DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Night Auditor112 reviews
Good place to work at
Working with guest for there satisfaction, and the improvement of the company. Good working relationship with collegues.
Anything goes there
The management ignores the problems that the supervisors underneath him cause. They is fighting and nothing is done about it. The manager himself will tell one person one thing and someone else something different. There is a lot of talking behind backs. Will allow supervisors to drink on the job at the front desk. To close to HR making HR blind to whatever is going on. Will not listen even though they say they will. Moral is at a low and no one does anything about it. It is losing money and the owner is getting ready to sell, but won't say anything to anybody. Spends 6,000 dollars on a new printer/copier, yet won't spend the money to update the rooms that used to be smoking rooms. The stinch is still in them. Whenever a change occurs, nothing is ever told to the next shift. The transport vans are disgusting. They allow their employees to smoke weed on premise, and will pretend that they didn't know even though they admitted it. HR and the Rooms Manager are too close and don't care about the employees underneath them as long as they cover for each other than their jobs are safe. One of the worst players to ever work at. There Night Supervisor always has an attitude and acts like she is annoyed to do her job. Will bad mouth other employees behind their back and will drink wine on the job and at the front desk.
Pros
Can do whatever you want
Cons
Management and HR
Great staff good place to work
everything was great....I couldve used more resources while working the night audit shift in 2012 but hopefully things are better now
Fun positive work place
My typical night would consist of me punching in setting up my work space and starting my night by collecting reports needed to balance out for the night. I also spoke with other departments in regards to questionable sales transactions that needed review. I learned how to balance each departments sales and I also saw how the trends of certain times of year would affect the hotel business. Of course the summer being the highest peek time. My management and co-workers were very easy to get along with and very professional. We all worked as a team upholding the Hilton Brand Promise. The hardest part of my job was leaving when they decided to eliminate the night audit position due to a business decision. I enjoyed working with a great group of people and my kids enjoyed the family hotel discount stays.
Pros
Free Lunches, Christmas parties and overnight stays
Cons
There were no Cons
Productive work place, full of excitement
Doubletree has a great working environment. I learned a lot at the Doubletree, because I completed my internship course with them. Management is fair, understanding of workers needs. My co- workers we fun to be around. Made work a lot easier. The hardest part of the Job was being off work; its very entertaining on weekends. The most enjoyable moment I had was when guest write about me on Trip Advisory
Pros
Pay is good
Great fun
I began working as front desk agent,I had worked all shifts. Given the ability to work all issues from check-in, check out and closing the day. Then when I was prompted to do reservation this was for me. I enjoyed helping guest coordinating things for arrival. Just daily accounting task, management giving me opportunity to challenge my knowledge.
Pros
prefect work schedule
Cons
n/a
Loyal Brand and very supportive in providing growth in your career
A Typical day at work:

A typical day at work would start at 12:00 pm midnight as I did the night auditing, checking in guests that was a late arrival, being punctual in what I am suppose to get done for the night and attend to all matters of the guest. My day would end at 07:00 am or later if required to assist my fellow associates or until the Front office manager arrives.

What I learned:

Patience and more patience, to get things done before deadlines.

Co - Workers:

To work together as a team, help each other when needed. How to be supportive when we have a very busy day at work, also to work with different people with different cultures and experiences.

Hardest part of the job:

The hardest part of the job was when the hotel was over booked, and I had to move guest to another hotel, and only inform then when they arrive at our hotel, as most of them had no contact number, Or by the time I get to work they were on the way already. Also working longer hours when needed and assist where they need help in all departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

I enjoyed every minute of my experience, weather I had a bad day, things that happened that was out of my control, and I had to find a solution for it, also I enjoyed working with my fellow associates and managers.
Pros
Free Lunch or Dinner, Staff appreciation lunch every month
Proactive work place
Great place to work benifits were wonderful. All of the co workers helped each other when needed. Uper managment was very wonderful
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
working the over night
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
An interesting job but you could get stuck on a role forever
Its fun to meet diverse people and culture. To create an atmosphere of home away from home for guest. There are good days and bad days on the job but you can look back at the mix and laugh about it. The management are a bit distant at times but a few make effort to see how you are carrying along. All in all an okay place.
Pros
Interesting environment, team work.
Cons
Job security, compensation, career advancement.
Overall I love my co-workers.
Typical day at work I start at 11pm and immediately start balancing accounts and do local tracking. I have learned much about accounting and balancing folios. My managers are ok. My co-workers are more helpful then my managers. The hardest part of the job is when we're sold out and have to walk people. Not too many guest are happy about that when they're arriving late. The most enjoyable part of the job is the peacefullness when they hotel is quiet.
Pros
free breakfast and dinner
Cons
walking guest late at night
Productive, Fun, Great Space!
I loved working here! The staff and management were very welcoming. I loved being part of such a great team!
no longer in business
This company is no longer in business and hasn't been for several years.
Lowest paying car dealer around
Car sales is fast paced.Co-workers are un-loyal and management dosen't care so long as they get the sale
Pros
Sunday's off
Cons
Expensive insurance long work days and cutthroat environment.
Great place to work, but to much micromanagement
Great place to work, only problem is that there to many bosses to answer to. The owners are always at the hotel, throwing their weight around and the managers are alway on your case about something.
I am a true believer of just letting people work and develop, and not just suffocating them. Management need to trust the people that they hire to do a good job.
Front Desk/ Night Audit
Working as a Guest Service Associate and Night Auditor is a challenging job. How you deal well to all the guests and make them feel that they are special is really a hardwork. But loving this job makes it easier for me. I have learned a lot in this job and I can discuss it further in my CV.
Night Work
i was usually the only person awake in the hotel taking care of everything .
Loved the environment and my coworkers.Worked full time,management was great.The most enjoyable part was leaving customers happy and satisfied.
Hospitality made fun
I was able to work with a crew of fun and loving people. Providing customer service to the guests, while having fun.
Opportunity to learn multiple skills
Double Tree gave me the opportunity to play many roles as a Guest Services Manager. No other job is better for learning "operations management" than working for a hotel. You have to coordinate with Security, Housekeeping, Restaurants, Bangquets and even back of the house Kitchen deptartments. I also met several famous people as well as famous athletes; everyone needs a room. Trust me.

Pay was about $2 above minimum wage and if you are full-time, which a company of this calibur mostly hires for, you'll be eligible for medical and dental insurance.
Pros
Insurance w/ Full-Time
Cons
Hard to Advance
Job
To ensure all guest receive their needs, answer phones and ensure I provide the best service to all guest.
Night Audit
Have to work daily with hotel systems and manage paperwork for hotel accounting department.
1.6K