DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

This company is decent. The coworkers are very friendly and will pretty much be the only aspect of the job that'll keep you going. There is a strong sense of fear of management that in a funny way brings co-workers together.
This review is for the JButlers Restaurant that is Attached to the Doubletree Hotel.. Very fun place to work only because of meeting new people everyday! Management is very poor. When they get upset with you, you become their target for every bad situation.. When you have a problem you can't talk to anyone because it gets back to every other employee. Just to much gossip and drama for one place.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
No breaks
Waiting tables can sometimes be difficult and stressful it takes patience and a cool head. However, with helpful staff the load is spread and eased hugely.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Loved my coworkers and the hotel community was amazing! We always took care of each other and had a great time! Did our best with service and smile!
The family atmosphere is true here, problem is that they do not do much to keep their people, turnover is high and the pay lacks. Tips are the only thing that keep you in the game
Its good place to work and grow for your hospitality carrier.. If you wanna good job with benefits for you and family and balance lifestyle ...........
No room for advancement otherwise its okay. Slow season will not be able enough to cover life expenses. Great in the busy season.
Pros
Free food everyday
Cons
slow season is difficult
Wonderful days at work, very great management, coworkers are awesome, nice, well respected and very sweet, hardest part of the job was standing all day otha then that the job was absolutely amazing
I serve breakfast to the staying guests at the hotel. I have a lot of business men regulars that I enjoy taking care of weekly. I get to meet a lot of interesting people from around the world from many different cultures and languages.
Pros
Disounts on hotel stays
Cons
I start work at 5 am.
My job consists of assisting guests everyday. The most challenging part is accommodating their needs when it is nearly impossible but that is why we are hospatality. To make sure you feel like you're home outside of home.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
poor management
Working at the hotel was a great experience, I probably would still be there if the company did not close down the staff was like family, it was great
This is the worst place I've ever worked. The management is terrible and there is so much favoritism. The general manager, who has been there for over 20 years, would insult you, call you names and never have an open door policy. Most of the supervisors and managers are just not good people and that includes all the way up the ladder.
Pros
good tips
Cons
everything else was terrible
Wonderful learning experience from the start of the job. Great training classes and hand on experiences. Excellent environment to be in with very friendly employess.
This hotel just got built 7 months ago and is doing pretty good. The rooms are always booked we are usually sold out at least 5 times a week. I work in the restaurant and unfortunately it isn't busy at all. the location of the hotel is a very good location. The double tree located in downtown Schenectady where there is always something to do which impacts our restaurant negatively. The management that Iv'e met so far seem nice as well.
Pros
good discount
Cons
Take 30 mins out check even if i don't take a break, always short staffed
im working in main restaurant its a buffet. split shift all the time we experience double shift specially in a very busy day if we have 99 percent occupancy. i have good relationship with my colleague we do our best so the guest feel satisfied , comfortable and happy .. i have good relationship to my boss., manager and supervisor they take good care all of us...
Many busy days. Need to be multitasking to ending day with positive results. Team are focuse for a customers goods and hospitality.
Cons
Long hours shifts
Effectiveness and In accordance with the customer and guest specification & Acceptable working practices. Responsible
room for advancement,started out as a waiter,moved up to bellhop and then valet, i enjoyed working in the hotel industry,would like the opportunity to again.
Pros
discounted hotel stays, travel/transfer oppurtunities
Cons
not enough people to cover shifts
Great Team environment to work in and accomplish professional goals Highly ethical at all levels of the organization friendly, relaxed atmosphere, interesting co-workers
I started doing breakfast like waiter but sometimes I covered other collegues to do lobby bar in the hall of hotel, and lunch and dinner too. I learned a lot of things about hospitality and customer service properly. They trusted me to do training FB supervisor. I'm ready to change because I want to learn more things in another environment. I'm excited to still working in hospitality and learn everything about this world which I love.
Pros
Free meals, Good people
Cons
Time to start everyday 5 am
Had slow days and busy days. Hotel was located on the airport property, so clientele was based off of how busy the airport was. There would be nights with no customers, but there would also be nights where flights were cancelled and the hotel would fill up