DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Server

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 4,015 reviews
Great but hard work place
Conference host and banquet waiter (Former Employee) –  Lodz - Poland1 March 2016
Many busy days. Need to be multitasking to ending day with positive results. Team are focuse for a customers goods and hospitality.
Cons
Long hours shifts
Effectiveness and In accordance with the customer and guest specification & Acceptable working practices. Responsible
waiter (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU30 January 2016
Great hotel chain
Waiter-took guest's (Former Employee) –  Durango, CO22 December 2015
room for advancement,started out as a waiter,moved up to bellhop and then valet, i enjoyed working in the hotel industry,would like the opportunity to again.
Pros
discounted hotel stays, travel/transfer oppurtunities
Cons
not enough people to cover shifts
Great Place to work
Restaurant Server / Concierge / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 November 2015
Great Team environment to work in and accomplish professional goals Highly ethical at all levels of the organization friendly, relaxed atmosphere, interesting co-workers
Waiter full-time (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 November 2015
I started doing breakfast like waiter but sometimes I covered other collegues to do lobby bar in the hall of hotel, and lunch and dinner too. I learned a lot of things about hospitality and customer service properly. They trusted me to do training FB supervisor.
I'm ready to change because I want to learn more things in another environment. I'm excited to still working in hospitality and learn everything about this world which I love.
Pros
Free meals, Good people
Cons
Time to start everyday 5 am
Hotel restaurant work
Server (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KY21 October 2015
Had slow days and busy days. Hotel was located on the airport property, so clientele was based off of how busy the airport was. There would be nights with no customers, but there would also be nights where flights were cancelled and the hotel would fill up
No set system changing schecdules
Banquet Server and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 October 2015
Originally happy to work here. Later on the management changed twice in 1 year.
Grateful for the different skills and positions I learned. Met various people from all over the world.
Pros
Different nationalities
Cons
Broken scheduling
Awful
WAITING STAFF (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG27 September 2015
when applying for Doubletree and taking the job offer i was told my contract would be 10 hours a week and I would not have to engage in any further hours unless I wanted to. After a week of working for the company I was told I had to take further hours as they were short of staff and this became a regular occurrence. They knew upon hiring me I was a full time student and a day before my exam had me working until 1am. I fell asleep the next day in the exam due to lack of sleep and also did not pass my exam because the entire week before my exam they said I had to work. They said I would not pass the probationary period if I did not do these hours. It was a very stressful place and the management team were really unsupportive. Whilst i worked there around 4/5 food and beverage assistants quit all in the same month as I did for the exact same reasons. The only good part about working here were what they called the "little people" who were the kitchen and waiting staff, we all got on really well and it felt like a little family.
Nice hotel, great service, friendly atmosphere
Banquet waitress (Former Employee) –  Somerset, New Jersey19 August 2015
Good place to work as a waitress. Serving duties as dinners and events.Set up for events, carry trays, serve guests and clean up at the event"s conclusion. Able to stand and walk for an extended period of time while accommodating guests effectively and politely.As a waitress I learned to give excellent customer service.I always got along with my ex co-workers, collaborate them, and teach them what I learned. The hardest part was lifting heavy trays with 10 plates of food; but the most enjoyable part was working with wonderful people and meet wonderful customers.
Pros
Unforgettable experience.
Cons
They need more organization and coordination with waitresses and waiters for major events.
I have enjoyed working for the Double Tree for the past five years .
Server (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO28 July 2015
Double Tree has ben a big part of my life. I have enjoyed being a part of the Double Tree team. I would refer my friends and family to work there
Fun place Great people
Server (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CA10 July 2015
Got to work at looked if everything was ready for the work day. In this job I learned that with your hard work you can win your wa up fpr a higher position. Hard work does pay off. I had a really good relationship with my co workers we worked really good as a team and did our job how it was suppose to be done.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY22 June 2015
great staff and environment. Management does a great job motivating staff and keep a positive work morale. There is a small staff that is close but also impacts the amount of hours worked per week based upon occupancy
productive and fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU17 June 2015
 Innovative
 Highly flexible and diligent in work
 Pro-active and reliable
 Strong leadership skills and service skills
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Beautiful Location and Building, and potentially great business atmosphere
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MO28 May 2015
Poor Management. Beautiful Location and Building, and potentially great business atmosphere. Days were very inconsistent and were not the most enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Talking about our old resturant
Server (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK20 March 2015
One day we heard about our restaurant getting remodel.. We were happy about and we talk to our guest about it. They were happy about the new restaurant but little did we know it was great news.. So we knew about getting a new restaurant. It was all over the media but after we knew that was going to be like a restaurant with everything we start laughing. But after being there for 2 years business have been slow and have dead down a lot.
Pros
new resturant
Cons
cutting a lot of labor, not making enough
A fun and productive place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, Wash.21 February 2015
I worked in the Double Tree Ballroom for two nights. It was festive and I think the guests all had a good time. Even the help was fed, and the food was very good.
Pros
Classy free dinner
Productive and interesting job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, ENG1 February 2015
Greeting customers as they arrive and showing them to their table
Giving out menus and taking orders for food and drink
Serving food and drinks
Dealing with bill payments
Making sure tables are clean and tidy
Delivering exceptional room service
Delivering exceptional V.I.P service
Working in particular for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner service
Pros
free lunches, Great personal
average score for them
Waitress (Former Employee) –  aqaba jordan15 November 2014
people not professional
unfair management
long hours of duty
Pros
free accommodation
Cons
long hours not good schedule
Dynamic work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oradea, Romania17 October 2014
The Food & Beverage Department is a challenging enviornment who might not suit everyone, but for me it was a great gateway to advancement.
very productive work in terms of knowing a lot about service
Food and Bevarages - Waitress (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khaima13 September 2014
Very fun to work and a lot of learnings you will learn. To handle your work properly, to make the guest happy and to enhance the ability you have. The hardest part of this job is when you have many rooms to clean with a very high standard.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
Low Salary

51.5K