DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Night Auditor114 reviews
Good place to work at
Working with guest for there satisfaction, and the improvement of the company. Good working relationship with collegues.
The experience is great, you meet all kinds of interesting people but Management is poor....................................................
This is a good job for college students.
Productive and Positive work environment..

You develop a sense of the inner culture of the entire Hotel business.

This job is secure and repetitive....
Pros
Night Audit Positions are very secure
Cons
Limited opportunities to advance in the company, because they depend on you to closeout the system nightly and you are hard to replace
Something new happens everyday so there is never a dull moment
This is a growing company with several upcoming opportunities for advancement. I love making our guests feel like they are at their home away from home. They offer a good benefit package for Managers. I feel as if the General Manager/Owner cares about his employees.
Pros
employee discount rates at Hilton Hotels, hospitality industry keeps you mentally sharp
Cons
Pay scale is not quite up to industry norms but they are working on it.
audit
ran the night shift alone
lots of paperwork and poor training

never see management

guests are wonderful

staff is all new

busy during ND season

good pay
It's fun
This is a fun place to work. We work hard and we play hard.You can tell if people here are just coming to work for a paycheck and those who come because they love the hospitality industry.
Night Audit
Fun job if you are in college. You are limited here, no growth. It was a great work environment though. You are on the computer, watching cameras, and drinking coffee.
Pros
Professional people
Cons
Night shift (if you dont like it)
Night Audit
This was a great work experience. I never had a position working in the hospitality industry. Being able to be a people's person was a great asset of mines. There would be people visting from out of state that would need information about the city. it always made me excited that i was able to help the guests. My biggest accomplishment was completing the training on how to do the night audit.
Busy hotel
Good place to work, if the GM will become less micro-managing. This GM would not allow you to make any changes and was not willing to listen to any suggestions for her staff.
Pros
Busy hotel
Cons
Micro-manager
Excellent Workplace Environment, However, Promises Not Kept
This place is excellent to work for, however, they make promises they do not keep about your advancement. They also pay terribly for the amount of time spent at work. I worked about 50-60 hours a week at $10/hr which is unacceptable.
Pros
Cheap Restaurant Meals, Fun atmosphere
Cons
Overworked, Terrible Pay
Good work place
I enjoy working with doubletree suites, I believe the management company has made many changes that have affected the staff. It feels as is there no management support from other departments.
co-workers are great, but no discipline is enforced. People do what they want, if you are part time also, no benefits, no holiday pay, no PTO no matter how many years you work here. Many management companies have similar standards.
Night Auditor
As night auditor, I have the opportunity to greet guests and complete the check in /checkout process. I am able to work independently and with other team members to process the nights receipts and run the daily reports.
Cultural Environment and great people
Night Auditor and Manager on Duty made nights very busy. Especially for when there were sports games being played in town and/or when there was an event going on in the hotel. Ensuring that the guest satisfaction remained high the staff and I would give exceptional customer service.

The management was good in the ways that if you are willing to learn then they are willing to get you trained those departments.

The hardest part of working overnight was keeping the homeless people out of the hotel and the drunk people at a normal inside volume. We have a pool table that they could play and sometimes after a Seahawks game people would play pool and get really loud, disturbing fellow guests in the lounge area.
Pros
co-workers, free breakfast, learning other departments, management
Cons
pay and day time parking fees.
ExGreat company with Union benefitsample: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
As the Night Auditor and responsibilities as an Over Night Manager things at the hotel were sometimes quiet. When there was any type of game in town (Seahawks, Sounders, & Mariners) or if there was a wedding in the hotel then things would get very interesting for my Security Officer and myself. I was in charge of making sure that guest satisfaction was satisfactory for the guests while maintaining the confidentiality of each of the hotel guests. Then at midnight when activity in the hotel lessened, that is when the night audit would start and the end of day transactions would be completed for the day.

The employees that I would have the pleasure of interacting with were professional, welcoming, and hard working. I could not have asked for a better group of people to have the pleasure of working with. If it hadn't been for the move back to Florida I would still be there today.

The hardest part of my job was ensuring that homeless people didn't try and sneak into the hotel to either try and steal hotel property or to try and hide in the back halls. Since there were more doors leading into the hotel than there were employees working overnight, the video surveillance helped the Security Officer and I work together to keep the hotel property and the guests safe.
Pros
Free breakfast, hours worked, experiences, night auditing, my colleagues
Cons
The Union caused a small divide between the hourly employees and management, pay was okay but it should of been a little bit better, official title was only a piece of what was actually done for my position.
Highly Guest Services Oriented
Emphasis is placed on the satisfaction of the guests, although they would score much higher if they placed just as much emphasis on employee satisfaction.
Pros
50 % off food
Cons
low wages
Productive and fun place
Great place
great people to work

lot of flexibility in schedule

productive workplace

fun times

easy to approach managers

great customer service
Ok to work for not much chance to advance
Not much chance to advance small hotel but good opportunity to gain knowledge of other areas in the hotel not specifically related to yours,
Pros
good benefits over all
Busy full-service hotel with hardworking staff
Busy full-service hotel with hardworking staff. Geared for Sun-Thu business traveler. Large hotel in good location. Facility poorly maintained and understaffed. Fantastic full breakfast. High turnover of management.
Great work place
The double tree by hilton dunblane hydro is a great workplace and the management staff are incredible and very understanding
Thayer Management and Outstanding company to work for
I had the most enjoyable and challenging time with the Doubletree, {PBIMP} during my tenure. My team, supervisor and General manager were the Best.
Quick pace checking in guests, {including, transient, corporate, Smerf and Airline Crews}.

The teams assigned to me were awesome.

Usually only Manager on Property during my shifts, {11pm-7am}.

Guest hardship issues.

Satisfying a guests needs, wants and desires!!!
Pros
Days were full of challanges and went quickly
Cons
279 room property, was an older work in progress
New cultures, new experiences
Dunblane Hydro was a great learning experience. When I started I told them what I would like to learn and achieve and I can say that they helped me reach my goals. I especially enjoyed the First Aid course which I now feel confident to use in my everyday life. My colleagues were supportive and there when I needed help. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the different cultures and learning. Everyday I learnt something new
Pros
Free lunches
1.6K