DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Augusta, GA

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 4,203 reviews
Katrina experiences from Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA6 December 2019
Working at doubletree was a great experience it taught me great hospitality and caring for other and great Leader ship I’m looking forward to continuing on from what I learned there in the near future.
Cool place to work.
Busboy/Server (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA29 January 2018
Working at the double tree hotel was a nice experience. While I was employed there my coworkers and I got along really well. The pay was minimum wage but the tips were great. Waiters and Waitresses were paid more than other restaurants. At the end of the night my manager/supervisor would help us throughout the night and also when we cleaned up at the end. Overall a good experience.
I expected more from them to be own by Hilton
Chef/Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA25 May 2017
It was a very busy job at time because they have all you can eat seafood buffet and at the same time people from the motel rooms can still order off the menu they will get one person and have him or her doing about five people job but the pay didn't reflect that they had no type of benefits whatsoever and they wanted you to get all these different certification but when you got them they would not give you no kind of pay raise or nothing it's was a die end job
Pros
All employees got a free lunch and discount on the room
Cons
No type of benefits
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA26 November 2016
I loved working at the double. All of the staff are friendly and are like family to one another. working at the double tree was truly a great pleasure.
Enoyed working here to get me through college
Hospitality and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA6 February 2016
It was a pleasure working for Doubletree, gained lasting friendships and were offered great opportunities. I am just relocating.
Pros
free lunches, great people, great discount
Cons
30 minute break, hourly wage low
Fun work place, great staff.
Server/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA13 December 2015
I made friends quickly at Andrew's Restaurant and fit right into the Double Tree family. My manager was a hoot and the work environment was pleasant, as well. There was a close knit bond with my coworkers, as well as with the front desk employees. This was also one of many jobs I've had that has definitely shown me "the customer is always right".
Pros
Unlimited access to our breakfast buffet
Cons
Early morning arrival (5 AM)
energetic
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA5 October 2015
The Double Tree by Hilton is a a place of hard working energetic people that keep the hotel running. There is learn the inside and outside of what it is to run a successful hotel while accommodating guest needs.
Great Place top work
Night shift Manager/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA18 April 2015
This is a great place to work. The managers are great and they really do keep their employees in mind. They are very understanding. I enjoy my job.
Pros
Free Lunch, Straight Schedule
Cons
There are none really
Front Desk Agent / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA27 October 2014
Great place to work. Management is great. The staff is excellent. The hardest thing about the job is the over night hours.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA1 October 2014
Competitive and hard work for servers.
Walking is the hardest part and keeping customers satisfied.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No breaks
n/a
Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta Ga14 April 2014
To be the preeminent global hospitality company - the first choice of guests, team members, and owners alike
Double Tree is job that most people would love
busser (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA18 September 2013
When I was working at Double Tree, I was a busser. Being a busser, I also did room service and serve customers their food as well. But it was not all work all the time. I enjoyed the free lunches while working there. Then there was celebrities that came there as well. I personally meet one while working. The work was not hard for me and I enjoyed the tips that came from great customer service.
Gained multiple skills with the Doubletree
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA20 February 2013
A typical day overall, was customer service. Maintaining a professional and pleasant attitude from the beginning of the day until the finish of the work day. Working in a well known hotel, gave me the opprotunity to meet people world wide, especially every Masters week. My co-workers and myself, we all had to pull together and work as a team on a daily basis. I feel we did quite a good job and that was one of the most enjoyable activities at the Doubletree.

I was with the hotel for several years. I had to make a choice, either finish my education or continue waiting tables. I choose to continue my education and I now will have my Associates in Business March 3 and I am furthering my education at Brenau University for Human Rresource.
Pros
learned to work under pressure
Cons
deffinately short breaks, if any at all.
Successful and productive work place
BAR SUPERVISOR / BARTENDER / TRAINING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA2 May 2012
a typical day is a work with a great management and a perfect team, but working long hours