DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

Columbia, SC19 reviews
I was the customer service manager. They value great service. Tje guest is the only reason they exist. The service is some of the best and they expect the best from the employees.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Very poor management.
All h0st1lity & s3xual h*ra*s*ent reports ignored by HR. When I put in my r3sign*tion, they ret*lia*ed by term*nati*g me for the previous report. Will n0t 3v3r w0rk th3r3 again.
The Hilton has taught me a lot about humility, integrity, ownership & dedication. Their business practices has created a nurturing and caring environment aimed at both customer and employees
I'm happy to work here. I have great bosses. I have fun at work. Room for growth. Fast paced good place to work. Great incentives for just doing your basic job functions.
It's a very good place to work and is a very productive workplace and good people to work for and it's alot of work to do in hskeeping bt luv why I do
I enjoy working at this property and the team I’ve been accompanied with, I’m happy that I’ve made the connections I have and excited to see what’s next in store for me!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
At the hotel I had good and bad experiences the cookies they give you are amazing and the staff is very friendly. The food was great especially the shrimp and grits and the bartenders were nice.

It is hard to fine good cooks, and the unoces that are good don't last. The equipment is old don't woark all the time. Two years waitting for new equipment and never got it.
Wonderful place to work. Family and team work are essential and make working with the team much easier. Pay and benefits are satisfactory, depending upon position. Flexible and understanding management.
I have been at the Double Tree twice in 2 different positions and would recommend it to anyone looking to get in to the hospitality industry. Hilton a world wide recognized company with good benefits
The business was very upscale and productive. Management opportunities are available and willing to hire from within. I learned a lot from the FOH team. It can be very fast paced at times but mostly a laid back shift. My experience with the staff and guest were excellent.
When I first started working there, I felt more like I was with family instead of work. It was stressful at times, but we have a great team and management that help during the stressful days.
Pros
The employees from every department. The customers. The managment team
Cons
The pay was horrible
Clock in at 9:00 am. Usually i would have to wait for my manager or supervisors to give me a list of rooms to pull.

Management was poor and scheduling changed weekly.

The job was fairly easy and didnt require any hard work.
Benefits
A lot of outside catering weddings sporting events ect we also did outside BBQ in the Vista we ran a meals on wheels program 4 months out of the year We had two grand halls and two small halls a fully wait staff and three chefs and six Cooks on staff.
Pros
great health care opportunitys
Cons
change ownership
Guest Satisfaction- All day. Meetings to Banquets for lunch and dinner a full service restaurant-breakfast ,lunch,dinner.Full Bar.
over. We are managed by a third party management company. Very busy Hotel and a great staff. We are in the people business 24-7, so there are a lot of moving parts. Every day brings a new experience in this business.
Pros
Team Travel, when and if can get a day off ?
Cons
Bonuses-Insurance ?
when things need to be addressed takes a long time. Managers dont see the bad employees. I enjoy my job very much and its because of my guests. I am a people person and have 30 years of customer service.
I am interview working there. It is an excellent hotel over all I wish the Management would actually sit down and really think about their employees needs.
Pros
Not enough money
Cons
The guest and over it is a good hotel
housekeeping manager was not made to run a hotel staff because had picks n not tell the truth about things housekeeping had drug test n used other people urine to past never work for double tree in Columbia sc some of the housekeeper will eat your food out your room
Pros
no lunch
Cons
short breaks
A typical day consists of great customer service skills, inventory checks and awareness.
A typical day at work, I come in, check all e-mails for added buisiness to the hotel. Check to see how many people are to check into the hotel and if there are any gold and diamond members. Next I check to see if all employees are happy and able to do what they need to do for the daily operation. I'll look to see how the buisiness went the day before and if any changes need to be made in scheduling or number of employees needed for the work day. I take a daily inventory for quality and inventory purposes.2 or 3 meetings with staff and banquet department to be all on the same page for the weeks buisiness.At the same time I make sure that the production is all done for daily banquets and restaurant operations.
Pros
Benefits, pay ok.
Cons
lots of hours for salaried employee
1.6K