DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Found 115 reviews matching the search See all 3,934 reviews
Lot of work but pays well
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MA17 April 2017
I only worked at the Double Tree for one summer. I did not get enough hours working banquets, proms, and weddings but I could have branched out in the other parts of the company. The money was really nice but the amount of work was a lot. Would recommend though.
team work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2017
I like the teamwork and serve customers with kindness.
I think that every day there are new things to learn to enrich ourselves personally
The bosses are people who help us solve the problems that arise during the service
I think that the workplace is a place where you learn to integrate with various cultures because all people are the same and we have to respect
I think that there is no hard part in the work if you do it with a lot of desire to learn and teach and enjoy the work
I enjoy when I attend people and appreciate the good attention they have received
fun professional work envoronment
waitress/room service (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX30 March 2017
Atypical day would be coming to work to provide hospitality to our guests. Learning how to interact with different people everyday. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the guests happy with their service.
Pros
one free meal everyday.
Cons
standing on feet for hours
JButlers Bar n Grill
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC21 March 2017
This review is for the JButlers Restaurant that is Attached to the Doubletree Hotel.. Very fun place to work only because of meeting new people everyday! Management is very poor. When they get upset with you, you become their target for every bad situation.. When you have a problem you can't talk to anyone because it gets back to every other employee. Just to much gossip and drama for one place.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
No breaks
Productive fun at work , potential for growth and very good working environment
Senior Waiter and Night shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  31 Brickfield road Woodstock16 March 2017
It's a very good hotel situated in Woodstock mainly busy during the week days and quiet on weekend , management nd staff all are friendly and helpful. Being part of the management sometimes turns difficult you meet different guests with different complains from rooms to food and you have to figure out how to go an extra mile to make them feel at home again
Pros
Breakfast and lunch is free to employees, the company provides transport to staff
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Welcoming and helpful co-workers
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, Doncaster, UK13 February 2017
Waiting tables can sometimes be difficult and stressful it takes patience and a cool head. However, with helpful staff the load is spread and eased hugely.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Great Server Job
Server (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CA11 January 2017
Loved my coworkers and the hotel community was amazing!

We always took care of each other and had a great time! Did our best with service and smile!
Great people
Server (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA27 December 2016
The family atmosphere is true here, problem is that they do not do much to keep their people, turnover is high and the pay lacks. Tips are the only thing that keep you in the game
Good Managemet
Restaurant and lounge server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2016
Its good place to work and grow for your hospitality carrier..
If you wanna good job with benefits for you and family and balance lifestyle ...........
Nice work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA30 November 2016
No room for advancement otherwise its okay. Slow season will not be able enough to cover life expenses. Great in the busy season.
Pros
Free food everyday
Cons
slow season is difficult
Great job, very nice people!
Server (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL29 November 2016
Wonderful days at work, very great management, coworkers are awesome, nice, well respected and very sweet, hardest part of the job was standing all day otha then that the job was absolutely amazing
An unstructured work place.
Server/ Wait Staff/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI18 November 2016
I serve breakfast to the staying guests at the hotel. I have a lot of business men regulars that I enjoy taking care of weekly. I get to meet a lot of interesting people from around the world from many different cultures and languages.
Pros
Disounts on hotel stays
Cons
I start work at 5 am.
Typical day at work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJ 0711416 November 2016
My job consists of assisting guests everyday. The most challenging part is accommodating their needs when it is nearly impossible but that is why we are hospatality. To make sure you feel like you're home outside of home.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
poor management
Fun atmoshere
Waiter/ roomservice (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA6 November 2016
Working at the hotel was a great experience, I probably would still be there if the company did not close down the staff was like family, it was great
terrible place to work
server at the restaurant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL23 October 2016
This is the worst place I've ever worked. The management is terrible and there is so much favoritism. The general manager, who has been there for over 20 years, would insult you, call you names and never have an open door policy. Most of the supervisors and managers are just not good people and that includes all the way up the ladder.
Pros
good tips
Cons
everything else was terrible
Great Place For Growth
Server/Room (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN17 October 2016
Wonderful learning experience from the start of the job. Great training classes and hand on experiences. Excellent environment to be in with very friendly employess.
Very nice property
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NY15 September 2016
This hotel just got built 7 months ago and is doing pretty good. The rooms are always booked we are usually sold out at least 5 times a week. I work in the restaurant and unfortunately it isn't busy at all. the location of the hotel is a very good location. The double tree located in downtown Schenectady where there is always something to do which impacts our restaurant negatively. The management that Iv'e met so far seem nice as well.
Pros
good discount
Cons
Take 30 mins out check even if i don't take a break, always short staffed
we give standard sevice
waitress (Former Employee) –  aqaba, jordan7 July 2016
im working in main restaurant its a buffet. split shift all the time we experience double shift specially in a very busy day if we have 99 percent occupancy. i have good relationship with my colleague we do our best so the guest feel satisfied , comfortable and happy .. i have good relationship to my boss., manager and supervisor they take good care all of us...
Great but hard work place
Conference host and banquet waiter (Former Employee) –  Lodz - Poland1 March 2016
Many busy days. Need to be multitasking to ending day with positive results. Team are focuse for a customers goods and hospitality.
Cons
Long hours shifts
Effectiveness and In accordance with the customer and guest specification & Acceptable working practices. Responsible
waiter (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU30 January 2016