DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

It’s okay it a big deal the manager wasn’t a good person tbh you know idk the person was rude and she was mean and rude and never help you know idk what was wrong with her
The property has undergone massive renovations in the past three years and is a brand new product in a booming neighborhood. Highly recommend for anyone living downtown.
They treat you bad have you doings more thing's than expected they yell at you and put you down in front of everyone dont reccomend this job or hotel at all.
Love my coworkers & the guest,& my Managers..great Environment, free lunch.....Nice work environment ,Union hotel..the whole staff is just wonderful.
After working 6months I was involved in a car accident whereas for I was bed ridden for 4 months, once cleared by my doctors to return, the Company said my job was gone because I wasn’t Union. I didn’t even get a card from the company!
Pros
Cons
People
Very physical job in addition to decision-making skills needed. Quite diverse task list, working with quite diverse staff. Determining needed items, and ordering same Stocking incoming product.
Pros
Free lunch. Annual benefits fair, including flu shots n/c.
Cons
Health insurance pricey at family level.
I loved working at the double tree hotel I enjoyed working management was great until 6 month before I left everything went down management was horrible
Cons
With over 250 employees at the hotel, the people you work with makes it a great experience. Everyone seems to be on the same page by taking care of our guests in different ways and all are helping together to make the guest experience great.
theWit has wonderful management and i was able to learn new programming such as Front Desk as well as Go Concierge. I thought it was a great step in the direction I am going. A typical day at work in In Room Dining included a lot of running around but it paid off in the tips made.
A very nice new hotel that was built in the heart of Chicago. 3 full service restaurants putting out great food. very busy keeping the condition of the hotel to its best
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long commute
to set up my station to prep my station to see what today's specials were and accommodate people needs as well as help out with the menu and help my cooking team with prep
Pros
free lunch
Cons
401k was not good at all
I enjoyed working at the hotel. The employees made the place fun. They provided lunch for employees. The hours were not bad either. I would recommend this place.
Working at Doubletree in the housekeeping department is very fast paced, rooms must be cleaned inspected for the next guest. All hotel standards must be met, encouraging the team members to maintain the standards as well but also making sure the team members and the guest have a pleasurable day.
Stay to yourself. Be on time. Be positive. You must work extremely hard to be promoted. I was there 8 years and unfortunately I didn't get that chance. The pay is decent. The employees are the typical hassle. Nothing too major.
I had learned a lot on how to control your authority when handling a business decision for the company. Also it was rough and stressful days, but i had stayed strong consistently without giving up and i had kept that mentality ever since i started working in this company.
Pros
Free food, Vacations
Cons
Health benefits
Originally happy to work here. Later on the management changed twice in 1 year. Grateful for the different skills and positions I learned. Met various people from all over the world.
Pros
Different nationalities
Cons
Broken scheduling
Fun work Place when I first started and everything started changing for worst. Not all about the job but how I personally grow and develop my skills as a person.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Correcting Managers Mistakes
I loved my job here i cleaned rooms upon check in and check outs for 7 years and i loved every bit of it. Management were great and fair
Assist guest w/ reservations, recommendations, directions &, on occasion, preparing itineraries by attentively listening to expressed details of their needs & desires. Preparation is Key here by ensuring that all necessary data, brochures & "odd items" are easily accessible & equipment is in working order at all times! In this mostly fast-paced environment, team co-operation is a must & I found that my co-workers are always ready to jump in whenever necessary! Management has empowered the team to be the best problem solvers one can be w/o loosing track of ones priorities & this has helped the team shine! If one is a true hospitality professional, there's nothing hard about the job ...unless you consider it hard trying to find "busy-work" during the slower/quieter times! Needless to say, the best part of the job is getting positive feedback from the guests as they return from an recommended outing or as they're leaving, smiling & wishing they could stay longer but looking forward to their return!
Pros
Union house; flexible shedules available; lunchbreak is mandatory; F/O management always available
Cons
No benefits for P/T employees; no consistency in cafeteria; lobby can get very cold
Hilton has a great model in place for customer service, however, the management doesn't consistently and efficiently enforce it. Furthermore, the management company does not have a process in place to cross train or have opportunities for development.
Pros
Free lunches, discount hotel options, union healthcare
Cons
Lack of employees to provide great customer service, Lack training and development, management doesn't listen to their employees/co-workers
Patrol all floors Learned how to make surveillance videos Management was always helpful Co-workers were nice
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Commute