DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Decatur, AL

Decatur, AL12 reviews
Very poor management
Management went back on their word many times. Absolutely no communication, and when there was it was just yelling about changes but nothing would change. Not an easy work environment to feel comfortable in. Never felt welcomed there by management. Did enjoy the servers, bartenders, and other department workers (front desk, maintenance) as coworkers!
Pros
Free meals as management, discounted rooms
Cons
Poor management
Only beneficial for management
I loved my job until a month ago. Was lied to about changes in management. They had me train someone who ended up being my boss, after lying to my face saying she wasn't
Pros
Insurance benefits, Hilton discounts
Cons
Pay not good, management is a joke
Love it here
I love working here and I have high expectations of moving up in this company. I believe with much training comes success. And the cookies are Amazing.
Dont even bother
They agree to work with your hours before getting hired, but once you're hired they do not at all. The hotel is full of drama. They talk about other peoples personal lives too much! If you are not friends with upper management it will not benefit you. They do not treat their employees with respect at all!! DONT BOTHER!!!
Poor management and unhealthy environment
Easy job but toxic and misguided leadership managers showed distress physically and verbally daily there wasn't any type of motivating support nor teamwork I done my best but told it wasn't enough they focused on speeding through the rooms than the quality of cleaning the rooms if I paid over $100 a night for a room I'd expect for it to be fully cleaned and not partially cleaned I only enjoyed the continuous cleaning
Poor management and skills
No scheduling, went back on their promises, I needed a certain day off every week and they continuously scheduled me for the time I requested not to have. I told them I needed 40 hours a week and they never gave me anything more than 20-25 hours.
Able to work in a team. I maitaintd a clean enviorment. Wored in a fastpaced and under presure.
Great culture enviorment. I was punctual and patient in all times. A fast-paced was always to be expected. Working under pressure and in teams is always a posiblity.
Loked the job and the work
I enjoyed my time there all employees was friendly and easy to get along with would go back of I could the pay was good the raised came pretty good manager was like any other but would say anybody that is thinking about a job like that good place to start
Great Place To Start
Managers/Chefs were nice and helped teach you how their kitchen is run. It's a slow restaurant so there aren't many shifts to take and not that many hours, so pay is a little low, but there are opportunities for advancement.
Housekeeping
As far as working!! It is okay... But as of staying in the hotel; you will get your money worth because it is a nice hotel but very expensive... Only if they had free breakfast!!
Cons
Too much going back and forth
Nice stable work enviroment
Double Tree is a friendly stable work enviroment. It's fairly busy and an easy job! I do wish managment was a little more tight and more aware. I would recommend this hotel to people who are on business trips or just want a comfortable stay somewhere. My job here did get really busy when we were sold out, more people wanted to eat at our restaraunt and have drinks at our bar rather than going out! I did like our busy days because time flew by but sometimes I got stressed when everyone wasn't doing their job. It's not always easy when co-workers aren't all on the same page, I love team work! The job get's finished quicker and everyone should feel accomplished because everyone pitched in!!!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Management is horrible!
Management is horrible! You have the GM sleeping with Servers and Bartenders so they get special treatment! I worked as a Bartender and they constantly ran out of Food and Liquor! The GM comes in high on pills and drunk! They have a big turnover rate due to Management! The pay is horrible! The Accountant is about 90 years old so don't expect your direct deposit to ever work! I was there 3 months and my direct deposit never went in along with several other coworkers! The best part of the job were my coworkers! We all agreed on one thing; "Management needs to be replaced starting from the top"!
Pros
Employee room rate was cheap
1.6K