DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

This company is decent. The coworkers are very friendly and will pretty much be the only aspect of the job that'll keep you going. There is a strong sense of fear of management that in a funny way brings co-workers together.
Quick paced enjoyable team members. Great place to meet new customers from all over the world. Generous employee discount. Free employee meals with each shift.
Pros
shift meals discount on hotel rooms
Cons
short breaks
Good management, they take care of their employee, there is a plenty of possibility to growth in this company and they encourage you in that. There are a lots of benefits for the good workers.
I didn't really like the job. The management was unorganized. I really learned how to set up a banquet hall with dishes and how to properly clean the kitchen when dinner was over.
Working at the Double Tree Hotel surrounds the guests and workers with an ethnic diverse group of people. Its fun to experience other cultures, backgrounds and religions.
Good local hotel to work for, small and family feel. Everyone helps each other and everyone helps other departments when needed. Management cares about the workers that make this hotel better for their guests.
I was a server. I loved my coworker they were awesome. Not much room for advancement so do not expect to move up if you work as a server there. Good tips during the high season very bad during the low season.
I currently work at Doubletree as a server in the restaurant and it has its ups and downs but the people are nice. Management needs to be worked on. At times business is slow but when its not the money is good
Job in hotel can be extremely stressful. So will require certain personal characteristics like fast on your feet, ability to multitask and stress resistant personality. I learned to be good in multitasking and able to perform well in fast paced environment.
Pros
Fast paced job and never boring.
Cons
Stressful and hard.
My typical days at work were pretty easy and relaxing, i learned various positions around the hotel by helping out when my job duties were carried out and completed. the hardest part of the job were our understaffed days. I enjoyed communicating and talking to my guests most of all. It was interesting to meet people from all around the world.
Pros
free lunches, morning drinks
Cons
power outages
A place where everyone worked as a team to make sure we exceed the guests needs and expectations. You'll meet and get to know all of our guest, its an unbelievable experience
Pros
great lunches
Cons
I worked 3-11 as a server and my duties were to make every guest that walked into the restaurant feel welcomed and relaxed. I was responsible for making sure all orders went in and came out at a decent amount of time and made the guest feel like they can come back again.
I enjoy my job even though it can be busy but I have been taught to work under intense pressure so I am very much used to it now, I think it is a great company and would recommend going there as a guest or even getting a job there, you will be well looked after in both of those options.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very early starts
At Doubletree, I would come in at 4:30 am and set up the dining room for the customer's breakfast. I would make coffee, tea and put out pastries, breakfast items, waffle maker, etc. I would get the chef to make waffle batter and have everything out by 5 am when the first potential customer showed up. We had a full breakfast bar, but you could also order from the menu, so we had to be prepared to take orders as well. As a shift-lead, I would also monitor breaks for the other serving staff and monitor on-going side-works. At the end of the shift, I would take the other servers cash-outs, with my own and turn it in to the manager. We would balance out any problems and make notes of any food or items that we had to trash during the shift. I really enjoyed working here because of the positive up-beat staff. Everyone was happy to be there and eager to help each other succeed. I learned to be a professional customer service representative while I was at DoubleTree. Many people stay at hotels and their experience at those hotels will determine if they return or not. Also, some people have weird requests because they are away from their home and might have forgotten something or misplaced it. I learned to be patient, kind and attentive to those customers. The hardest part of the job was just getting in a routine to get up and get ready for work at 3 am to get there on time. I wasn't ever late, but it did take me a few weeks to get myself on a good sleep schedule. My favorite part of the job was the customers. Sometimes we would get to see famous people and that - more...
Pros
Free lunch, up-beat staff and great management
Cons
Super early shift! I got used to it and it became second nature to go to bed at 8pm, but it was difficult at first.
Food & Beverage manager was my only hesitation, he had no previous experience, but over all the staff and agency workers were great! Fun environment and great supervisors!
Pros
great view
Cons
no breaks, stretched between bar, resturaunt and room service
Her is were i learnt how to be a waiter. i will always be gratefull to hilton for the professionist they made me. the salary by the way is too low and the shifs can be very hard to manage.
it was a good place and fun to work all the staff are very friendly,supportive and professional.The manager will always motivate the workers,the most enjoyable part of the job is we will always go for a drink and bonding every Sunday night when the restaurant is closed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Best team ever! Good food, amazing cocktails. Friendly environment. Good location. Great learning experience. Best manager and supervisor I ever had.
Pros
Free meals for staff
Cons
Long hours standing
I only worked at the Double Tree for one summer. I did not get enough hours working banquets, proms, and weddings but I could have branched out in the other parts of the company. The money was really nice but the amount of work was a lot. Would recommend though.
I like the teamwork and serve customers with kindness. I think that every day there are new things to learn to enrich ourselves personally The bosses are people who help us solve the problems that arise during the service I think that the workplace is a place where you learn to integrate with various cultures because all people are the same and we have to respect I think that there is no hard part in the work if you do it with a lot of desire to learn and teach and enjoy the work I enjoy when I attend people and appreciate the good attention they have received
Atypical day would be coming to work to provide hospitality to our guests. Learning how to interact with different people everyday. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the guests happy with their service.
Pros
one free meal everyday.
Cons
standing on feet for hours