DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

Hilton is a good brand. Working as a food and beverage employee is not ideal. Management changes a lot. Often the work environment is hostile. There were 6 different kitchen managers in 3 years. There wasn’t enough supplies. We were always stealing glassware, etc from other departments. Ofttimes I had to wash my own glassware
Pros
Good travel benefits
Cons
No 401k matching, low pay, poor mgt support
The upper management was good. But supervisor and tram leads where very unsupportive and judge mental. Had a hard time made one mistake and that set the tone for the duration of my employment. Causing stress and depression badly.
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
To much gossip among supervisors and judge mental
Would recommend working here it’s a great place to work many people who will help you with whatever you may need. The managers are amazing as well so I would definitely recommend it.
I enjoy working at the DoubleTree, it just gets really slow in the winter and standing at the host stand with nothing to do is very tedious. My manager always keeps tabs on the servers and myself, so we never feel lost or anything of the sort. We're very good at working together and we get quality food to our guests in a timely manor.
My first job and the hardest part was the big parties because there were times we had over 1000 people and we had to pull a 13 hours shift so make sure we had dishes for tomorrow. I learned to manage my time and make sure I get most of my tasks done
Pros
Everyone helps out everyone else
Cons
Not a lot of dishwashers or more seniors to gain tips from
Lots of business professionals, mainly men. Very busy bar with lots of traffic. Tons of banquets and balls. Mostly military banquets and out of town weddings.
loved my job worked on line performing tasked outlined by chef enjoyed fellow employees prepped kitchen before shift prepared food items for frying such as chicken and fish prepared outlined menu per recipes performed routine cleaning and sanitizing of work area
It was always busy some staff were poorly trained. Employees from previous shifts would leave messes for the next to clean up. The managers were ok but not pleasant or easy to deal with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks if any, bad management, crowded work area
I am a past employee. Things may have changed. When I was there, it was very fun and there was always something going on. You must be ready to be alone and figure things out yourself.
A typical day was 11 pm to 7am. Learned all aspects of the hotel audit, management was unfair and mostly not available during my shift, work place culture it is a hotel meet all kinds of interesting people from all over the world. Hardest part of the job was completing the audit before 4 am, and waiting sometimes until 9 am for the 7 am shift persons to appear to work. Enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of interesting people.
Pros
Hilton hotels offer fair wages and benifits
Cons
Stretching an 8 hour overnight shift to 9 or 10 hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
I have loved working here. The people I've worked with are all so lovely and willing to help. As a night auditor, most nights were pretty quiet but others are more hectic with events and conferences going on. You receive an employee meal for working here and hotel discounts wherever you go. I cant really speak to what the hardest part of the job was because everyone is different and handles situations differently. Sometimes the guests can be really stressful but it's all about your reaction I suppose.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Meal, Great People
Cons
Stressful guests but otherwise nothing.
I Honestly left Double Tree because of the hours, it was too much to try to attempt to start school and work at the same. During the summer they are so busy that they don't allow overtime but we got it anyways, there was no choice. There was a manager that left just recently so I don't know what it is like as far as now goes. At double Tree we had our fun times but we had mostly stressful times, its hard work for sure.
Pros
Lunch is free, Guests who stay in the rooms you clean sometimes leaves tips
Cons
The managers press you for time "hurry up, "
Overall, it was an okay part-time job. I worked in the restaurant portion of the hotel as a host and barista, and the job itself wasn't hard. I worked the breakfast shift, which was 6 am - 2 pm. You had all sorts of different clientele that walked through there, which is given in a hotel. My manager was awesome, I liked her a lot. The head chef, however, it seemed like everyone had a hard time getting along with him. I didn't personally interact with him much, but the brief times that I did, he didn't seem like the most personable guy. It's neither here nor there now, though. The job was okay for what it was, it paid okay, and the job itself wasn't hard to do, it just lacked any source of motivation to move up. There really wasn't a good step up beyond what you were already doing without transferring to a different department.
Pros
50% all food, extremely discounted hotel rooms, benefits package
Cons
Odd hours, slow lunches (no money to be made for servers), no upward mobility really
Every day brings new challenges and rewards. Seeing the hospitality field from behind the scenes, working with people from all over the globe with the ultimate goal of pleasing the guest.
This location is currently managed by GF management, and under their leadership this property has been subjected to the arrogance and egotism of ineffective and inefficient management who disregard the needs and morale of employees and Guests in order to highlight the bottom line. I would not recommend this location to anyone looking to advance themselves in the hospitality industry.
Cons
Low Compensation, Ineffective Management, Poor Culture, Low Workplace Morale
while I truly love this hotel and the work I do here, the turnover in higher management is undesirable and fast. It does not make for a desirable work environment when policies get changed monthly due to new management
Pros
steady
Cons
short breaks, the price of health care, and low pay
I love the company in general and the people that I work with are one in a million! We are constantly busy, but it is nice to have a team so efficient. Great team atmosphere!
Every one is very helpful, but some time is scared for their job. Its a demanding job, but everyone looks out for one another and is happy for everyone success
Pros
Free lunch!
My day start with setting up line for Breakfast turning on fryers, grills, and salamanders. Making sure I have the product I need to start cooking....I break breakfast down, and start setting up for lunch for the next shift...
Pros
like my hours...
Cons
Wages, benefits, lack of empolyees
Do more with less. (Management companies motto). Not allot of happy faces. Constant threat of termination - "get on board or get out" Hostile work environment from General manager.
Pros
Great Hotel, Great Staff
Cons
No training or advancement opportunities. No recognition for accomplishments.
As with all jobs there will be good and not so good times as well as employees. But for the most part the employees of the DoubleTree Hotel took pride and ownership of their respenctive jobs.
Pros
free lunches, employee and family rates at various Hilton properties.
Cons
expensive health care