DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Birmingham, AL

Good place to work, if the GM will become less micro-managing. This GM would not allow you to make any changes and was not willing to listen to any suggestions for her staff.
Pros
Busy hotel
Cons
Micro-manager
It was a great place to work. It had it's ups and downs but I loved working there. I would recommend working there to anyone. I would just say if youre not equipped to fast past excessive hours, do not apply to work in the restaurant.
Pros
Location, employees are like family
Cons
I would recommend this job to anybody, I would even reconsider working for this company again if the opportunity presented itself. Although a more formal place of business, the job itself is Extremely laid-back and enjoyable.
I started off as an server, then room server then banquet server. They're willing to move their employees up to New position and pay rate. They're great with training you well.
Pros
Better trainee
Cons
Pay rate
It was a great place to work I would recommend to others. It is a great place that believe in hiring within the company. The hotel offers lunch for employees, and parking for employees.
I would say my experience was good I had a lot of fun it's work though but it's what you make it when you there it's ok to have a little fun while working but make sure you do your job right.
Wonderful days at work, very great management, coworkers are awesome, nice, well respected and very sweet, hardest part of the job was standing all day otha then that the job was absolutely amazing
Great environment and management team. F& B Director very helpful and knowledgeable. Great training available as well Doubletree by Hiilton also provided advancement opportunities
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
I worked there for 10 years and the company is ran by racists and mean people. There no room for promotions and raises the same people make the employee of the month. The company need a change in management asap.
Pros
free employee meal however its what left over from any banquet they may have.
Cons
not enough pay for all the job responsibility.
DoubleTree is a 298 room hotel located in the heart of 5 Points South/UAB area. A typical day would consist on an average of about 100 check-ins per day with more or less depending on events in town and/or scheduled in-house events. We have a front desk staff of 8 and 2 supervisors, along with a FOM and AFOM. Front desk supervisors bridge the gap between upper management and staff as well as guests. We also support and manage bellstaff (7) and parking attendants (4). Run daily reports attend staff and stand-up meetings. Relay Hilton and GM ideas and rules to staff. Also deliver superb guest satisfaction.
Pros
location and team work!
Cons
somtimes we're severely understaffed