DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Bloomington, IL

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 4,113 reviews
Great place
Front Desk/ Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL9 June 2019
This is a great company to work for and I am glad I got the experience to work in hospitality I would recommend to anyone to have Hospitality experience.
Good experience for people who intend on serving in the future.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL7 February 2018
The work definitely prepares you for future serving jobs. You can get bar tending experience just by asking. The work is not challenging, and the pay was not bad.
Pros
Prepares you for other serving and bar tending jobs
Cons
Unprofessional work environment
Okay work for pay
BANQUET SERVER & BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL18 February 2016
Definitely underlining factors and politics that are relevant from even entry level jobs. Easy work for pay, but do not expect job advancement. High turnover rate with bias management. If you need a quick job that's easy, go for it. Definitely not a long term placement. Only make tips as bartender.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No server tips, young peer mentality, single moms with babies
A great family
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL13 November 2015
The Doubletree Bloomington was a great place to work that had supportive management and employees that strived to be their best. It's great when you're given the freedom to explore creative and innovative opportunities to expand business.
Pros
Great food. Hard working co-workers
Cons
It gets cold in Illinois.
Quality Hotel Brand
Sales Manager/Operations MIT (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL22 April 2013
Overall I had a good experience working with DoubleTree by Hilton. The hotel is owned and operated by The Snyder Companies. I completed an extensive 8 month Hotel Management Training Program that encompased every aspect of hotel operation. I settled in Sales where I have been the Senior Sales Manager focusing on sports, teams, and corporate business. My day to day consists of booking group rooms, setting up accounts, creating and managing contracts, creating and executing creative sales techniques and establishing and maintaining corporate partnerships.
Fun workplace, not a lot of freedom
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL8 January 2013
While working in a hotel is a great way to meet a lot of people and gain a lot of hospitality experience, be careful. By working here, we often didn't get a full break, and constantly had to deal with unruly guests. Although the good outweighs the bad, make sure that you are not of a weak heart and mind, or the guest will get anything they want.
Great Temporary job for College Student
Kiln /Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL24 May 2012
Detailed outline of what needs to be done on a daily basis. I've learned alot to things from Front Office work to Cooking,. I love my co-workers and managers. We have a great open-door policy. My typicals shitfs are atleast 4 to 6 hours a day, five days a week. The hardest part of the job is carrying the trays. They typical tend to weight between 25 to 30 lbs. on one shoulder. The most enjoyable part is getting to meet different people throughout the community and from other states.
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Cons
not able to have scheduled breaks