DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Hilton

The alarming staff turnover is probably the first warning sign I should've noticed, but I thought I'd stick things out. Was able to progress with this company and received a promotion within my first year, which was wonderful. However I received absolutely no formal training for this role whatsoever, I merely shadowed someone for a day and then was left to it, which baffled me as this was a management position. Was able to get cheap hotels around the world which was nice as these hotels are generally nice and well run from a guest's perspective. However the staff are overworked and underpaid and the level of training and investment into staff is poor, which results in high turnover throughout the business - which makes progression easier I suppose.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
Poor salary
I recommend to work here. It´s a great place. I have learned a lot here. Management is very helpful and polite. Coworkers also. They teach what you don´t know and always willing to help
The hotel is a nice place to work, with friendly supervisors and staff. The hours could be long sometimes and the pay was low. The work was pretty basic but could get stressful if it got busy.
Pros
Nice and friendly staff
Cons
Low pay
I have worked there as a waiter and it's good experience I have enjoyed it and had fun meeting new people. It made me more active and sharp.its also makes you chat
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
I have never been so abused in a working place as I was in Double Tree by Hilton Dartford Bridge. Due to the unnecessary pressure taken due to the lack of staffs I resigned. I mistakenly gave a 2 weeks notice (I was supposed to give 30 days notice). They accepted my notice period and didn't say a thing to me. I just found out about my mistake when my payment came. They simply deducted if from my payment without saying a word to me. If they had said about my mistake I would have fixed, but the intention was to use my services and keep my money.
Cons
I've begin as a shift leader and i grow until beeing an F&B manager,i have learned all the brand standard with the support of the GM.3 years in Doubletree by Hilton made me the manager i am today!
It offers a great training opportunity, i would recommend it to someone who is looking to start their career in reservations. Salary isn't great but it offers a lot of opportunities
A typical day at work would consist of an employee following a to do list all the while dealing with check in/outs and customers. I learned several skills including how to deal with irate guests. The management were great, very professional, very helpful and easy to talk to. The workplace culture was fun yet remained professional at the same time. The hardest part of the job was unreasonable guests and customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was how each day and guest was different and the staff.
It was quite a challenging experience, as I came across staff from different horizons which made my stay in there spicy and colorful, I did enjoy working there
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Uncertainty
Mi alzo la mattina, faccio colazione con calma, raggiungo la sede di lavoro in bicicletta. Ho il pomeriggio da dedicare al tempo libero.
Pros
pranzo fornito
Cons
molto faticoso
Bad at paying, never got the right amount or never paid on time, apart from that it was a good company, they look after you gave you leeway if you was late or had to take the day off for emergencys
- Organised - Fun work environment - Good learning experience - Friendly collegues - Hardest part was to set up the breakfast buffet - Learned a lot of bread making skills
The hotel has very nice location and provides transportation with accommodation and food in the hotel as well. The place is new and was glad to participate in the opening of the hotel and it gave me a lot of positive experience. The hotel has a lot of adventures to work there and provides good conditions for working.
Pros
free breakfast lunch and dinner, compound, transportation
Cons
breaks and free hot drinks and water
The typical day at Hilton's food and beverage placement is to serve customers and make them leave satisfied. I have learned how to welcome customers and how to set the tables in the restaurant for the guest. The management was great everything was organised and under control. The manager knew his job role very well.I enjoyed the placement in the mornings because I was given a chance to meet different people and communicate with them.It was a pleasure to serve people who succeed in life.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Starts early in the morning
Pros: Hospitality is a varied job choice, perfect for people who do not like being tied down to an office etc. Working here has taught me many skills, too many no name. I have gained qualifications and there is a clear path for management. I would compare the staff and management here to family, everyones caring and friendly. Cons: Mainly shift work-as you would expect in this industry. Buildings a little tired. Can get extremely busy. Pay is a bit low, again industry to blame Overall, thoroughly enjoy my job, love the interaction with guests and staff alike.
Priority is making arrangement incoming goods in the refrigerator, freezer and store nonperishable products. cleaning in the kitchen (floor, walls, grill, oil change) and washing dishes. Helping chef.
Throughout my time at Doubletree by Hilton, my skills set has improved so much. The Hotel is growing everyday and is a busy environment to work in.
All focused in people and career environment. A great place to work if you want to reach GM one day. You will be by your own as soon as you start and your succeed only will depend on you and your capacity to organise, motivate and reach business levels. On the other hand, shifts are longer than usual and balance life-work could be a little tough.
Pros
Career development
Cons
Balance life-work
Learnt costumer service, complaint handling and CRM skills. People are overall nice and easy going, though the low salaries attract first time employees in the UK or low ambitious individuals. Hardest part would probably be the morning week rush hour with guest queuing up to check out in a rush to get to their jobs. Most enjoyable would be to receive very positive feedback from guests that really enjoyed the service.
Pros
free meals
Cons
low salaries
the team and management is nice, the job is sometimes stressful as there is not enough of staff on a day, overall it was good experience working there as you can get to meet nice people on a daily basis wether on a business stay or meeting. The organisational structure however does not allow many people to progress in more management or senior position.
Pros
team, working flexibility, well recognised brand
Cons
salary, working hours, career progression
i love working at the Doubletree my colleagues make my experience a whole much better they are so easy going and fun to work with also professional at the same time. the shift is so much better when the atmosphere is great. the best part of my job has to be working with the team. and meeting new customers day in day out.
Pros
free lunches, discounted hotels
Cons
sleep