DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Bakersfield, CA

Bakersfield, CA17 reviews
Its a good positive place to work, I would refere anyone that likes to work to apply.
Doubletree employees are the best they are well screened before being hired, they only leave for other jobs if they find a job that pays more. Management and Directors are very helpful to work with,.
Easy going but low pay
Biggest issue is pay, the management seems under experienced with no room for suggestions. They cling to the fact that they feed their employees but the food is so bad it makes people sick, not cooked through and also cooked the day before and reheated for staff. The schedule is always changing and not set out until the end of the week so it is very hard to plan around it.
Not worth it
Worst place I ever worked at. Management only listens to certain people when there's a complaint & not the whole story. That's why I'm no longer working there. I was fired for no good reason.
Good work environment
It is a good place to work if you are looking for a relaxed quick paced work area, the work culture is great management doesn't harp on you to finish things that are out of reach and are reasonable about the timeline for finishing projects.
Pros
free lunch, good management, and relaxed enviornment
Cons
pay is low, a lot of work expected for low pay
Hotel
A big hotel with a chance to meet people from all over the world. A lot of changes happened in my time and not necessarily for the better. The culture is ever changing and the management too.
Pros
Good discounts on travel when available
Cons
Changes
Very fun and relaxed working environment.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel was a great place to work for me when I was in high school. Learning the specifics of how to wait tables and communicate with customers has made me a better communicator throughout my life.
Very fast paced
I enjoy the very fast pace of my job, when busy we make sure rooms are cleaned to get the guest into their room as smooth as possible. Everyone that works here gets along great.
Pros
pto, sick pay
Cons
work holidays
One of the best companies I have worked for.
The management for this company are very supportive and helpful. The variety of customers continued to make my work day enjoyable. Hostest serveral convention and attention to detail is a very important aspect of the job.
Pros
Many opportunities to grow
Cons
Job should pay more
fun work place
I had a great time working as an intern. Great people always willing to help you out. The most enjoyable part is that you work independently in your tasks. management is very professional
Overall I enjoyed working for Doubletree.
In the am you would be checking people out and taking phone calls for requests, reservations etc. We had a great team at the front desk and worked very well together. The best part of my job was having those recurring customers that would come to the hotel 3-6x per year and getting to really know and anticipate their needs.
Great Place to stay and eat.
Clean Rooms. Five star meals , and great service. A great place to hold a variety events and venues.
working as a serber in the restaurant and Banquet
Food and beverages serber, taking food and drink orders to totally satisfied the customers
Four star hotel; nice guest reviews
The hardest part of this job is that there isnt really room for advancement, but that doesn't mean that it isnt a nice environment to work in. I greatly enjoyed my fellow co-workers.
Amazing place to work
Very fast pace always on the going. Co-workers are amazing its a small group but very strong in supporting each other throughout the day.
I liked working here
Very fast paced environment. Great personnel in all departments of the hotel. Majority of the employees tend to get along...at least while i was there. Over all great place to work at, i would recommend a few people here.
Pros
job has benefits
A very productive and save work environment
I have learned a lot since working there I have met new people and made good friends are very friendly
Pros
the free lunches are very good and people are very friendly
Cons
breaks are to sort
Nice place to work at
The hotel is a family oriented venue with friendy employees. Managers are helpful in taking time teaching. The hardest part of the job is when there is a short of staff however, eveyone come together and help as a team in order to supplement the shortness of staff. Most enjoyable part is when you know that you have made a customer satisfied and come back to use the venue...
1.6K