DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

All people should be treated as an equal no matter what level. More respect and communication. One week i was Hotel Employee of tge week and jobless the next.i am great with people.
It's a place that I would go back to really like it there. Really nice people there they are respectable to me and others. they know how to git they guest to come back.
Pros
free lunch yes! they will give there raises.
Cons
write up are real quick.
The hotel consists of 188 suites. The rooms are always immaculate and this is backed by the guest's great reviews. With such a small staff and the fact that they retain talent results in low turnover. There is little to know advancement since employees appreciate and stay with the property.
Pros
Small staff makes you feel like you belong.
Cons
Low turnover at the Front Office. No momentum to advance. Low pay rates compared to Downtown Hotels.
The CEO of this company is, for a lack of better terms, selfish. Other than this, my day consisted of putting out fires, signing off on payroll and making sure that the Hilton standards of the hotel were all being met.
helping guests get settled in for their stay at the hotel. Parking their cars, assisting with unloading packages, shuttle guests and flight crews to and from the airport.
Pros
discounts on Hilton properties
Cons
late night hours
I loved this job. It was in the smack dab middle of Downtown Austin and everyone there was so fun. Training was simple and I never didn't want to go to work.
Pros
Cool events and good benefits
Cons
Can't think of one
A typical day at work is making sure clients come home, shower, i cook them dinner, then they relax or do what they want to do, and then they take meds before bedtime and then they are monitored by me until the next shift shows up. I have learned that i have to have a lot of patience and understanding. I enjoy working with the consumers and doing activities with them.
Pros
a lot of down time
Cons
pay is to low
This was a office work type of job. I like office work. This was a good job in which to learn new things and refresh what I had known before.
its was hot a long day to much to think about it was hard work.there was alot of fun people there saw great rooms i got to make up beds and do differnt things i had fun.
Pros
free cake
Cons
long hot hours
great place but you will not get promoted or a fair raise. This is a good job to get back on your feet with.
Hard work for little pay. Very secluded job work space. People are not of friend or helpful in the workplace.
Cons
short breaks, benefits were bad.
Learned how to clean rooms thoroughly and quickly Learned the correct chemicals for cleaning and what needs to be cleaned in order to make a room suitable for a new person. Follow directions with attention to detail.
Pros
yeah sometimes we had a free lunch
Cons
we had break for 30min
This hotel is everything the workplace should not be. I can't say anything more without identifying myself.
Pros
the pay is a little better than other hotels in the area.
Cons
everything.
Excellent coaching staff. Everyone is very helpful and outgoing. I have been interning in 4 different departments - laundry, kitchen, break room cleanup and banquet. I have enjoyed working in the kitch the most since I have experience in Culinary Arts already. Chef Dan has been a great mentor.
A typical day at double tree hotel is me waking up at 8 o clock every morning get there and wait on the others to show up and then get to doing our jobs working as a team. By me working at the hotel i learned a lot how to work as a team, get the job done, and make sure everything is the way its suppose to be.The management was pretty good didn't have any problems with them.The hardest part about the job was working in the heat folding sheets, towels, wash cloths, and comforters.The most thing that i liked about working at the hotel was a lot of fun meeting new people is the best thing.
It's a challenge working with elderly MHMR you have to have the patients. You can't trwat them any different I loved taking them out for walks and talking to them and teaching them new things. The hard part about this job is knowing they have a condition and not knowing when it's their time to go.
Pros
teaching them new things
Cons
for the consumer to leave me
great job, benefits as employees.. would work there again..........................
Pros
one day of month cake for all birthdays
Cons
pay