DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

This company is decent. The coworkers are very friendly and will pretty much be the only aspect of the job that'll keep you going. There is a strong sense of fear of management that in a funny way brings co-workers together.
Not a very professional environment but it was very fun working here.. I was only here for 2 weeks but the people I worked with were very nice and friendly.
It was a really good job I just didn't make as much while working there. I was a Hotel Restaurant Server/Room Service I helped out and all the guest loved me.
Pros
I learned how to be a server there
Cons
Didnt make that many tips
I love my job at Double Tree it's really cool, It can be a hand full with serving tons of people and going back and forth with clearing tables, keeping water glasses full and tending to all of the other needs of our guests. But I love it still, there's so many nice employees and Amber is really great. I love her to pieces.
Pros
The pay is marvelous, fun environment, possibly good music, & food can be good sometimes.
Cons
Loooong hours, quite some time before you can break, sometimes get angry guests.
I work in the restaurant and I love it. Everything is clean and organized. Servers and hosts are very friendly. The manager is outgoing and does everything he can to help. The cooks are well educated with the menu and cook everything very well. There is so much organization that it isn’t stressful. I enjoy going to work!
Pros
Free lunch when working, great team, great management
Cons
On feet all day so they hurt but that’s it
I didn't want to leave here but because of better work else where and my significant other I decided to move to Calgary instead but I would recommend this place for sure! Felt very appreciated as an employee here!
Pros
Co-workers, tips
Cons
Some snobby guests but the work place environment makes up for this!
The hotel is new, very clean and has beautiful design, but management so poor, zero organization and motivation, just to finish duty ... Need a lot improvement
Pros
Hilton members
Cons
Luck of organisation
In the food/beverage operations, they offer employees meals at a discounted rate and also fantastic discounts on hotels across the world. In the restaurant, people enjoy coming to work and working with each other. It is usually a relaxed environment with a decent pay for servers.
A big hotel with a chance to meet people from all over the world. A lot of changes happened in my time and not necessarily for the better. The culture is ever changing and the management too.
Pros
Good discounts on travel when available
Cons
Changes
The goals for the staff at the hotel is to give the guest a great experience at the hotel. Service must always be 5 stars. Give the guest the service you would expect for yourself. The managers have created a created a care committee to boost employee morale to help make the staff want to work hard and well for the guest experience.
Was a very wonderful place to work! Pleasant co workers as well as customers ! I could not of had a better shift as I did room service / server am Columbus Ohio great experience!!!
Pros
Was able to serve tables as well as over see the deliveries to the rooms at lunch time !!
Cons
There were nothing that I remember tha was a con!
This has been a delightful work experience. Management is awesome and they are very accommodating and understanding. The staff is friendly and professional.
Pros
great employees and management
Cons
No discounts or anything on food
working in the service industry this can be very rewarding only issue is certain propperties are Managed and some are corporate working for hilton manged propperty is poorly run
Pros
great $$ with a great attitude
Cons
No breaks and poor managment
never ever work here as a banquet waitress, you are expected to do 16 jobs at once with your only 2 arms and then expected to drop what your doing if youre serving to run around for the manager
Pros
Cons
all of it
The staff at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim cultivated a positive environment. Therefore, a typical was filled with laughter. However, what I've learned about management is increasing trust and team spirit within the Food and Beverage department isn't exactly a priority. This easily creates a negative workplace culture in my opinion. It also doesn't allow employees to grow within the company , given that negative culture can force great employees to leave. This is perhaps the hardest part of the job, knowing that your not gaining knowledge or moving toward a higher goal which is getting a degree or making a change in the world. Nonetheless, working at the Doubletree was enjoyable thanks to the the staff and customers. Everyone has a vision in a life, and truthfully it's inspiring and motivating to keep moving forward. I could only thank for the company for giving me the opportunity to work and pay off tuition.
Pros
The relationships you make/create.
Cons
The commute from Montebello to Anaheim.
fun place,fun people, learned great customer skills. Learned many things from the guest, as they came from many walks of like . Great restaurant, hospitality amazing
Pros
many
Cons
even though the hotel is busy at all times, the staff are very helpful and cheerful. i learned a lot from my experience in this hotel about hospitality and service.
You will get tired because it work more than 8 hours sometimes it will be 10 hours , but many benefits you will get such salary you can claim every Tuesday and Thursday , they give you a payslip everyday...and you can claim your salary every Tuesday and Thursday easy to money.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
A typical day at work would be delivering the best costumer service to each occupant of the hotel. I learned many of the business aspects of the hotel business. The culture of the workplace is a bit old fashioned at this particular hotel. The hardest part of the job was actually a silly one - baking cookies. The most enjoyable part of this job was the hotel benefits and discounts.
Pros
hotel benefits free breakfast
Cons
some irritable customers
This is a good place to work because it can give you many opportunities to work more. they have different opportunities in the hotel, you can work in the restaurant or for the banquets
Pros
$2.00 employee menu
Overall, I didn't mind working there. However, there was a persisting issue of feeding employees bad food that needed to be highlighted for management to ensure the safety of their co-workers.
Pros
An understanding team
Cons
Food issures that should raise a concern when it comes to professionalism.