DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

Very busy hotel/restaurant but with good management with possibilites of progress in the carreer. long hours, but with a very good enviroment with constant training.
Hotel com boas instalações e oferece bons benefícios de trabalho. Mas infelizmente peca pela falta de qualidade da gerência e do próprio staff.
brilliant place to work- definitely recommend - opportunity to meet and work with a lot of amazing people. sometimes you can also come across some famous faces (OBVIOUSLY BE PROFESSIONAL) enjoyable experience --definitely recommend
Thanks to this place I’ll never ever work in another hotel. The staff were rude, and uninviting. The manager well she was useless and even worse then the staff. I have NEVER left a job without a few weeks off working for a company, it was that bad it starting to really effect my mental health, I had to leave!
amazing environment, with time ive really become crucial in the team working closely with management,and in charge of others. working here is intense, can be difficult but is always fun and a challenge. everyday is different every day is a brand new hurdle but with such a strong team it seems easy.
Pros
cheaper hotel rooms
Cons
long sociable hours spent working
A good place to work at and great progression
Nice place to work long hours but good people to work. I learned how to work in a busy kitchen as part of a big team. A typical day we would serve 100+ people during a 4 hour service and also do 30+ at lunch.
it pushed me to the limit constant things to learn and do not bad hours brilliant kitchen team head chef was the best kitchen manger anyone would work for I learn so much as a commis chef
They are a great company to work for with excellent benefits. the only con for working as a conference host- there is often little notice given.
benefits
Cons
not much notice for shifts
A typical day at work varied depending on the event that was happening at the time, if there was an event I was required to serve food, if there wasn't an event certain areas would have to be set up for and up coming event. There was never a lack of work so i was busy at all times. The staff were friendly and the management team were very professional. I was able to develop my people skills working front of house i was interacting with customers on a regular basis, leaning how to properly set up a table for a dinner to how to serve food properly. The hardest part of the job was probably the late finishes, as well as that the most enjoyable part was being able to meet different people.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Serving dishes to guests at tables. Understand menu content and keeping up to date with any menu changes. Clearing cutlery and dishes away from tables. Ensuring all hotel corridors are kept clear from rubbish, glassware and crockery. Full product knowledge of all menu items and hotel facilities and services. Check on guests asking if they are enjoying their meals and service. Ensuring the food service area is left clean and tidy once all the guests have left. Relaying, preparing and setting tables for the next guests. Looking after guests with special needs i.e. dietary requirements, allergies, mobility etc. Hardest part of the job is working on a 0 hour contract. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guests.
The shifts are long but the team is great and management look after their teams well.
Pros
free food, meet interesting people