DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Cambridge, MA

Cambridge, MA3 reviews
Great place to work as a hourly team member. Turn over rate was extremely low, 60% of employees have been there over 9 years. Room for advancement and endless classes to grow within position, advancement, or a lateral move. Management was supportive and all employees were happy to be there, you had a sense of family where everyone cared. Team work was a big part of the culture, and everyone helped out without being asked. HR was big on appreciation, whether it be birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or kicking off a BBQ to the summer season, they showed they cared, and they did it with love.

Managers were over worked and under paid. The expectations were a little far fetched. Expected to work 45-50 hours, yet there was endless improvements, projects and unnecessary paper work trickled down from upper managements "to do list" that kept middle management there over 60 hours a week. An "average" day was about 12 hours, many managers worked 6 days a week, or on days off just to complete their work. Managers worked with integrity to get the job done, but you can see the stress in there eyes, but they always kept a smile and remained positive. Short staffed and had to work many doubles or fill in for an hourly employee.
Pros
free parking, free lunch/dinner, discounts, great health benefits
Cons
upper management lacked structure, lacked communication, long work hours
Great place to work, strong team. It was my first Exec Chef position and i was able to learn the basic of my new role. the entire team was engaged and working there was fun
Typical days I take the calls making it very busy. I learned how to get along with co workers and how to deal with situations you don't agree with. My co workers and I are great friends, we often chat outside of work. The most enjoyable part of my job is guest satisfaction and knowing I was able to fix the problem to ensure guests have a wonderful stay.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly co workers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
1.6K