DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Bend, OR

Bend, OR7 reviews
Productive but rough work environment.
Would start very early in the morning which is nice, however employees rights were often looked over. I enjoyed my job a lot helping in the morning but other employees did not enjoy the overall experience in the hotel.
Pros
Free lunches at meetings.
Cons
Short breaks, unable to grow in company.
I was night audit
I was night audit and found that the price they pay employees is less than most other hotels in the area. Not only that but they expected too much from their employees but didn't support them or even try to pretend to. They made it obvious that they don't care and that it's okay for negative practices such as bullying to exist as long as it doesn't have to affect management. Night audit responsibilities included paperwork of the daily income as well as setting up conference rooms, being security and doing all of the front desk responsibilities. This means stocking all front areas, making cookies in the morning, packaging the cookies and filling the cookie drawer all alone with no assistance. As well as taking care of guests needs throughout the night, watching the front but still making rounds down the halls with no camera to watch as anything is being done and clock people in and out.
Bend, Oregon worst hotel to work for in Central Oregon
Bend location cannot hang on to housekeepers due to the housekeeping manager. She a bully and constantly degrades and harass’s the staff to the point of verbal abuse. When staff goes to GM or AGM, they stand with managers.
Front desk manager is also toxic and displays a “bully” as she will with hold breaks and lunches from employees as firm of punishment. Several complaints to Corporate and they still stand behind abusive managers. Ring leader is AGM, and GM has no backbone to support his team. Very sad.
Dependong on your supervisor, you may do well.
Very clickish. Laundry supervisor high strung and difficult to get along with. Otherwise, a great place to work. Most people are friendly and encouraging. Definitely a team work place to work, if you're allowed to be part of the team. Employees are not treated equally. Too many related employees.
survival mode
The Hilton Doubletree of Bend is in my opinion, is a lack- luster hotel. This managing company operates on a scant budget. The worst part is that they are trying to comply with “Hilton” standards and fail miserably. They lack not only amenities, but manpower. Our outlet in particular, was basically self directed(very little oversight)
If you are committed to a high level of guest service, I highly discourage you from working here. You will always fall short. Anticipation of guest needs would not be the mantra here. This is a reactive environment, not a proactive one. For example, they claim to have room service at the Bend location.Unfortunately, none of the workers in the outlet know how to execute a room service order. Presentation of items were not streamlined with menu descriptions. Items stated on menu were often not comparable with those delivered. The menu was outdated and items were no longer available! To make matters worse, their senior employee of nearly eighteen years did not know how to even call a guest to let them know we did not have specific items available! I took care of it by simply stating we were “updating” our menu and letting the guest know how “sorry” we were. This is how we finess the guest. Foreign to this crew. Orders quite often were a half hour late!!! Unfortunately, the worker putting the order together does not know the standard because they don’t take pride in their job enough to learn! As a result, a lot of brand bashing goes on. For example, I saw a worker put our house coffee in a Starbucks cup. They did the same thing with a parfait!
 - more...
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Low standard
If you're not a favorite, you're not gonna last
Management is extremely "cliquey" and WILL NOT address issues, you're pretty much on your own. Most of the staff are incompetent, backstabbing and shady. The stress is high and entitled guests are unruly.
Working for this company was enough to get me out of the hospitality industry for good.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Poor management, Unqualified staff
Disappointing Management
I have worked for DoubleTree for approximately a year and a half and am extremely disappointed in Management. There is an awful lot of favoritism and a lack of appreciation for a job well done. Management tends to be extremely cliquey and spends entirely too much time kissing eachother's butts and not enough time praising the workers that make them look so good. I had high hopes when I started with this company, however, it now seems that even though I have many years of pertinent experience and the skills necessary to move up, I most likely will never have the opportunity because I am not a chosen one.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
1.6K