DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Great hotel to make a great career . lots of opportunity to make your way in the hotel industry . plus it belongs to the Hilton family. Good management .
Pros
Good on training
Cons
Everyone is high on their horses.Settle down your one out of a billion hotels on earth ! You guys make life unpleasant for no reason. Over worked under paid. Management thinks their GODS GIFT to man lol what a joke!!! News flash your all nothing special hahahaha.
Owners and hr worst ever Hilton is an excellent company.but the ownership company no good.no support .there way or the highway.HR worst ever .gossip ,unfairness no clue what an HR manager is about.
Cons
Worst place to work poor management skills management's was run poorly alot of staff let there position get to there head owner was very cheap didn't wanna get things done right
Pros
Close to transit
Cons
Worst location
The job is enjoyable with excellent HSKP manager and positive thinking co-workers towards to one direction in the service of the hotel's guests, I have been observed the overwhelming trust and confidence vested to every worker.
Working here was an absolute nightmare. TERRIBLE management, NO breaks, and barely any training. They’re too cheap to put more than one person at the front desk, so good luck trying to eat or go to the bathroom throughout your 8 hour shift. Even with 50+ arrivals you work alone with no one to help you; even when the line starts coming out of the door. I very rarely got a break, even when calling the manager and requesting the break i’m supposed to get, he would say he’s coming to cover me and would never show up. Had to pay for parking which was $50 a month (part time) or $100 (full time) just so i can drive to work and there’s no other choice considering my co-worker got his car smashed when he parked it on the street. Steer clear of this place. The pay is nice but it is not worth it. The downtown location has so many homeless people. I was scared to be near the door when I had night shifts. Even when requesting to just do morning shifts I was always put on nights. Was so bad that even the maintenance workers/Housekeepers started complaining to the manager about letting a girl work alone at night in such a terrible area. TERRIBLE. horrid. never ever again.
I have 19 years of relevant experience in the field of baking and cooking. Having already held similar positions in the areas of Bakery-Pastry and Cook, I have acquired the skills necessary for this position i have in double tree by Hilton . I am available to work immediately and consider myself to be a dynamic individual. I am dedicated professional, committed to providing high quality, friendly and timely service with clientele.
Its good place to work and grow for your hospitality carrier.. If you wanna good job with benefits for you and family and balance lifestyle ...........
At this work placement, i learned how to work as a team & to be more understanding. I had the opportunity to experience hands on learning in the work field with Double Tree.
Pros
Good hours, Long lunch break, Good pay
Cons
Working weekends, early mornings, late nights
I love helping my guests in making their stay comfortable at the DoubleTree By Hilton West Edmonton. When I see my guest enjoying their stay at the hotel, it encourages me to perform even better in my role as a guest services.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
It was my first job at front desk. I started there as beginner and was provided with all necessary tools to grow. I am quick learner so with in short span of time I was on top and taking lead shifts. I enjoy working there.