DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Glasgow

I was offered full time work so i left my other job to work here, they ended giving me 2 shifts a week max and i was left with little money each month. The managers would say things like 'no using your phone' but would stand on their phone for hours a shift.
I was tasked with running the concierge dept, and I was the only one in the whole dept. So I had to establish the dept and get it up and running, essentially be a team of one. I have been mentioned in plenty of hotel comments on my helpfulness.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Lack of storage space
AVOID this place at all costs. Was told at my interview the rota was given out on a monthly basis, but most of the time it would be given out on the Friday/ Saturday for the week starting on the Monday. I struggled with childcare due to this. Days that you weren’t scheduled in, you would get a message at 8/9am asking if you could cover and start at 10 and would go in a mood with you if you couldn’t cover. Would also get ask tdo treatments you aren’t qualified or trained on. No
Wouldn’t recommend working here , I lasted over a year & it was hard, most people leave within a few months. The staff are great , the bosses not so much.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Zero hours contract
Was flustered all day dident know where i was going no help felt very withdrawn like i dident want to be there. hard work but not very good at guideing you or building your confidence could walk around freel to do as a please not uniform no name tags.
Can be a fun place to work sometimes but most of the time, i am not treated in the best of ways. I appreciate the job and would like to stay and recommend but i dont think i can be what i want to be working at this hotel.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Long hours (expected) Not the best of pay.
faced paced environment , flexible to work around college/another job etc, Long hours, colleagues are friendly and easy to get along with. Pay could be better.
Pros
flexible