DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 4,015 reviews
Fun working in teamwork
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru28 February 2018
You will get tired because it work more than 8 hours sometimes it will be 10 hours , but many benefits you will get such salary you can claim every Tuesday and Thursday , they give you a payslip everyday...and you can claim your salary every Tuesday and Thursday easy to money.
Pros
Free dinner
Productive Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GA26 February 2018
A typical day at work would be delivering the best costumer service to each occupant of the hotel. I learned many of the business aspects of the hotel business. The culture of the workplace is a bit old fashioned at this particular hotel. The hardest part of the job was actually a silly one - baking cookies. The most enjoyable part of this job was the hotel benefits and discounts.
Pros
hotel benefits free breakfast
Cons
some irritable customers
Great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Moon, PA23 February 2018
This is a good place to work because it can give you many opportunities to work more. they have different opportunities in the hotel, you can work in the restaurant or for the banquets
Pros
$2.00 employee menu
Fun, but some kitchen issues that should raise concerns.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA11 February 2018
Overall, I didn't mind working there. However, there was a persisting issue of feeding employees bad food that needed to be highlighted for management to ensure the safety of their co-workers.
Pros
An understanding team
Cons
Food issures that should raise a concern when it comes to professionalism.
Fun place to work if you are a hard dedicated employee.
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO 6301729 January 2018
Quick paced enjoyable team members. Great place to meet new customers from all over the world. Generous employee discount. Free employee meals with each shift.
Pros
shift meals discount on hotel rooms
Cons
short breaks
Good company to work with
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cambridge29 January 2018
Good management, they take care of their employee, there is a plenty of possibility to growth in this company and they encourage you in that.
There are a lots of benefits for the good workers.
It's a nice place for a vacarion
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Alsip, IL7 January 2018
I didn't really like the job. The management was unorganized. I really learned how to set up a banquet hall with dishes and how to properly clean the kitchen when dinner was over.
Productive place to start a career
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJ27 December 2017
Working at the Double Tree Hotel surrounds the guests and workers with an ethnic diverse group of people. Its fun to experience other cultures, backgrounds and religions.
Food & Beverage
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MA26 December 2017
Good local hotel to work for, small and family feel. Everyone helps each other and everyone helps other departments when needed. Management cares about the workers that make this hotel better for their guests.
Okay place
Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA23 December 2017
I was a server. I loved my coworker they were awesome. Not much room for advancement so do not expect to move up if you work as a server there. Good tips during the high season very bad during the low season.
Great place to work. Needs better management
Server (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA28 November 2017
I currently work at Doubletree as a server in the restaurant and it has its ups and downs but the people are nice. Management needs to be worked on. At times business is slow but when its not the money is good
Stressful
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Dundee12 November 2017
Job in hotel can be extremely stressful. So will require certain personal characteristics like fast on your feet, ability to multitask and stress resistant personality.
I learned to be good in multitasking and able to perform well in fast paced environment.
Pros
Fast paced job and never boring.
Cons
Stressful and hard.
Fast pace, very clean, relaxing work place
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR10 August 2017
My typical days at work were pretty easy and relaxing, i learned various positions around the hotel by helping out when my job duties were carried out and completed. the hardest part of the job were our understaffed days. I enjoyed communicating and talking to my guests most of all. It was interesting to meet people from all around the world.
Pros
free lunches, morning drinks
Cons
power outages
fun workplace
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MA 019234 August 2017
A place where everyone worked as a team to make sure we exceed the guests needs and expectations. You'll meet and get to know all of our guest, its an unbelievable experience
Pros
great lunches
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GA3 August 2017
I worked 3-11 as a server and my duties were to make every guest that walked into the restaurant feel welcomed and relaxed. I was responsible for making sure all orders went in and came out at a decent amount of time and made the guest feel like they can come back again.
I met people from all cultures and it is great learning about them and their background, I learned many skills such as working under pressure
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Leeds17 July 2017
I enjoy my job even though it can be busy but I have been taught to work under intense pressure so I am very much used to it now, I think it is a great company and would recommend going there as a guest or even getting a job there, you will be well looked after in both of those options.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very early starts
A fun place to work with a happy staff and promotion opportunities!
Server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN29 June 2017
At Doubletree, I would come in at 4:30 am and set up the dining room for the customer's breakfast. I would make coffee, tea and put out pastries, breakfast items, waffle maker, etc. I would get the chef to make waffle batter and have everything out by 5 am when the first potential customer showed up. We had a full breakfast bar, but you could also order from the menu, so we had to be prepared to take orders as well.
As a shift-lead, I would also monitor breaks for the other serving staff and monitor on-going side-works. At the end of the shift, I would take the other servers cash-outs, with my own and turn it in to the manager. We would balance out any problems and make notes of any food or items that we had to trash during the shift.
I really enjoyed working here because of the positive up-beat staff. Everyone was happy to be there and eager to help each other succeed.
I learned to be a professional customer service representative while I was at DoubleTree. Many people stay at hotels and their experience at those hotels will determine if they return or not. Also, some people have weird requests because they are away from their home and might have forgotten something or misplaced it. I learned to be patient, kind and attentive to those customers.
The hardest part of the job was just getting in a routine to get up and get ready for work at 3 am to get there on time. I wasn't ever late, but it did take me a few weeks to get myself on a good sleep schedule.
My favorite part of the job was the customers. Sometimes we would get to see famous people and that
  more... was really neat.  less
Pros
Free lunch, up-beat staff and great management
Cons
Super early shift! I got used to it and it became second nature to go to bed at 8pm, but it was difficult at first.
relaxed environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL25 May 2017
Food & Beverage manager was my only hesitation, he had no previous experience, but over all the staff and agency workers were great! Fun environment and great supervisors!
Pros
great view
Cons
no breaks, stretched between bar, resturaunt and room service
classy job place
Restaurant waiter (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, London, UK10 May 2017
Her is were i learnt how to be a waiter. i will always be gratefull to hilton for the professionist they made me.
the salary by the way is too low and the shifs can be very hard to manage.
Productive and Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Ampang20 April 2017
it was a good place and fun to work all the staff are very friendly,supportive and professional.The manager will always motivate the workers,the most enjoyable part of the job is we will always go for a drink and bonding every Sunday night when the restaurant is closed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours

51.5K