DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

It is a very good company i love working with them I learn a lots since I been working with them great company to work with the staff and mangerment team is very wonderful
This company was perfect in terms of work and management. And this company treat you as they own family. They help you to grow more and learned more. This company help me to be qho i am today. If you will work here you will go out with knoledge and best experience.
Pros
Free all.. Food ..accomodation. And wifi
Cons
8 hours maximum
i love this job co workers its what i miss the most but they were switching company and became a big mess Had a lot of good people out of work, I love what i did there and all the nice ladies i work with made me realize how much i love the hotel and leasing
was a good experience cause supervisor and managers really care about employes and encourage to work in teams and help each other to complete the job everyday
The good things are that we can leave right away after you finish cleaning the rooms. The bad things are that the elevators there break very often. Another bad thing is that there is no free lunches for employees.
Pros
Leaving right after you clean the room.
Cons
No free lunches for employee
My most enjoyable part of the job is the team and work ethics they are very good company the team there where very nice i consider them a as a family too i love double tree.
my opinion is the double tree is a good hotel and i recomended.i liked working a lot in that hotel only i had to change my state but i would have liked continue working
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Very hard work with minimal hours and pay. Management rush you all day long to finish your rooms. You have to get there a hour early before your shift is starting to stuck your buggie and they dont let you punch-in in the time clock. Angry manager all the time lots of yelling and mistreating. Very awful company.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything : pay, hours, no tips
Cleaning rooms was always a challenge cause you never know the nastiness of each individual, They did have a calm and peaceful atmosphere for their guest.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
BedBugs
The workload is too much, management is very unfair and doesn't care about their workers will being. Very stressful work environment it makes it hard to have a life outside of work.
A Typical day at work, would be to go and prepare yourself for your 8:00 shift with all of the proper equipment. Then you go and knock on every door to see if our guests left or the room is still occupied. Or you can go to the vacant room and pick up your tips. Turn on all the lights, and bring your cart to the first door you want to start cleaning up. I remake or fix beds.I clean the bathroom, dust furniture. Position furniture properly. I vacuum.
Pros
Tips, Salary, all together an easy Job to participate in.
Cons
The pace
This is a business hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit, surrounded by historical landmarks and new and upcoming businesses and restaurants. We can accommodate our guest with shuttle services in a 3 mile radius of downtown area, we have a great bar "Round Bar" that serves terrific food and premium drafts beer and spirits, and we are known for our "doubletree chocolate cookie"
Terrible Service...Everyone Is Rude I Don't Recommend That You Go There...Well The Overall Experience At The Hotel Is Ok But The Experience Of The Housekeeper/Room Attended Its Very Stressful Job If The Hotel Job Is Your First Job
Pros
Leave Early When Done
Cons
Your Supposed to clean rooms in under 10 mins
I would love to go back to work for the Doubletree to the peoples that I seen was very nice I love to make tips and the hours for very good I clean about 16 rooms a day I brought refreshments to the rooms I have my own sign floor we have 30 minutes to a room to be complete in my rooms was never filthy it was always beautiful
It was a good place to work. I got a lot of experience there. Always busy. Opportunity to grow within the workplace. Overtime available and you never stop meeting new people.
I have learned that it takes a team to build a hotel...not one or two people and also that you cant always believe other coworkers...everyone is a team... Great Job Doubletree!!!!!!!......
Pros
Everyone Eat Lunch
Cons
Everyone works together
The management took care of me and my colleagues like we were a family. They also would love to hire me back whenever possible. Overall, I had a wonderful workplace in Doubletree
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
Just don't go there, it's a slavery, you have to beg for a day off. Unless it's your first job and you need money to pay for life, other than that, even warehouse jobs are way better.
Pros
They pay what they say
Cons
they pay in 3 months your full salary. wt****f
I would love to have the opportunity to go back to work for a big hotel. I am a very skill person and I will give all my knowledge and my best. I consider my self as a high-energy Hotel Room Attendant focused on promoting customer satisfaction through exceptional service and maintaining outstanding hotel accommodations. Organized diligent and skilled in handling multiple cleaning at the same time.
Pros
It is a quiet place to work. Supervisors and managers are very good. Unfortunately, the benefits and the pay are not what I want for my future.
Cons
I am on call all the time for them. I am there when they need me, even if I have plans for my day off.
The job involved working 5 days per week. Allotted hours were 30 hours. The days off each week varied so it was rare to have a weekend off. The work was physically but not mentally demanding. The work force came from many countries and there was a strong bond between us. This resulted in good friendships being made. My line manager change regularly but in most cases they were fair and had the best interests of the work force in mind.
Pros
Friendships formed with people from different countries
Cons
Days off changed from week to week
Need to work very very very hard, everyday after work felt so tired.They wanna cut your hours as much as they can, not enough hours to be a full time job.