DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Cedar Rapids, IA

Hotel discount
Banquet Server is very labourous and sometimes stressful. Very much need to be a team player and react quickly. Team is great,but management seemed unappreciative of all of the hard work we really do.
Hard to advance as alot of higher up positions are filled by people from outside of the company.

Most people come and stay because of the awesome hotel discount
Insanely incompetent HR Dept.
Very Disappointed with the managers ability to protect employees from hostel threatening coworkers, and hr's inability to handle racial relations or see the truth from fiction. The whole do the right thing,no matter what race you are dealing with seems to allude this system. Insanely incompetent HR Dept. The crazies are running this insane asylum .....
Management turns & burns everyone.
Very disappointing that I fell for the company giving a darn about recognizing my hard work. They run all departments lan so management bonus out. $ selfish greed uppe4 management and total disrespect and out of touch with daily workers or structures. Bottom line, make you believe your had ork and sacrifice I’ll move u p ladder , malarkey..god news to felonies with sexual abus chargers , the do promote and hire those!
Pros
Very little, zero accountability
Cons
Everything else
Working here is alright
I've worked there for five years and I enjoy it but I wish the hours were most constant some weeks we have little to no work. Its hard to pay bills and have a livable wage. If we got 40hrs all the time then yes but that's never the case.
this is a very good place to work and grow
I work in security dept. and we are like a family working together real close in our department and extended family outside the dept. this is the best job I have ever had but after 5 years here I need to move on to my retirement location with my wife who just retired.
Pros
everything
Cons
Beautiful property, great career starter in many areas of hospitality, the kind of events and team you can be proud of.
I loved most of the time I spent working at the Doubletree. If I thought I could go back one day with a title/salary comparable to currently, I definitely would. The hotel and event space are both gorgeous. The different department teams all have a fun variety of personalities that just seem to click. If you have the work ethic you can start here at entry level and turn it into whatever you want. I've never been in school (no debt!) and I left Doubletree after 5 years of learning and advancing for a job making a $50,000 salary plus large quarterly bonuses, and DT more than prepared me. I work 9-5 now M-F and my job is a total breeze. Working there was one of the best decisions I could've made! Was and always will feel like a home to me.
Pros
Free lunches, free downtown parking, great PTO and benefits, fun variety of coworkes
Was at this job 5 months before I had surgery.
Fast paced, work. However, short staffed a lot of the time. Management tried to keep kitchen staff informed as to what was happening, which was much appreciated.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
short staffed
Great benefits but this Hilton has no idea what they are doing.
Just work 1 day a week to claim your discount benefits. Working their anymore than that will cause so many headaches, and unnecessary stress. Management has no idea how to prepare for busy days. They rely to much on the stronger employees to make things work. Always set up for failure and always playing favorites. If you are a hard worker, expect to be overworked. If you want to fly under the radar and be mediocre, be prepared to be constantly harassed. Human Resources can't do anything but terminate employment, so if you're looking for help, you are better off going home and crying to mother about it. And remember, no matter how hard you work, you are always a failure to double tree by Hilton in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
High stress enviornment
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to meet the clientele. There were few occasions where I was requested to personally design a menu or perform a demonstration for guests. The personal touch always made things more valuable to me. Most days would be working in the kitchen for long hours making up for lack of staff.
Pros
Insurance benefits, Pto, hotel discount
Cons
Inefficient hiring process
Great job
Great job i would have loved to keep it i love hospitality and the mission they stand for the crew was awsome management was nice and the hotel worked together as one great place to work
Career Driving People
Everyone here was on the same page, we opened this hotel from the bottom up. Which made everyone take pride in what they were doing at the hotel. Everyone here enjoyed their job.
Pros
Staff Meals
Cons
Long Hours, not much work/life balance
Ok company to work for
Same thing day to day Clean Bathroom ,lobby's ,convention center sweep& mop the floors ,clean windows,vaccum carpets,clean back of house,ran ride on floor cleaner and scrubber,carpet shampooer
productive invierment
I enjoyed working at Double tree it was one of the best hotel I have ever worked was able to eat lunch for free everyday and the staff was very kind very nice
Popular place but awful management
Fancy restaurant with awesome food. Management is extremely unorganized and none of them are on the same page. Turnover is super high. Great staff if you're a staff member, but as a customer you may think otherwise
Pros
Food and tips
Cons
Early morning shift hours, management and unorganization
Great management, great co-workers, ok building
The building was remodeled a few years ago, but they didn't replace the plumbing or wiring in the hotel. We had issues with drain lines cracking/ eroding and pinhole leaks in hot water supply lines. The electrical on the hotel side is having issues. The lamps and lights in the rooms are cheap and we are having to replace the switches. Thankfully management is very pro active about these issues and is willing to spend the money to repair/ replace things when they pop up.
Pros
Free lunch and/or dinner
Cons
building needs work
Great Company to work for!
Great Facilities and better staff! everyone there makes you feel like one big happy family. Would recommend them to any friends and family that want to be a part of the hospitality world.
1.6K