DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Detroit, MI

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 4,000 reviews
Aside from the owner, HR, a co-owner and a few inspectors and them changing our hours in the computer I liked working there.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southfield/ Ford Rd. Detroit/ Dearborn9 September 2019
They wanted us to work 40 hours a week but would go in the computer and change our time and hours, it started to feel like we were working in a sweat shop.
Management has no loyalty.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI11 July 2019
I loved working here when I first started but as time progressed things changed...management changed! They work you like Hebrew slaves up until they feel as if you’re no use to the hotel anymore. Lots of drama and they make you feel as if you’re walking on egg shells and as if you’re going to get fired everyday. Most under paid 5 star hotel in the Detroit downtown area. Too stressful and hostile work environment.
Managed a staff (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI17 October 2018
A fun place to work and meet people. In the Downtown area. Awesome front and back of the house staff and coworkers. The management team were wonderful and supportive.
Pros
location
Cons
No overtime
Great Company to work for
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI15 June 2018
I absolutely loved working for the Doubletree Hotel, strong leadership, mission statement and benefits along with many other great opportunities and benefits
Pros
Free Lunch
The Doubletree by Hilton Fort-Shelby is a great place to work and you can grow as an employee within the Hilton organization
Room Attendant/ Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI9 May 2018
This is a business hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit, surrounded by historical landmarks and new and upcoming businesses and restaurants. We can accommodate our guest with shuttle services in a 3 mile radius of downtown area, we have a great bar "Round Bar" that serves terrific food and premium drafts beer and spirits, and we are known for our "doubletree chocolate cookie"
Change of pace
Supervisor Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI28 March 2018
Still learning company. Much slower pace. Beautiful place and nice benfits. Friendly, staff, less responsiblity and less stress however still has a few challanges in department development.
very inviting and friendly environment.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI24 March 2018
very fun.and interesting place to work.. met people from all over the world..while providing the safest stay possible.i was resposible for securing the property..as well as the safety and protection of guest as well as staff.
Great place to work in hospitality
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI3 November 2017
This was a great place to work. Management changed in the middle of my service there so there were the typical growing pains that are sometimes a part of corporate american careers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
renovation kept getting delayed
Clean fun work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Detroit Michigan10 October 2017
Beautiful hotel its like 3 restaurants and you clean all around the hotel might see a famous person rooms are big so when stripping or cleaning you have to move fast always be on time make it these best you can
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great first job, Don't work here if you intend to have a career in Hospitality
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI3 October 2017
Great entry or line level job for young people. Management turnover rate way too high to be a career advancing opportunity. The COO is hard to please, and even more difficult to get along with.
A Nice Place to Work
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI30 September 2017
Doubletree offers a team environment for people who wish to be a part of a team. Management offers lots of incentives and rewards for dedication and hard work.
Pros
Free Lunch, Hotel Discounts
Cons
Salary increases
Productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI14 September 2017
Working at the Hilton was a great experience being able to mingle and interact with so many people during the day even while cleaning i always had a great attitude and sense of getting the job done right and on time.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 4822824 July 2017
Housekeeping is an very easy job its very fun and the tips are spectacular. I love recommend this job to any friend who is in nees and wants something fun and easy definitely.
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Very nasty rooms sometimes
productive and fun work place
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI22 July 2017
Typical day at work.
-keep all assigned room cleans to expectation.
The hardest part of the job is the luxury mattresses are harder to lift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guest, i also enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
free luch
Cons
health care
Not the best cituation
Front Office Manager Doubletree Dearborn Hotel (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI14 July 2017
Managed front end of Hotel. MOD when GM not on Property
Helped with management of Restaurant.
Work place changed form Holiday inn to double tree.
Hardest part of Job was trying to manage a property with old equipment and keeping Guest service scores high
Most enjoyable was meeting the guest and exceeding their expectations
Pros
Brand change
Cons
Upper management
Double Tree
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI24 June 2017
An exceptional work environment where all employees pull together to meet customer expectations.

Management is highly supportive of the team spirit and is developing good benefit packages.
coworkers were awesome, management was not.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  525 W Laffayette Blvd, Detroit MI 4822610 May 2017
I liked my job as a barista at DT hotel, however management seemed to have a problem with hourly employees actually voicing their opinions even if they were meant to help the business. I was ultimately let go and my former coworkers told me I was talked about after leaving and it was said that I "spoke up" too much. Sad, because I genuinely gave my all in my position even working 11-hr shifts for the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management attitudes
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI16 February 2017
I love working here. They are great with working with your schedule if you are in school or have other things going on. The managers are awesome!
Not productive, managent is horrible
Inspector/ Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI19 December 2016
Horrible place to work. Bad management no communication or training. A lot of theft infested with bed bugs. That's all I have to say about Doubletree Dearborn.
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Everything about this place is all bad, they are infested with bed bugs
Hilton Parent Company of Doubletree Hotels
Task Force Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI10 October 2016
Great company to work for over 15 years to different capacity but most recently past (4) years on task force and opportunity to join corporate task force for Hilton. Conrad Hilton had a vision and I hope everyone who works under the Hilton Flag believes and feels the passion as much as I have!
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes hours can be longer than normal

51.5K