DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Danvers, MA

Nice co-workers who become more like a family. The work was okay. Long and slow or fast and hectic. The guest were either very friendly or they wanted free things. Overall a good company
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Not much professionalism with management. There is not much of a work life/ personal life balance but I guess that is typical in hospitality. I definitely learned a lot while working here.
Its a good place to work and is good experience if you just getting in to the hotel and hospitality work environment. They do like to over work sometimes
Place was run terrible no enough workers, pay was terrible. Employees were great. Management was horrible. School breaks were insane not enough help. Over worked with future of a raise.
as a room service attendant you need to split the tips , and sometimes they aren't split evenly. the person answering the phone will give the person delivering the food less and the phone person will take more. and if you are a full timer you may not get 30 hours, if it's slow you may only get 25 hours that week.
I have worked at this hotel for almost 20 years fro when it was the Sheraton Hotel. I enjoy working for the new managing company, they have helped to make the Double Tree stronger. I enjoy being a bartender and meeting with so many different cultures of life. It makes my job that much more interesting.
Pros
some many benefits
Cons
currently not enough hours
i learn how new things about the American kitshen cuz i ve being working and learning for years about the frensh kitshen and the moroccain kitshen .and that's i like it so much the team work , and the hard part of this job for me is the transportation cuz i live to far the
they don't want to hire anyone so you end up doing 4 peoples jobs at once on the lowest pay rate possible. turn over rate is very high due to previous statement..
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
management and hr is rude and penny pinchers
Fast Paced Good work/life balance Good Benefits Professional Friendly Industry Growth with Management Company Internal Growth and development encouraged
A place where everyone worked as a team to make sure we exceed the guests needs and expectations. You'll meet and get to know all of our guest, its an unbelievable experience
Pros
great lunches
Cons
This is a nice job. You have to deal with people and build a communication skill based on it. The workplace is fun, co-workers have a good communication between each other. the management team is friendly.
Pros
Free lunches in any time of the day.
A very enjoyable experience. The benefits were good. The customers were generally cool and constantly revolving. A little are to navigate the chill then extremely corporate work setting.
Pros
401 K, Health insurance, good base pay
Cons
Very slow or extremely busy. Rarely a "normal" night.
Inspect rooms, laundry, clean rooms, inventory, order supplies,
Pros
indoor pool free, free daily breakfast and nightly dinners
Cons
no comutication with other employees
My Typical day at work was making coffee and talking to the quest making sure that they were happy with there purchase of the day
good
good
Oversee a staff of 25 - including three kitchen supervisors and a salaried sous chef
I enjoy working in banquets and meeting all the different people. It makes my job very interesting. I have learned how to handle myself in many different situations especially when helping out in the water park. I enjoy seeing the enjoyment with all the children at the waterpark. My co-works are very dependable, hard working individuals and I am honored to work with them. The hardest part of my job is lack of hours. I would like to have more schedules. The most enjoyable part of my job is all the people, especially when working weddings.
Pros
Benefits when travelling
Cons
no breaks when working, hard to get management to help
Going to work every morning to assign the girls their rooms can be somewhat a big problem but I get it done. We just became a Double Tree so we have new ways at doing things and the room att are having a hard time adjusting.We have some that only do 16 check outs and some that only do 32 stay overs.We have a program that the more rooms the girls do the more money in the pay check at the end of the week.Some like some do not.But I think its great and I learned to do payroll,budget,schedule,inventory,The hardest part of the job is waiting for the girls to finish because The inspection of the rooms and how many they did for the day cant go into the computer until we have the total hours they worked.If the girls work o.t and do less rooms then assign the do not get the extra room pay.We tell them the more you do in the time you have to go home the more you get paid.The girls work hard and I help them when needed.
Pros
free lunch once a month for employees birthdays, cake and pizza left over from partys
Cons
no free lunch, no ice, no soda, dirty tables, dirty dishes, micowaves dirty