DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in London

London64 reviews
Some days are quite and peacefull. Most of the clients is polite and can behave... Other days, you have to deal with adult spoiled brats, who think they are central of the universe - and cant tell that they aren´t !!!....
But my management was quite nice.
Good company to work with. Very good people working around you. Good management just need to put extra staff so can get work done faster than expected..
Good
Cons
N/a
DoubleTree by Hilton cuenta con una diversidad cultural grande. Personas de distintas partes del mundo se reúnen para trabajar de forma colaborativa, desarrollando sus tareas en el hotel. Eso también conlleva que en el día a día se creen pequeños conflictos dentro del grupo de trabajo.
Lo que más valoro de esta experiencia es haber aprendido a gestionar una recepción y ser encargada del hotel fuera de horas de oficina.
very stressful
time table was very unorganized

it was a lot of work for the paid I was given

bad working culture

without support available to ensure everyone who works here is happy
Pros
free lunch
Cons
My review for them is not good considering what people pay to stay at their hotels but then again that could be other people's attitudes because cleaning or house keeping is behind the scenes not at the forefront so people can do what they want or the saff can boss you around and sometimes there wasn't enough clean if clean if to do our work
I will never want to hear something about this company. They have no respect for the employees. They want to work as little money as possible. You become their slave. Very many hours of work and many taxes, equals zero. A s**t company. I wasted my time and nerves in this hotel.
Doubletree by Hilton - Hyde Park

Low pay at £8.80 per hour. A 20 year old plus building that needs reurbishing as everything is breaking down. Poor management who drive the employees into the ground with pressured schedules and unfair deadlines. Severe technical issues especially with WiFi and A/C units. Lifts always breaking because they are so old.

But worse is the constant turnover of staff because nobody wants to stay in such an uncomfortable environment.

Anyone with good, exceptional Hotel experience should avoid this place at ALL costs. Just check their Trip Advisor and you will see for yourself.

The most toxic hotel I have ever worked at.
there is no exact job description,staff is forced to do another works for free,the managers do not care about staff,discrimination and another issues,too much of lies and empty promises.
Pros
No free lunch for maids
Cons
Added works for free
A good environment to work, pleasant, i meet a lot of people from different parts of the world. I had different trainings from the company and I understand properly the meaning of the business in all aspects
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no weekends
Poor management, hours cut "by mistake", very smart into pay (for them) but no one knows how the payroll works so will always have questions about your payslip, not enough budget for anything never, no security, no uniform. Great if you like big challenges and want to advance in career, sometimes you get support.
Pros
Free food, great benefits and discounts
Cons
Payroll and gm
DoubleTree by Hilton makes you feel like in a very welcoming family for us as a staff and also for our guests.We do not have a typical day of work us each day is different and challenging.I believe that do not exist a hardest part of the job if you like what you do ,the trick is to be confident in yourself and mindset that you have time to sorted everything.It's an amazing experience to work with people from all over the world ,you learn traditions , cultures , cuisines and etiquette.The most enjoyable part of the job is how we build the connections between people .
Hilton is a nice hotel to spend a night in. I enjoyed my time there as I worked alongside great members of staff and would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain experience.
The management have to be more accurate with the weekly rota and general organizaition . Is hard to work in Hotel but sometimes is funny, you can learn a lot from guests.
Very poor communication between upper management and the rest of the team. Long hours required with minimum wage is the reason for being understaffed.
Trabajo sencillo de realizar en el que no te exigen mucha experiencia y se va captando allí poco a poco.
A typical day in Doubletree Westend was amazing. Starting being a great receptionist was great and making me feel excited and motivated every day.The key point was ensuring perfect check-ins, guest satisfaction always high and up to standards. I had a check list and ensured all tasks were done correctly. Since I was a receptionist I was already enjoying teaching and coaching colleagues to ensure best operations.
Pros
Meals on duty, multicultural environment
Cons
Long Hours
There were a lor of young people working there, from different countries, mainly from Spain and Italy. The staff was friendly and ready to help you whenever you had difficulties. The hardestpart of the job was to learn al the kind of dshes in the menu with different features, and always try to serve the custumores according their desires. The most enjoyable part is that everybody was young, so you had a lot to share everyday.
very nice team,the kitchen department,care department,all hotel management is perfect..i have to said big thank you to all team from Doubletree by hilton
Job insecurity due to zero contract. Generally, a nice place to work, reliance on agency staff make consistency with customer service difficult to achieve.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
job insecurity
The environment and the team is awesome
appraisals and appreciations will be on the top if we do the job spot less

And all the managers or HOD's are amazing willing to help us anytime and so advice able to improve our career.
Pros
appreciation programs
Cons
not applicable
The only perk about this job are some of the people you meet, your team mates and also the Hilton Benefits of discounted rates. However, most of it is not worth it, i.e: some horrible customers.
Pros
Hilton Benefit Discounted Rates
Cons
Salary, management, overworked