Need qualified management. Managers need to be confident in the role & not cry in front of guest & staff They shouldnt share their personal issues or talk of other emplyoees personal issues. Very unprofessional.
Cons
Depressing place to work
It is good place to work learn and increase you knowledge at double by Hilton fiji there are plenty thing to learn n friendly staff but the management level some are good
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Everyday the job was extremely stressful due to the magnitude amount of check ins with very little staff.The job itself was extremely stressful, especially on the weekeneds
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Short stafff for a big hotel
Great place to work! Everyone there is extremely nice and the managers are fair and consistent. The only thing that I don't like about the job is that even if you're a full time employee your hours are at risk to being cut during slow season and there is not much you can do about getting more hours.
None Competitive pay, for what can be a moderately stressful job.
Very little support from management.

Rest of staff was amazing to work with.

No upward movement.
Pros
Fun place to work at because of coworkers if you do overnight anyone doesn't really take you into consideration you will never be able to get days off you request
Quiet and great place to work. People I worked with were friendly and truly cared about you. The customers that stayed were always friendly. I loved working here
I have loved working here. The people I've worked with are all so lovely and willing to help. As a night auditor, most nights were pretty quiet but others are more hectic with events and conferences going on. You receive an employee meal for working here and hotel discounts wherever you go.
I cant really speak to what the hardest part of the job was because everyone is different and handles situations differently. Sometimes the guests can be really stressful but it's all about your reaction I suppose.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Meal, Great People
Cons
Stressful guests but otherwise nothing.
Atmospher is awesome meeting different guest getting to learn them and what they like to making there stay great. Co-workers all work together from different departments to get things done communication between could be better but it's human error
Pros
Raises on time and with growth
Cons
Make it right policy eventhough guest are totally in the wrong.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
The management is amazing. There has not been a lot of room for growth. The managers who are in place are not leaving anytime soon. That is the reason I am currently looking for a new position.
The place and people are great. Its a team building experience. It gives you a lot of experience and makes you much more confident in what you can handle. They work around people. Ant create a great space
Pros
free lunch
Cons
huge building, old hotel
The management and staff had a great connection. It was pleasing to go to work every night. The staff cared about the guest and many returned on a weekly to monthly basis because they said it felt like home. A great place to work.
Pros
Praised for good work, free lunches, and safety was important
Cons
parking was not great...not enough for staff and guest
Empowered to make decisions that were best for the guests and team members. I appreciated the fact that managers trusted and believed that we were capable of exercising the proper judgment needed in making the best decisions possible.
Pros
Lunch provided daily
Cons
A lot you learn from this place. Majority of the staff are well rounded individuals. Like any company there is room for growth. But total atmosphere is pretty decent.
Pros
always work
Cons
no enough communication
The Double tree By Hilton is a very wonderful place to work you meet different people all the time. You have to have strong people skills and be able to handle problems very quickly. You have to be able to take the initiative to make it right with a customer. The goal is to have the guest have a pleasant and wonderful experience at the hotel so you must go above and beyond for them. The hardest part of the job is yes in the summertime being slammed with over 20 guest walking in at the same time to check in. The most enjoyable part is making the guest smile. The hotel is family oriented the managers treat the employees like family and have a lot of activities monthly to keep us all together and great as a team.
Pros
lots of hours available in the summer time, benefit package available, free meal during your shift, team work
Cons
hours cut backs after summer
A typical work day for me as a Night Auditor would consist of helping multiple guest check in their rooms or suites.Making sure to close out all accounts in the restaurant and hotel. I've learned working in the hotel business that the customer is always right. The hardest part is working alone when a crisis may take place, theirs no one to help you make the right decisions for the hotel,it all falls on you. But thank God I always use common sense. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting the guest and running the hotel by myself.
Pros
Free food and major hotel room discount
Cons
not enough hours
Nice location, friendly/professional staff. Management team is amazing. Not only do they treat the guests well but they also treat the employees well.
The hilton does not value their employees. I would never again work for that company and would not recommend others there either. I did almost all the accountants work for him, plus my normal duties as a night auditor. Underpaid and unappreciated.
Pros
The employees
Cons
The management
Management needs improvement everyone needs to be on one accord when it comes to following policies and procedures. need to screen candidates for proper job placement. don't hire anybody for the position.
Pros
I like getting discounts
Cons
didnt like disfunctional management
Not as fast paced as the strip hotels. Staff was very small and easy going. Recommend for those that want to start in the hotel industry. Nice place to work.
Pros
discounted room rates for friends and family.
Cons
no EDR (employee dinning room)
1.6K