DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Durango, CO

Durango, CO16 reviews
Would have second thoughts about working here after know what I know now. They are the most costly to stay at but the least paid company in Durango and very little training.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Pro pay
Well you get the job and you think it'll be great but you kinda get lied to about a lot so over years things that were promised become very big let downs.
Benefits
Cons
No upward mobility. Extra effort is expected for little appreciation. Very disappointed with the corporate culture. The difficult and uninitiated employees are treated the same as the hard working extra effort employees. I think it helps validate the low pay.
Enjoyed the culture at Doubletree. It was a challenging but rewarding job that still was able to provide a work life balance. I would recommend working for this company to anyone I know as long as it is managed by Hilton.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
nothing
Enjoyed working with the public and evening staff. Double Tree offers a variety of benefits and bonuses. This showed me how much they are invested with their employees.
I worked at the hotel as a first job and moved around multiple departments over five years. If you love working with customers every day this is the job for you. Not enough pay for some of the stuff that was required but not a terrible corp to work for.
i enjoyed going to work everyday just for the other coworkers!! Fast pace but easily handled. Good food and great managers! Competitive sales opportunities.
It was an easy job that was equally as easy to adapt to when given new responsibilities. I got the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
early shifts
I very much enjoyed working at the Double Tree. There were always opportunities to move up in your career. I learned how to calm down customers and make sure nothing got out of control. The hardest part of the job was trying not to eat too much during the lunch breaks.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks when appropriate, great staff, flexible schedule, discounts on hotels
Cons
wasnt enough hours
I really enjoyed working with the staff and liked my job. The staff are welcoming and appreciate your work. The equipment is very adequate. The supervisors are good to work for and care about their staff. They take good care of their own.
Pros
They treat you very well.
Cons
Have to deal with some inconsiderate customers from time to time.
Good job. Relaxed culture, hard working individuals that make this a good place work. Hours flexible, people and guests are very friendly and respect your skills.
Pros
Free lunches
This was one of the best jobs i ever had. Beautiful location and hotel. Great people to work for and with. The pay and benefits were very nice and opportunities for growth from within were encouraged by the GM and Assistant GM and all other higher ups there. The customers were regulars and tourists from all over the world.
Working that the DoubleTree by Hilton, was the most rewarding experience I ever have been granted. I learned more in the year there than I have any where else in my life. My co-workers and managers were incredibly nice and thoughtful people that made going to work the best part. Loved meeting so many new people and rewarded with the experience in the Hospitality field.
Pros
Benefits, free meals, good people
room for advancement,started out as a waiter,moved up to bellhop and then valet, i enjoyed working in the hotel industry,would like the opportunity to again.
Pros
discounted hotel stays, travel/transfer oppurtunities
Cons
not enough people to cover shifts
Super amazing staff and management team. Taught me most of what I know about cooking and dish washing. Very patient supervisors and kept the team motivated to succeed with positive reinforcement.
Pros
Fabulous team building meetings, hopeful staff with advancment oppertunities.
Cons
Can be stressfull during the holidays
Great Restuarant with amazing people, fast pace making work days short.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Stressful at times
1.6K