DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Westminster

Westminster8 reviews
At night the first few hours guests come to check in, check out. This is the most stressful part as it is the most time sensitive. Also by the night not having the right rooms or any rooms is sometimes a problem due to overbooking. This is difficult to explain to the guests.

You're expected to stand at the reception, which is where you spend most of your shift.

The main source of stress is that at night, training is minimal and rather than being performed by the management, it was performed by less experienced staff members, thus for a long time you can feel you don't know enough. Fortunately the night manager and other colleagues are always available when the new person doesn't know something.

In the middle of the night things become quieter. There are some administrative tasks, but normally there are a few hours when you are just on standby in case a guest comes. Browsing the web was allowed in that time.
I found this experience very useful, I was able to work on a lot of my skill and I was able to meet new people and adapt to their skills and learn from them in order to product products within a certain time
Cons
wasn't able to take a lunch break
working here was a new experience for me and it was one that i will take with me into the world of work as you learn how to be quick and on your feet at all times
Cons
feet get tired
This hotel is like a small family, the staff are funny work there, but the management are really disorganise, for example we don't have HR.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff
Cons
Management no committed, no HR, hard job, mouses and dirty place.
Is a good hotel,nice and clean.
everybody try to do the perfect job,the staff is ok,the managers are ok.

Is a big hotel,12 floord,almost 500 rooms
I worked primary in Conference and Events department. It was very interesting job with a lot of challenges. Every day was different due to client¨'s needs and different shifts. If I worked in the mornings, I took care of the people in the meeting rooms. I helped them to set their equipment in the morning and I was in touch all the time during the day. Bringing coffees for coffee brakes, lunches etc. Evening shifts were more about set ups of the rooms and preparing the department for next day's events. We had also the dinners in our meeting rooms for the groups of 5-130 people. It was a hotel with 6 meeting rooms, so during the days, where there were no meetings and events I worked in different departments. I worked a lot in the Bar, restaurant, room service, breakfast restaurant etc.I worked in the small team, so I had to manage a lot of stuff by myself. when the Boss was not in, I had also a lot responsibility. It was very various job and thanks to that I have experience in all possible departments in hotel. I think that my skills can be also applied in pubs and restaurants...
Pros
free canteen food, good benefits from Hilton, etc.
Cons
I didn't have any problems
fantastic environment, friendly colleagues and you also get to develop new skills also it is a privilege to work for a worldwide company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good workers here,salary always in time,free lunch.You can drink cofee, tea.Everything ok.Not to much rooms,but its hard job.