DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 3,937 reviews
New Manager
Front office Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta Perimeter17 November 2019
It used to be a nice uplifting place to work, where management and team members work well together, When the new front office manager took over it became disorganized. The new front office manager became Director of operations within a month effortless even he has not even displayed good leadership, good work ethic and most of the time are the one making mistakes and failed to take ownership. Poor management, likes to micromanage either do it his way or no way.
Good hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 October 2019
Lots of positive attitudes friendly environment working there was nice no rude staff everybody just their to do what their hired for meeting new people is nice
Loved the job
Disherwisher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 September 2019
I love the job my co-workers what the best we all got alone work together as a team environment and everything that it was a friendly environment me and my co-workers got alone we helped each other and when we seen a task we jump to it even if it wasn't our job description
Gladly
You GUESSED IT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta/Roswell12 July 2019
POOR MANAGEMENT with a lack of leadership skills and
Accountabilty. As it relates to the "FRONT OF THE HOUSE". UNPROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT. Hostile,
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA3 July 2019
This place is a wonderful place to work, Its atmosphere is very bright and comfortable the staff here are just a wonderful set of people figuretively speaking some agents are very inapproprite and may need some training moving forward management is great sometimes. Overall great place to work just stay away from the drama based management and some staff and you should be fine.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Building Maintence is terrible
I just loved it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 May 2019
I liked the job the customers were great didn't really have a problem with no one. Staff was great everybody helped everyone. The magement team was great.
Joined company because I liked the CEO's vision
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 May 2019
Company stuck to pro forma that was not realistic. I was able to makes changes to staff and culture and produce good results. The company was supportive in most cases but despite fantastic results the hotel did not make the pro forma and that was all that mattered.
Benefits
Cons
Support
Horrible experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA23 April 2019
The supervisor at the one located near the airport in Atlanta is HORRIBLE!!! They don’t have assigned carts or floors, which makes things COMPLICATED!!! The workers would argue about carts everyday. Girls would pop sheets and they knew it but they were so caught in “favorites” that they didn’t care. Another girl would be on the floors drinking liquor. She was even called out by the shuttle driver! This place is about knowing everyone’s business besides the hotel’s. I wouldn’t recommend this place to no one. The pay is horrible and the management SUCKS! They change management companies every year!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 April 2019
Working at The Doubletree can be at times fast paced and stressful but that is overridden by the family oriented closeness the employees have with each other, they work very well together to ensure the quality that the guest expects from our hotel.
Productive And Fun Place To Work
Executive Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA25 February 2019
Greeted visitors entering the office, determined the nature and purpose of visit and directed them to the appropriate destination.

Maintained relationships with customers and found new ones by identifying needs and offering appropriate services.

You Learn to Produced contracts, reports, letters, and proposals for clients.

Built partnerships with product management, support, and technology teams, as well as, sales, finance and operations departments to streamline processes.

Our company has been around for a 100th years and voted the best place to work.

The hardest part of the job is to complete tight deadlines and stay with in budget.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to ensured meetings and all related functions exceeded the clients’ expectations.
Easy job, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 January 2019
Management lacks structure, trust in their employees and pick favorites. Some employees get away with everything while some get constantly written up. Guests were wonderful and so was every hourly associate (with some exceptions). They need a whole new management team.
Pros
Free lunch
Great
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 August 2018
Every day brings something new and exciting. The pay is awesome. Great Opportunity to grow. Great leadership. The company Cares for the staff and the hotel is very very clean
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
New Managment
Great career
Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA5 August 2018
Great food, people, awesome management. Human resources good team players I loved the employees training and orientation it was easily handled and thought out and fun
Pros
Evrything
Cons
Summary of career experience with the DoubleTree
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA24 July 2018
Property is in a great location. Great team. Management a tad flip like. Great tips. Nice culture. Great benefits, especially on ALL Hilton properties.
Laid back
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 June 2018
DoubleTree is a decent hotel for the most part management and staff for okay need a little bit more help in the kitchen and in the restaurant sometimes they can be a little busy and get out of line sometimes
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Need moreHelp
Very difficult to work there when the hotel was sold
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 May 2018
Extremely fast paced
Learned to read the budget and provide explanations for any variation in my department - above or below
New management did not care about existing department heads
Was not there long enough with new owners to figure out the culture since what they were saying was not what was happening
Hardest part of the job was trying to work with a GM that was not interested in what you had to say.
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and exceeding goals not with standing the fact that I was not appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disconnect between upper and lower management
Overnight Responsiblity of the entire hotel
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 April 2018
I love Night Audit the most of all of my customer service experience. In this position you touch every aspect of the hotel industry and monitor and assist in the distribution of vital reports on a nightly basis.

You are really your own manager. When challenges arise you must creatively provide and execute the solution. There is no one else present to assist you.

Problem solving through excel spreadsheets really maximize the work load and assist in the balancing process every night.

I enjoy the quiet time the most vs multiple activity of the day processes in this work environment.
Pros
Flexibility in the day to transact business and limited traffic
Cons
When you are a good auditor, upper management rarely promote you to other positions...
Enjoyable and Fast-Paced
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 April 2018
The position is fast-paced and ever-changing! You can meet a lot of people with varying skill levels, and there are diverse events that come through the hotel.
Fun and very busy work environment.
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA24 January 2018
I would start at 5pm, go check the Lobby area, and bathrooms to see if they need to be replinish toilet tissue or paper towels. I would get the van keys and log in book, to start my night, check front desk for any hotel guest that need a ride to dinner or to an from office, or anywhere in a 5 miles radius. At the end of the night check all bathrooms in the lobby area ,empty all trash eat dinner, hand over the keys to front desk clock out then go home.
Pros
free dinner or lunch and discounts on hotel nights for vacation.
Cons
wished i could have more hours.
DoubleTree
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 3032629 December 2017
A fantasy company to work for. I wish I didn't have to go back to Chicago. I would have loved to have worked here for many years.
Great company to grow with.

51.4K