DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 4,203 reviews
This was my first job and I learned so much more than I already know
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO14 October 2019
My first job and the hardest part was the big parties because there were times we had over 1000 people and we had to pull a 13 hours shift so make sure we had dishes for tomorrow. I learned to manage my time and make sure I get most of my tasks done
Pros
Everyone helps out everyone else
Cons
Not a lot of dishwashers or more seniors to gain tips from
productive and busy place to work at
LEAD RESTAURANT BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 809065 September 2019
Lots of business professionals, mainly men.
Very busy bar with lots of traffic.
Tons of banquets and balls. Mostly military banquets and out of town weddings.
great place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO27 August 2019
loved my job
worked on line performing tasked outlined by chef
enjoyed fellow employees
prepped kitchen before shift
prepared food items for frying such as chicken and fish
prepared outlined menu per recipes
performed routine cleaning and sanitizing of work area
very busy high pace
cook meals (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO13 September 2018
It was always busy some staff were poorly trained. Employees from previous shifts would leave messes for the next to clean up. The managers were ok but not pleasant or easy to deal with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks if any, bad management, crowded work area
Fun workplace. Be ready to take it on alone.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO27 April 2018
I am a past employee. Things may have changed. When I was there, it was very fun and there was always something going on. You must be ready to be alone and figure things out yourself.
If you like to work overnight shifts its a job
Night Auditor/Overnight Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO21 March 2018
A typical day was 11 pm to 7am. Learned all aspects of the hotel audit, management was unfair and mostly not available during my shift, work place culture it is a hotel meet all kinds of interesting people from all over the world. Hardest part of the job was completing the audit before 4 am, and waiting sometimes until 9 am for the 7 am shift persons to appear to work. Enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of interesting people.
Pros
Hilton hotels offer fair wages and benifits
Cons
Stretching an 8 hour overnight shift to 9 or 10 hours.
Overall a great place to work for hospitality and career experience
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO14 September 2017
I have loved working here. The people I've worked with are all so lovely and willing to help. As a night auditor, most nights were pretty quiet but others are more hectic with events and conferences going on. You receive an employee meal for working here and hotel discounts wherever you go.
I cant really speak to what the hardest part of the job was because everyone is different and handles situations differently. Sometimes the guests can be really stressful but it's all about your reaction I suppose.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Meal, Great People
Cons
Stressful guests but otherwise nothing.
Double Tree Fun or Stress?
Deep Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chyeanne and lake Colorado Springs12 September 2017
I Honestly left Double Tree because of the hours, it was too much to try to attempt to start school and work at the same. During the summer they are so busy that they don't allow overtime but we got it anyways, there was no choice. There was a manager that left just recently so I don't know what it is like as far as now goes.
At double Tree we had our fun times but we had mostly stressful times, its hard work for sure.
Pros
Lunch is free, Guests who stay in the rooms you clean sometimes leaves tips
Cons
The managers press you for time "hurry up, "
Odd hours, but the hotel discount benefit was great
Hostess/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO21 June 2017
Overall, it was an okay part-time job. I worked in the restaurant portion of the hotel as a host and barista, and the job itself wasn't hard. I worked the breakfast shift, which was 6 am - 2 pm. You had all sorts of different clientele that walked through there, which is given in a hotel. My manager was awesome, I liked her a lot. The head chef, however, it seemed like everyone had a hard time getting along with him. I didn't personally interact with him much, but the brief times that I did, he didn't seem like the most personable guy. It's neither here nor there now, though. The job was okay for what it was, it paid okay, and the job itself wasn't hard to do, it just lacked any source of motivation to move up. There really wasn't a good step up beyond what you were already doing without transferring to a different department.
Pros
50% all food, extremely discounted hotel rooms, benefits package
Cons
Odd hours, slow lunches (no money to be made for servers), no upward mobility really
Enjoyable postion
Every day brings new challenges and rewards. Seeing the hospitality field from behind the scenes, working with people from all over the globe with the ultimate goal of pleasing the guest.
Ineffective Leadership, Low Compensation, Low Workplace Morale
Front Desk Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO23 January 2017
This location is currently managed by GF management, and under their leadership this property has been subjected to the arrogance and egotism of ineffective and inefficient management who disregard the needs and morale of employees and Guests in order to highlight the bottom line.

I would not recommend this location to anyone looking to advance themselves in the hospitality industry.
Cons
Low Compensation, Ineffective Management, Poor Culture, Low Workplace Morale
Work is fun, management is not
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO19 December 2016
while I truly love this hotel and the work I do here, the turnover in higher management is undesirable and fast. It does not make for a desirable work environment when policies get changed monthly due to new management
Pros
steady
Cons
short breaks, the price of health care, and low pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO3 November 2016
I love the company in general and the people that I work with are one in a million! We are constantly busy, but it is nice to have a team so efficient. Great team atmosphere!
Very Helpful
Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO19 April 2016
Every one is very helpful, but some time is scared for their job. Its a demanding job, but everyone looks out for one another and is happy for everyone success
Pros
Free lunch!
Useful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO4 February 2016
My day start with setting up line for Breakfast turning on fryers, grills, and salamanders. Making sure I have the product I need to start cooking....I break breakfast down, and start setting up for lunch for the next shift...
Pros
like my hours...
Cons
Wages, benefits, lack of empolyees
Great Hotel, Great Staff, average Management company
Executive Chef & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO27 July 2015
Do more with less. (Management companies motto). Not allot of happy faces. Constant threat of termination - "get on board or get out" Hostile work environment from General manager.
Pros
Great Hotel, Great Staff
Cons
No training or advancement opportunities. No recognition for accomplishments.
Most employees had a sense of pride.
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs16 September 2014
As with all jobs there will be good and not so good times as well as employees. But for the most part the employees of the DoubleTree Hotel took pride and ownership of their respenctive jobs.
Pros
free lunches, employee and family rates at various Hilton properties.
Cons
expensive health care
Great place to work with great benefits
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs CO28 July 2014
Make reservation
Answer the phone
Check guests in
Check guests out
Pros
Free lunches, M-f 8:30-5:00
Cons
Multiple department training
Hostess Review/Summary
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO30 January 2014
A typical day and some responsibilities I had during my time as a hostess included monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. Often as the hostess I was responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties. It was a nice summer job.
Very friendly staff
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO20 May 2013
Great place to work, everyone was very friendly. Wonderful training, Great manager who cared about you and was willing to work with you if you needed time off.
Pros
Free meals for employees in break room