DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Dundee

Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 4,195 reviews
Fantastic very friendly personnel.
Public area cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City10 November 2019
Very friendly atmosphere at the Hotel in Dundee. I didn't feel stressed, on the contrary, I felt fulfilled at work at the Tree by Hilton Hotel. I recommend work there with a pure heart. minus is only that it is far from the center and in my case I commuted by bus. I would recommend ...
Fun Place to Work
Gym & Pool Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee14 August 2018
Typical day involves cleaning and maintaining changing rooms, workout machine and pool plant room. furthered my knowledge of customer service. The hardest part would be the hours 6am starts one shift and 12am finishes the next shift
Productive and Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City21 January 2018
good enviornment
friendly staff
Always something going on to keep you motivated
long working hours as expected in hospitality but when you enjoy the job the hours dont really matter
Pros
free lunches, good staff parties
Stressful
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Dundee12 November 2017
Job in hotel can be extremely stressful. So will require certain personal characteristics like fast on your feet, ability to multitask and stress resistant personality.
I learned to be good in multitasking and able to perform well in fast paced environment.
Pros
Fast paced job and never boring.
Cons
Stressful and hard.
great team and benefits
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT21 September 2015
The whole team is great fun to work with and the benefits which you receive from the management reflect the hard work expected. Learn so much from everyone there.
Poorly managed with large staff turnover
Anything they want on any given day (Current Employee) –  Dundee, SCT25 March 2014
I have worked for this company for almost 6 months and have never seen such a poorly organized workplace in my entire 15 years of working. The management employ a very aggressive approach to their staff and are very dismissive of staff concerns. Previous complaints regarding the management has almost entirely resulted in dismissal of the person raising these points or their hours are simply cut. Avoid at all costs, they are poor payers and no matter what job you are employed within they will expect you to work in a range of departments at the drop of a hat. I rarely have a day off work when i don't get texts or calls requesting i come in - it is relentless and the moral is at an all time low. Very, very poor indeed.
Pros
Free lunches offered - rarely happens
Cons
Poor management and no respect for staff on the ground floor.