DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Lincoln

Last year i started my new position as a housekeeping department supervisor. At the start it was hard, but later on i learned everything what i had to do.
I worked at the double tree in lincoln for 9 months. Interview process was slightly lengthy but gave me an insight into the company, the managers that interviewed me were friendly and engaging. When I started the company was going through a financial difficulty and were making cuts to staff dramatically, there were time’s when just managers would run everything. And times were we had the luxury of having team members we were frowned upon by senior management if they stayed on shift for long periods of time, some of the staff were great but a lot of them were millennials an often you asked them to do something most of the time they would think of many excuses . The company also kept making up random management jobs which was arranged considering I wasn’t aloud a waiter and had to run dinner services on my own as well as being responsible for room services and sometimes duty management responsibilities too.
Worst company I've ever worked for! Management have no sense of boundaries and lack professional conduct. Shifts are managed poorly, changed at the last minute and working back2backs so you can't plan your life and if anyone calls in sick, you're probably going to be there all day. I'll not forget to add that you'll get no break which is still deducted from your salary. A measly bowl of rice and vegetables!(no joke) if you manage to have staff lunch. They never make budget, always cut backs somewhere. They're always messing up everyone's wage to save on their spreadsheets and then make you wait til the next month for the rest. BEST ADVISE....STAY CLEAR
The business has got some real potential but management seem hold the company back far too much, even under the owners noses. There’s no appreciation given to chefs even tho some of us were working an additional 10-15 hours a week over contracted hours (free labour). Over Xmas some of us hit nearly 80 hours overtime within the 4 weeks and were “promised pay for any overtime” but barely received even 10 hours worth of pay. You work long hard days and nothing is ever good enough due to the standards of a chain restaurant. There is no freedom within the company. Management even giving the direct message “ you care too much about the food. It just needs to be on the plate to speck and out in the restaurant” and even advised us to “pre cook steaks before service “ and “microwave chicken breasts to hurry them up”. It’s relentless, your constantly battering with each department to see who’s doing it right and the kitchen 10/10 times is the ones in the wrong. Remembering 6-8 menus at any one time is also a requirement due to the rediculous amount of menus available at any one time.
Always customer focused The biggest asset to a business is the staff that run it Inexperienced staff not given enough guidance Hardest part of the job was inadequate equipment Working with some amazing people who in my opinion were not appreciated by the companies appointed management company.
Awful experience. Not what was sold at the interview. Some management and owners are bullies. Others just turn a blind eye. Shocking atmosphere and rude owners.
Management and organisation aren't great. Sometimes having to do 14-hour shifts and then coming back 5 hours later to start a breakfast shift. Very much get left to our own devices no matter how new we were to the hospitality industry. However, all the staff are friendly and have a good laugh with you. Often lots of leftover food to eat during our breaks.
Pros
Free lunch if theres enough left, friendly staff
Cons
extremely long shifts
Most people there are friendly which means it can be quite an enjoyable place to work, even on the busiest of shifts. However, minimum wage means the hours are always long in order to get an half decent pay cheque.
I started as a hostess in the electric bar which wasn't pleasant so moved to the events team where I was working behind the bar which was ok. I left due to not enough hours and returning home as this was a part time position whilst at universtity
It's great place to work in. Busy most days on reception. I've learned how to deal with guest complaints effectively and make guests happy. How to be the welcoming face of the company.
An amazing place where people worked hard and made beautiful food quickly ruined by the new appointed managers who dont care about anything and wont do anything to change.
Interviewed for 12-hour position whilst I was at uni and all of my shifts were a minimum of 20 hours per week. The bar space is minuscule and not enough training for newbies when they are expecting newbies to be perfect at it
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Poor Management, Small Bar Space and Excessive Hours
I really enjoyed my experience working at the Doubletree, my work friends have become friends for life and the working environment provided is amazing.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
There is no such thing as a "typical day" at the hotel as we constantly encounter different challenges. However, all staff (including management) are friendly and caring, and members from all departments work together to get the jobs done. Working for the company is very rewarding and provides lots of benefits. The hardest part of my job is facing unforeseen circumstances, but we work as a team to find the best solution, and if a guest is unhappy, we have all learnt to do whatever it takes to make it right.
An enjoyable place to work with many benefits, dealing with all different types of people from all over the world. This job can be at times stressful with alot of responsibilities, but is very rewarding at the same time.
Pros
free lunches, incentives
Cons
unsociable hours
I liked work as housekeeping because I learned more things about this job, I like have experience about all, I would like change of work for improve my english.
There really are some great people to work with here, but some things were just silly, for example the strictness of not coming in customer entrances, having your tie and shirt just right, about a million training exercises on the computer and having to ask to go in as a customer to the bar or restaurant does not make you feel like a valued employee!
Pros
free food! great people!
Cons
too strict and serious