DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Bristol, CT

Bristol, CT11 reviews
Beautiful hotel overall.. friendly and professional staff, only reason i left was because i only worked on the weekends and needed more hours at that time.
Pros
Free soft drinks and bagels .. seeing celebrities/athletes from ESPN, good tips
Cons
NO breaks if running breakfast counter
If not for the move, I would still be there working. I treated the kitchen as my own. Everyone loves me. That without a doubt. I am working but did not really feel like it. Coming to work is always a delight.
I had the best experience with both.My over night stay with friends and family was great! I also was employed at Double Tree for a short time and it was a good experience.
I've worked at two Doubletrees and had a very bad experience with both locations! My experience was mainly with the Management staff. At one Dounletree the GM loves to micro-manage and the other did not have the ability to Manage (especially with the housekeeping department). Long story short, both places were terrible to work for.
The menu is a good starting point for those beginning their culinary career, the people are friendly and the environment is good. I don’t see it as a place you can stay forever if you’re looking to expand your experience but if you want job security this is your place.
My brief time as a bell hop was perhaps my favorite job ever to be honest. I learned how to be more polite, and courteous, and work under extremely high pressure circumstances. I also learned something called "The 5/10 Rule", which is that if someone is 10 feet away from you, you greet them with a smile, and if they are 5 feet away, you greet them with a hello. The hardest of part of the job would have had to be the constant need for perfection, but this is understandable given the class of hotel. The best part would have to be the amazing tippers, and free cookies ;)
Great place to start your culinary career. It has a lot to offer as far as benefits and the employees all treat each other like family. I have enjoyed my time there and would recommend this job.
Very fast paced environment, hospitality is a very rewarding field.
Very demanding field

Family work environment

working as a team

always striving to improve
I work at a face paced 141 room hotel with over 60 plus check ins per day. I love my job and what I do, I love conversing with all my guest and making them feel at home. The hardest part of my job is being away from my family due to my hours, the most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and management team.
Pros
Being at a job that you truly love
Cons
Being away from my family
Training is thorough and easy to understand via computer systems. Overall, it is a learn as you go job. I adore the people I know and work with, and would be sad to leave them behind. However, people are close and it seems that everyone discusses everything there, so there is little privacy.

There can be growth in the brand, but not in the individual hotel itself.

Being yelled at for someone else's irresponsible mistake or just because someone is having a bad day can take its toll on you. At the end of the day, DT by Hilton, Bristol is a delight to work at despite the incredibly low paycheck.
Pros
An unbelievably fun yet laid back and fair boss, free food and goody bags not wanted by guests after weddings and banquets, very friendly staff; employees permitted to enjoy company with friends in both restaurants and patio, wide variety of clientele, diverse staff, guest service agents occasionally gets tips, saltwater pool/hot tub.
Cons
Expensive insurance, extremely low pay, lack of understanding through communication between departments despite weekly meetings, understaffed due to high turn-a-round or people always wanting to leave shift early, prices too high in the pantry.
co-workers are extremely friendly and feels like a second family. Everyone works together effectively.
1.6K