DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 4,106 reviews
DoubleTree
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX25 September 2019
Great place to work the atmospheres grade the people grade the management is wonderful on the job training is good. Management is wonderful in every Department
Awfull experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 September 2019
I worked in housekeeping department and Environment was stressful they gave 40 stay overs rooms per person and the old housekeepers with long time working there were gossip and rude they felt like owners building, supervisors nothing professionals gossip the same way and they have a lot family members under the same department (nepotism) . Just Berber come back to work there.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Nepotism, old housekeepers from 10 years or more and they resive really bad the new members
An example of a dinner at a Hotel
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX7 July 2019
One of difficult days on work was when in a plated dinner service, some people asked for special plates. And when there are a lot of events, it take more longer than an usual time to take the special plate to the guest.
I like working here
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX22 May 2019
Meet lots of interesting people here. Fun job over all. Mostly stress free! Staff is very supportive and helpful. The management trusts me to take good care of guests.
Pros
Top 100 places to work in Dallas per D Magazine
Cons
Some tend to take advantage of service offered
Loved it
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX5 February 2019
Going to Doubletree was the best opportunity for me I started as a front desk agent ended as a supervisor in less thana year that was possible there is room for growth there
Productive and enjoyable work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 February 2019
It’s a great place to work and you get to meet new people from different countries. Also I live my job I like to see everyone happy and satisfied with the job I presented
Productive place to work
Business Travel Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX27 December 2018
Productive place to work, Hilton is one of the best brands to work for. They implement a lot of training the benefits all employees. Prepares the staff for advancement.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no 401k
Materials ,management ,
Maintenance Engineer/PM (Former Employee) –  DALLAS TX CAMPBELL CENTRE16 September 2018
Poor management meaning gm mike was not understanding worried about getting courses done more than buying materials needed for pm or mainly engineering department we had to fight each other for parts and materials engineers would hide materials due to lack of everything overall the employees were super and welcoming but they told you the truth about the way the hotel was being ran by the housekeeping manager running engineering department when I started the chief was going right out the door
Pros
Hours
Cons
No tools and no materials
Slow and steady, busy and fast
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 September 2018
I was given the opportunity to work with this company. It was fun place to work considering I was working two positions at one time. Night Audit and shuttle driver. Both positions I loved with a passion.
Great Opportunity
Director of Rooms (Housekeeping and Front Office) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX31 July 2018
Doubletree by Hilton Near the Galleria was one of the most amazing places to work for because the Hotel team was aways doing things to help celebrate their employees and treating everyone like we treat our guest with nothing but the upmost respectful and maintain our values.
stressful
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX15 July 2018
Not much is well put together, or was towards the end of my time there. New GM is rude and condescending. Travel benefit is worth it though. Pay is laughable for what you have to deal with.
Pros
free lunches, travel benefits
Cons
low pay, high expectations
Admin. Assistant to the Food & Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 June 2018
Was a great place to work, All of the people were very friendly and went above and beyond to perform their daily duties to assist customers and the business.
Pros
Great employees
Love this place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX31 May 2018
Best job I’ve had. Flexible with needing time off, good pay, ok benefits. Great management. Good opportunities but not a lot of promotion opportunities because no one leaves!
New Management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas TX29 November 2017
Hilton is the best hotel chain to work for. GMs must be qualified as well as receive great additional training. The Double Tree brand is special. Employees are encouraged and empowered to create a special environment for the hotel guest. I will always work for Hilton.
Hilton requires management take care of the hotel employees as well as the hotel guest through bounus programs, quarterly awards and banquets and of course the awesome Hilton employee discount.
Pros
Oppertunity
fun and human contact
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX5 September 2017
A lot of human contact, order clients need, ask their satisfaction and order accordingly. Doing accounting work from A to Z, report to management and
Pros
discount
Cons
nothing
Hotel experience
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX5 June 2017
I've learned a lot working here, has been a great experience working around so many great people , love helping others and customer service is one of my specialties.
Pros
Working around all cultures
Cons
The lifting of heavy items
Productive , Caring
Server and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 May 2017
The people that work there friendly and always caring always have some good things to say , there loving I love it there I been here for the past 3 years and there family we always try to make it the best
Pros
Free lunches
working at the double tree hotel fun environment
Front Desk Internship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 April 2017
Working at the Double Tree Hotel for two years was very exciting. My favorite positions were marketing and sales also front desk. In marketing and sales my trainer would give me a check list. Sometimes I would have to make new brochures or calling events to set up a reservation at the Double Tree Hotel. I loved working these two positions. But working at the front desk was exciting. I enjoyed answering phones, doing the reservations, checking guest in and out their rooms.
Pros
you get hands on training and its a lot of fun working
Cons
you have to be confidence and willing to learn new things
Great Company
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 February 2017
Hilton is a great company to work for if you can get with the corporate company. If it is a franchise then it has to do more with which management company is in charge. Management companies tend to change every couple of years.
Good experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX7 December 2016
Great Experience for someone in college definitely a great learning experience. I learned about different Operating Systems,cross-trained,I had more patience than I realized,co-workers were good,high turnover ratio. I have nothing negative to say about management.
Pros
Free food, bonuses, flexibility.
Cons
Working late, working sundays, sometimes management

51.5K