DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Satisfied
I've been there for a while and that's cause it's a good company . Great hotel discounts . They have given me a chance and let me go from part time to full time to on call as often as I need to.
Great staff that felt like family, Good work life balance
Pushed me to become the best I could at my job and helped me move up to a larger property that opened later on. Hilton really cares about your work life balance and ensures that you are getting the job done while also taking care of yourself.
Exciting. Fast paced. Got to know the railroad crew members.
Enjoyed conversing with the crew members, and after working 12 hour shifts on their train, they appreciated our talks together. Double Tree Hotel was a first class operation. Great Management as well as my fellow workers.
Responsible for preparation of breakfast/lunch buffet. Work was challenging, high volume. Setup and stocking for line and next day service. Various responsibilities throughout the day. I enjoyed my interaction with customers.
Awful
Absolutely awful. Horrible management. Poor employee discounts. Horrible coworkers. Low business. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Just absolulty horrible.
Doubletree
Doubletree was a very great experience I learned so much in my time of being there I was able to work in multiple different departments and their company always had room for growth
Awesome place to work to get into hospitality
While dealing with the customers is hard, there is a lot of support here and awesome opportunities to learn about the industry and grow. Management is the best I have ever experienced in my 13 years of working.
Don't be fooled
Management is petty and snide. They are all smiles but it's only a distraction. People of color are only hired into roles of servitude so doubletree and Hilton can look like they support AA. If your background is not European, keep looking. 1950's good ol boys club.
Pros
You will think they care.
Cons
You thought they cared.
Productive and they were my family.
I loved my job and time at the Doubletree. It was a great learning experience during my career with Hilton. Hilton provided a lot of training and opportunities to grow within the company, Everyone worked as a team and the atmosphere felt like family. It was a very busy convention hotel with so many fun events with so many amazing people. The best of the job was the people and not just the team members but our guests and clients were also like family and I got to meet Michelle Obama!
Pros
Discount lunch, benefits, Manager outings
So So
I liked being part of the sales team and helping sales managers get the groups for events.
I volunteered for holiday events and got OT and additional tips for the events.

The diversity was a bit over the top.

Learned the ins/outs of the event planning business by going out with sales managers and doing calls to clients at their businesses.
Pros
Experience from previous hotels got me in
Cons
Too political if don't play the politics.
Good company to work for!
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. I learned more about restaurant procedures. Restaurant and bar management were helpful. Working multiple positions is extremely difficult. Guests were pleasant. Best part of the job was that staff was like one big family.
Generally Friendly and Upbeat Place to work
Working in the hospitality industry you see a lot of good and bad situations. The majority of the people I work with are the ones that keep me going. Work connections make performing job duties easier when you have a good connection with those around you. Management is outdated in many ways. There is still the unspoken "good ole boys" attitude. You don't get much praise, if at all, from direct management. Management is more focused on reactionary responses as appose to being proactive in their approach with staff. Hardest part of the job is having to be hospitable with someone while they are yelling in your face about something that was completely out of your control. The most enjoyable is getting to see people on wedding days, birthday parties, award ceremonies, of course all seasonal travel, plus just the every day vacationer that are happy to explore a new place.
Pros
Hotel stay benefits and additional discounts on products.
Cons
Doing the job of three people for very little pay.
Great customer service and employees.
Everyday is different than the last, but the team members make it worth coming in and dealing with all sort of crazies. Management can be tricky to work with.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
It takes a lot to correct bad work behaviours.
good friends
workplace was enjoyable. I loved my manager and co workers. I met people from all over the world and experienced different conventions. All of the different sports tournaments was my favorite part.
Pros
friends and guests
Cons
administration
Very professional workplace
Lots of good friendly people who are very professional and knowledgable about their jobs. Good pay if you do what you're supposed to with a good attitude and you show up everyday, on time, and do your best.
Pros
Lots of incentives and good benefits and ability to advance within the company
Fun place to work
Typical day at work can get a little hard due to the heavy work load with lots of outside cold calls, new management staff with lots of changes,
Cons
cold calling
Great place to work and learn
The place, where everyone's opinion matters, where one can easily grow. Lots of attention payed to personal development and team work.
Productive, Big Place
Good equipment, Management is good. Assistant management not so much. Co-workers unbelievably unprofessional. Higher pay co workers have a snobbish attitude towards everyone except customers or managers. Hardest part of the job is memorizing the menu because it is quite large. The most enjoyable part of work is how stable it is. You will learn team work and patience here. They have a lot of rules sort of like school. (exits, entrance, parking).
Pros
pay
Cons
no free lunch 4$ a meal.
Good work place
Good job, learned to be more comfortable answering the phone, and dealing with guest issues. The work environment was fast paced at times but good to keep you busy.
Front Desk Agent
Management does not want ANYONE to move within this company or location. I wanted to try working in different departments, but management would not have it, just because they didn't want me to. There was so many people that had been there for years and they would not promote within, these people knew the ins and outs of the hotel but they insisted on training someone from the outside.
What they got in return was some awesome and hard working people leaving this location.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, Discounted hotels.
Cons
Management, Advancement, job security
fun job!
I started as guest service w/c was working inside and, later I became a driver, taking guests from the hotel to airport and back to the hotel. sometimes I drove to mall and downtown. fun fun fun! the most enjoyeble part was driving place to place and helping guests what they need.I learn team work, customer value and had a wonderful management.
Pros
free luncht
Cons
excellent benefi
1.6K