DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

All people should be treated as an equal no matter what level. More respect and communication. One week i was Hotel Employee of tge week and jobless the next.i am great with people.
Be confident and be yourself always. Give all your effort and always smile to the guest or customer. Try to solve the problem as soon as possible and focus on what you do.
The work itself was great, i loved working housekeeping, however, employee conditions were awful. Lots of favoritism and disrespect from management, would not work under this brand again
The DoubleTree hotel is very fun to work, they have excellent customer service in Great chefs. At the DoubleTree Hotel you work hard and have fun. You also learn what you didn't already know from other people and get to know how other people work
The Double tree hotel was a really great experience for me and I love working there . I started off as an intern being the chefs assist helping out with food and cleaning up around the kitchen.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not long term
Managers are very helpful in which they guide me a lot through out the work. I have experienced dealing with people from different culture. Flexible work hours and friendly environment.
Pros
free employee food every first friday of the month
Working at the Doubletree was a great,rewarding experience. The employee and the employer are all fantastic people and make you feel like you are family.
Pros
The people
Cons
There are no cons!
I loved this job and the people I worked with made the job easier to want to go to everyday. The manager was always helpful and respectful. The customers was always happy
Pros
Every other Friday we had free lunch
Cons
Dirty rooms
Find another place to work! Thank me later! If i could i would give this company no stars. I personally promise that i am not a disgruntled former employee, i just care about my fellow human beings!
If you tell management where you want to end up - they will get you there. Everyone is very supportive and if you are willing to travel, you will move up quickly.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
I usually worked pm from 3-11pm. I liked a lot of the clientele that came in and most of the people we worked for or with. Most people are very team oriented but there is always room for improvement. Overall, my experience here was a positive one and I will miss many of my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, consistency of schedule
Cons
Lack of flexibility for full time employees with consideration to life events
Terrible Service...Everyone Is Rude I Don't Recommend That You Go There...Well The Overall Experience At The Hotel Is Ok But The Experience Of The Housekeeper/Room Attended Its Very Stressful Job If The Hotel Job Is Your First Job
Pros
Leave Early When Done
Cons
Your Supposed to clean rooms in under 10 mins
I really do not like it anymore management could be better I would just like an opportunity somewhere where I could grow it is a lot of inconsistency with HR and management
On a standard day it can be hectic. The FOM can be absent at times he is not very supportive of his front desk. If he does not have your back it can definitely be stressful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Lay back place to be working, the employees understand the role fo being a team players, managers are very helpful no matter what circumstances. the workplace culture is wonderful.
Pros
Breakroom for employees
Cons
No free lunch for employee
I learned to read setup and materials for events. Management was very nice and understanding. I do not think there was anything hard of the job because everyone was willing to help in any way possible, which made me enjoy going to work. I did not feel like I was going to work.
Pros
lunches on Fri.
a very good work environment, amazing coworkers! we offered a good customer service, the better your coworkers the better the rewards. management was amazing!
They Gave Alot If Rooms....But I Got Them All DONE...They Was Sometimes Helpful On Giving Directions On Doing Certain Things....The Managers Was Rude Sometimes...But Main Focus Is The Costumers
Enjoyed working there Learned a lot of new cooking skills. Worked a lot of banquet hours. The process to make more money was very slow. there was a time when 60 hours a week was available and then there was those times when only 25 hours was available
Pros
experience
Cons
not enough money
great place to work very challenging and rewarding the people here are very nice overall a great place to work totally awsome
Hard working people make great decisions they prepare thyself the advance in Excel put your mind to something that's not easy if you're not focused if your focus your outcome can be just as great as the thought process of having it