DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 4,013 reviews
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC6 September 2019
I'm happy to work here. I have great bosses. I have fun at work. Room for growth. Fast paced good place to work. Great incentives for just doing your basic job functions.
I am very productive in what I do in this type of work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC30 July 2019
It's a very good place to work and is a very productive workplace and good people to work for and it's alot of work to do in hskeeping bt luv why I do
Face Paced! Make it fun!
Receptionist/Guest Services Relations (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC31 May 2019
I enjoy working at this property and the team I’ve been accompanied with, I’m happy that I’ve made the connections I have and excited to see what’s next in store for me!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
It Was good
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC27 November 2018
At the hotel I had good and bad experiences the cookies they give you are amazing and the staff is very friendly. The food was great especially the shrimp and grits and the bartenders were nice.

It is hard to fine good cooks, and the unoces that are good don't last. The equipment is old don't woark all the time. Two years waitting for new equipment and never got it.
BAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC23 August 2018
Wonderful place to work. Family and team work are essential and make working with the team much easier. Pay and benefits are satisfactory, depending upon position. Flexible and understanding management.
Good Corporate Company
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC19 September 2017
I have been at the Double Tree twice in 2 different positions and would recommend it to anyone looking to get in to the hospitality industry. Hilton a world wide recognized company with good benefits
Very professional and upbeat
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC1 August 2017
The business was very upscale and productive. Management opportunities are available and willing to hire from within. I learned a lot from the FOH team. It can be very fast paced at times but mostly a laid back shift. My experience with the staff and guest were excellent.
More like family not a job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC2 May 2017
When I first started working there, I felt more like I was with family instead of work. It was stressful at times, but we have a great team and management that help during the stressful days.
Pros
The employees from every department. The customers. The managment team
Cons
The pay was horrible
Productive but poor management.
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC29 March 2017
Clock in at 9:00 am. Usually i would have to wait for my manager or supervisors to give me a list of rooms to pull.

Management was poor and scheduling changed weekly.
The job was fairly easy and didnt require any hard work.
Benefits
I had a very good work experience
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC24 March 2017
A lot of outside catering weddings sporting events ect we also did outside BBQ in the Vista we ran a meals on wheels program 4 months out of the year We had two grand halls and two small halls a fully wait staff and three chefs and six Cooks on staff.
Pros
great health care opportunitys
Cons
change ownership
356 days a year Customer service !
F&B Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC15 March 2017
Guest Satisfaction- All day. Meetings to Banquets for lunch and dinner a full service restaurant-breakfast ,lunch,dinner.Full Bar.
over. We are managed by a third party management company. Very busy Hotel and a great staff. We are in the people business 24-7, so there are a lot of moving parts. Every day brings a new experience in this business.
Pros
Team Travel, when and if can get a day off ?
Cons
Bonuses-Insurance ?
meet many interesting people
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC15 March 2017
when things need to be addressed takes a long time. Managers dont see the bad employees. I enjoy my job very much and its because of my guests. I am a people person and have 30 years of customer service.
I enjoy working there
Public Space Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC11 January 2017
I am interview working there. It is an excellent hotel over all I wish the Management would actually sit down and really think about their employees needs.
Pros
Not enough money
Cons
The guest and over it is a good hotel
drama housekeeping has picks
Housekeeping Inspector-room attendent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC15 September 2016
housekeeping manager was not made to run a hotel staff because had picks n not tell the truth about things housekeeping had drug test n used other people urine to past never work for double tree in Columbia sc some of the housekeeper will eat your food out your room
Pros
no lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and organized
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC10 July 2013
A typical day consists of great customer service skills, inventory checks and awareness.
Nice job to have.
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC3 May 2013
A typical day at work, I come in, check all e-mails for added buisiness to the hotel. Check to see how many people are to check into the hotel and if there are any gold and diamond members. Next I check to see if all employees are happy and able to do what they need to do for the daily operation. I'll look to see how the buisiness went the day before and if any changes need to be made in scheduling or number of employees needed for the work day. I take a daily inventory for quality and inventory purposes.2 or 3 meetings with staff and banquet department to be all on the same page for the weeks buisiness.At the same time I make sure that the production is all done for daily banquets and restaurant operations.
Pros
Benefits, pay ok.
Cons
lots of hours for salaried employee