DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 4,015 reviews
workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Westminster5 March 2019
working here was a new experience for me and it was one that i will take with me into the world of work as you learn how to be quick and on your feet at all times
Cons
feet get tired
Very bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ2 March 2019
Crazy operations stay away if you can. You will have a headache if you decide to work here. The money is not worth it. Although they do have a great discount on rooms you will not be able to get a vacation because request were not honored
Pros
Discount to Hilton Locations. Can get rooms for like $49
Cons
Wasn't able to use the discounts. Check never right!
F&b
SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR4 February 2019
It was just bad all around. Morning shift and lunch shift had tip pools, while evenings to each there own. Management was excruciatingly bad. Employees of the hotel treated the servers as their own personal food delivery slave, because they didn't tip even a dollar after having to bring them food to the office or put it as a priority even if there was a rush at the rest. The point is, it was the worst, unless you work the night shift (no manager, "no supervisor", "no employees", nothing but you and the guest $$).
Pros
discount on food
Cons
everything else
Fun Place To Work
Restaurant Server and Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA21 November 2018
It's a fun upbeat place to work. Management is amazing and the rest of the staff is friendly and always willing ti help when needed. Such a great place for a beginner server to learn.
Pros
$2.00 lunch, fun, happy, energetic
Work experience
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield21 November 2018
Not a very professional environment but it was very fun working here.. I was only here for 2 weeks but the people I worked with were very nice and friendly.
DT Hilton
Hotel Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL25 October 2018
It was a really good job I just didn't make as much while working there. I was a Hotel Restaurant Server/Room Service I helped out and all the guest loved me.
Pros
I learned how to be a server there
Cons
Didnt make that many tips
It's great working here
Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH28 September 2018
I love my job at Double Tree it's really cool, It can be a hand full with serving tons of people and going back and forth with clearing tables, keeping water glasses full and tending to all of the other needs of our guests. But I love it still, there's so many nice employees and Amber is really great. I love her to pieces.
Pros
The pay is marvelous, fun environment, possibly good music, & food can be good sometimes.
Cons
Loooong hours, quite some time before you can break, sometimes get angry guests.
Great place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MI21 September 2018
I work in the restaurant and I love it. Everything is clean and organized. Servers and hosts are very friendly. The manager is outgoing and does everything he can to help. The cooks are well educated with the menu and cook everything very well. There is so much organization that it isn’t stressful. I enjoy going to work!
Pros
Free lunch when working, great team, great management
Cons
On feet all day so they hurt but that’s it
Best place to work!
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 September 2018
I didn't want to leave here but because of better work else where and my significant other I decided to move to Calgary instead but I would recommend this place for sure! Felt very appreciated as an employee here!
Pros
Co-workers, tips
Cons
Some snobby guests but the work place environment makes up for this!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Poland29 July 2018
The hotel is new, very clean and has beautiful design, but management so poor, zero organization and motivation, just to finish duty ...
Need a lot improvement
Pros
Hilton members
Cons
Luck of organisation
Server (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CO25 July 2018
In the food/beverage operations, they offer employees meals at a discounted rate and also fantastic discounts on hotels across the world. In the restaurant, people enjoy coming to work and working with each other. It is usually a relaxed environment with a decent pay for servers.
Hotel
Server (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA26 June 2018
A big hotel with a chance to meet people from all over the world. A lot of changes happened in my time and not necessarily for the better. The culture is ever changing and the management too.
Pros
Good discounts on travel when available
Cons
Changes
Competitive workplace striving for excellence
breakfast server (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA20 May 2018
The goals for the staff at the hotel is to give the guest a great experience at the hotel. Service must always be 5 stars. Give the guest the service you would expect for yourself. The managers have created a created a care committee to boost employee morale to help make the staff want to work hard and well for the guest experience.
Was a very Lovely Fine Dining Restaurant
Morning Room Service Waiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH20 May 2018
Was a very wonderful place to work! Pleasant co workers as well as customers ! I could not of had a better shift as I did room service / server am Columbus Ohio great experience!!!
Pros
Was able to serve tables as well as over see the deliveries to the rooms at lunch time !!
Cons
There were nothing that I remember tha was a con!
Very productive staff when it's busy, management is top notch, everyone gets along well
Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC16 May 2018
This has been a delightful work experience. Management is awesome and they are very accommodating and understanding. The staff is friendly and professional.
Pros
great employees and management
Cons
No discounts or anything on food
Poor Managment
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL26 April 2018
working in the service industry this can be very rewarding only issue is certain propperties are Managed and some are corporate working for hilton manged propperty is poorly run
Pros
great $$ with a great attitude
Cons
No breaks and poor managment
awful place to work
Banqueting Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 April 2018
never ever work here as a banquet waitress, you are expected to do 16 jobs at once with your only 2 arms and then expected to drop what your doing if youre serving to run around for the manager
Pros
Cons
all of it
Server (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA27 March 2018
The staff at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim cultivated a positive environment. Therefore, a typical was filled with laughter. However, what I've learned about management is increasing trust and team spirit within the Food and Beverage department isn't exactly a priority. This easily creates a negative workplace culture in my opinion. It also doesn't allow employees to grow within the company , given that negative culture can force great employees to leave. This is perhaps the hardest part of the job, knowing that your not gaining knowledge or moving toward a higher goal which is getting a degree or making a change in the world. Nonetheless, working at the Doubletree was enjoyable thanks to the the staff and customers. Everyone has a vision in a life, and truthfully it's inspiring and motivating to keep moving forward. I could only thank for the company for giving me the opportunity to work and pay off tuition.
Pros
The relationships you make/create.
Cons
The commute from Montebello to Anaheim.
amazing people
SERVER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 March 2018
fun place,fun people, learned great customer skills. Learned many things from the guest, as they came from many walks of like . Great restaurant, hospitality amazing
Pros
many
Cons
informative and productive workplace.
waiter (Former Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah1 March 2018
even though the hotel is busy at all times, the staff are very helpful and cheerful. i learned a lot from my experience in this hotel about hospitality and service.

51.5K