DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Berkeley, CA

Depending on the current shift of my job as Banquet Houseman, I go in at 6AM every shift and prepare for guests that are attending the event that day. Making coffee setting up coffee breaks which usually includes some type of food handling and decoration set-up. Mid-way through the meeting we will have a chance to refresh the room during the group breakouts and our job is to pick and clean the ballroom, meeting rooms to allow for a better experience at the hotel. - Management is sometimes lacking...
Pros
Lunch is provided by the company
Cons
not enough days to work.
Management has changed and it went down hill from there . If they make real changes it can get back to what it was . Honestly loved working for Hilton but management has pushed me to leaving you can’t push employees to the limit and expect them to stay we need communication and work to life balance
I enjoy working with my team members. We are like family. Our manager understands each one of us, which makes it easier working with us. I think its a good thing that way if any issues arise its easy to solve.
Pros
Free lunch and hotel discounts
Cons
Management very self absorbed. Lack of consideration to employees. Loved my co-workers as a team. Teamwork and work relationships excellent. local
Pros
teamwork and coworkers
Cons
upper management inconsiderate
The Doubletree by Hilton is a nicely located hotel by the bay, down on the Berkeley Marina. Your view is of San Francisco city and Golden Gate Bridge from outside. The hotel itself has a strange layout, different hours for restaurant and room service, as well as bar. Gift shop closed during certain times of the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Selling, detailing events and meeting new people, working with internal team-members very exciting and at time challenging. You learn a lot about different types of company's, people, different cultures and their requirements and needs Be very open minded, profit and loss, budget and meeting goals Work place culture, be respectful to one and all as you want to be respected, unity, be open and helpful to one and all Hardest part is to say no to some one or letting a person down to see one going through hardship in personal like or some people do not understand what the management have to go through to make everything happens, e.g. if we are cutting down hours when the business is slow. The most enjoyable part is seeing your team-members succeed and being promoted from within. Everyone supports each other and being happy. During Awards Dinner/Holiday Parties, everyone dressed and they look so different and happy, hugging and enjoying themselves..
Pros
Good atmosphere to work and good bonus
Cons
Was too far to travel during commute hours.
To arrive to work was extraordinary to know that guests would experience above average service and experience an unforgettable view. Management was very supportive and staff was very professional and well seasoned in their responsibilities. Most enjoyable part of day was..Sunsets on the bay and enjoy great meal ocean side.
Pros
Location ocean front, making decisions for best guest experiences
Cons
Fog during early morning into afternoon obscuring views
Es un trabajo en un buen ambientey muy cordial con sus empleados
This property is probably the jewel of Berkeley as it was located to the marina where the spectacular view of the San Francisco Bay can be seen through the bar.
Pros
Fun to work and always meet nice guest
Cons
Management don't know what they're doing about their employees
Working at Doubletree, was productive and fun, i had learn a lot, and my skills with accounting and customer service was growing. learning from every manager to every employee was awsome
Pros
once month employee appreciation.
Cons
short lunches
There was always something new to learn at this company. I acquired my basic maintenance and customer service skill working for the Double Tree Hotel.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Work schdules
Eden Hospital is five minutes from my home. it is a great place to work, I have been there and every one is so friendly and helpful to work. Great atmosphere to work. I have spoken to so manay people and they love working there It would be a pleasure to be a part of your team. Looking forward to joining as one of Eden Hostipal's Team member. Regards ZZ
Pros
5 minutes from my home
Cons
n/a
If you're looking for quick money (tips) while you're in school then this is perfectly fine. Otherwise do not waste your time. I can't say all double tree hotels are terrible but this one was. Made decent money, mostly in tips, so again I say its a decent job if you're just looking for something flexible while in school
Working here is very laid back. Of course we were serious about of work, but it wasn't so much pressure placed on the employees. The managers were really great and allowed you to advance if you really wanted to.