DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in London

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 4,020 reviews
The worst place that ive ever worked for !
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London6 October 2019
Doubletree by Hilton - Hyde Park

Low pay at £8.80 per hour. A 20 year old plus building that needs reurbishing as everything is breaking down. Poor management who drive the employees into the ground with pressured schedules and unfair deadlines. Severe technical issues especially with WiFi and A/C units. Lifts always breaking because they are so old.

But worse is the constant turnover of staff because nobody wants to stay in such an uncomfortable environment.
Anyone with good, exceptional Hotel experience should avoid this place at ALL costs. Just check their Trip Advisor and you will see for yourself.
The most toxic hotel I have ever worked at.
Productive , improuving skills
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London19 July 2019
A good environment to work, pleasant, i meet a lot of people from different parts of the world. I had different trainings from the company and I understand properly the meaning of the business in all aspects
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no weekends
Sure job, great to advance in career
F&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2019
Poor management, hours cut "by mistake", very smart into pay (for them) but no one knows how the payroll works so will always have questions about your payslip, not enough budget for anything never, no security, no uniform. Great if you like big challenges and want to advance in career, sometimes you get support.
Pros
Free food, great benefits and discounts
Cons
Payroll and gm
Environment very nice
SENIOR FRONT OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  London9 May 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton makes you feel like in a very welcoming family for us as a staff and also for our guests.We do not have a typical day of work us each day is different and challenging.I believe that do not exist a hardest part of the job if you like what you do ,the trick is to be confident in yourself and mindset that you have time to sorted everything.It's an amazing experience to work with people from all over the world ,you learn traditions , cultures , cuisines and etiquette.The most enjoyable part of the job is how we build the connections between people .
Fairly Okay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 March 2019
Hilton is a nice hotel to spend a night in. I enjoyed my time there as I worked alongside great members of staff and would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain experience.
Staff are very friendly
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2019
The management have to be more accurate with the weekly rota and general organizaition . Is hard to work in Hotel but sometimes is funny, you can learn a lot from guests.
Hard working team let down by upper management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  London28 February 2019
Very poor communication between upper management and the rest of the team. Long hours required with minimum wage is the reason for being understaffed.
Trabajo fácil e independiente
Camarera de pisos (Former Employee) –  Londres14 November 2018
Trabajo sencillo de realizar en el que no te exigen mucha experiencia y se va captando allí poco a poco.
Being the best
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
A typical day in Doubletree Westend was amazing. Starting being a great receptionist was great and making me feel excited and motivated every day.The key point was ensuring perfect check-ins, guest satisfaction always high and up to standards. I had a check list and ensured all tasks were done correctly. Since I was a receptionist I was already enjoying teaching and coaching colleagues to ensure best operations.
Pros
Meals on duty, multicultural environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun workplace
Food and beverage assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 September 2018
There were a lor of young people working there, from different countries, mainly from Spain and Italy. The staff was friendly and ready to help you whenever you had difficulties. The hardestpart of the job was to learn al the kind of dshes in the menu with different features, and always try to serve the custumores according their desires. The most enjoyable part is that everybody was young, so you had a lot to share everyday.
hotel management
kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  London31 August 2018
very nice team,the kitchen department,care department,all hotel management is perfect..i have to said big thank you to all team from Doubletree by hilton
Job insecurity due to zero contract
Food & Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  London14 June 2018
Job insecurity due to zero contract. Generally, a nice place to work, reliance on agency staff make consistency with customer service difficult to achieve.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
job insecurity
good team
F&B Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
The environment and the team is awesome
appraisals and appreciations will be on the top if we do the job spot less
And all the managers or HOD's are amazing willing to help us anytime and so advice able to improve our career.
Pros
appreciation programs
Cons
not applicable
Benefit:
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
The only perk about this job are some of the people you meet, your team mates and also the Hilton Benefits of discounted rates. However, most of it is not worth it, i.e: some horrible customers.
Pros
Hilton Benefit Discounted Rates
Cons
Salary, management, overworked
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2018
:The work given was easy to complete
:i learned how to mange documents for customers
:the hardest part of the job was managing the housekeeping departments
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Ambiente de trabajo ameno
Camarero de piso (Former Employee) –  Londres24 January 2018
En Double tree by Hilton conseguí mi primer trabajo cuando llegué a Inglaterra. Trabajé de camarera de piso en un hotel, cosa que era totalmente nueva para mí. Allí me sentí muy acogida por las compañeras.
El ambiente era bueno a pesar de que había mucha presión.
poor management
F&B ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2018
I was working for Carnaby restaurant. The staff members and the management was changing too often therefore the team wasn't well organized at all. The salary was very bad and poor tips
Hahaha
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  London12 January 2018
Not a nice place to work. As the only "English Man" in the whole hotel I was subjected to going to a training session that was held in Portuguese as this was the most common language in the hotel. I had to wait till the end of the training to get the power point slides in English, a very awkward situation to be in. Extremely high staff turnover and senior management in the hotel is non existent. Never got rotas on time (often had to ring up on the monday to find out what shifts i was on for that week)
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Too Many to list
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 December 2017
It's a productive and nice place which I did enjoy as well as getting tired due to no break. Moreover there isn't much empathy towards workers as I was told that I had to be quicker knowing that I was doing my best.
Bad Management
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Victoria15 November 2017
Working there is alright. Staff is not properly trained you learn as you go along which is not a great tactic . Management's dishonesty is demotivating and when staff is demotivated the service is poor which is not great.
Pros
Free lunches and good work colleagues
Cons
Long hours, poor staff training and weak Management

51.5K