DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in Durham, NC

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 4,127 reviews
So stressful and unequal
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC30 May 2019
Unless you're a woman, they could careless about you. I was terminated cause i refused to let the housekeepers treat me any kind of way. I was lied to about my pay and work time. I requested days off and they were considered absent days like i called out. I'll never work there again
Pros
Cons
No respect, negative attitudes and favortism
Fun and exciting place to work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  2515 meridian parkway Durham NC 2771316 February 2019
20 years at this location, new ownership changed atmosphere, needed a new work environment, I would love to have a new place to call home, cooking is a passion and I believe in being dedicated.
It’s fun work there there’s good team work.
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC6 November 2018
It is a good place to work. Get good benefits when you book in a hotel Hilton brand. There is a lot of pros but sometimes the environment is stressful. It is a easy job.
Pros
Get 50% on food, discounts in hotels
Cons
The environment is stressful sometimes
A happy place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC2 October 2018
A typical day at work is doing between 15-22 rooms a day and on a slow day 15-18 rooms a day. You have to take a 30 mins lunch break that's a MUST. If you are falling behind you will get help everyone is a team.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gifts, Appreciation Week, Meetings, Group Talks
Cons
Overworking
Not meant for someone my age and my condition, but it is an okay job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC17 September 2018
The start of the job was good, stress free for someone my age. It got a little harder as time passed. I learned to clean rooms under a limited time and clean it well. Manager was okay, not too bad , but not great either. The rest of the staff is very nice and welcoming, and they look out for each other. The hardest part was when I became pregnant and could not meet the same intense expectations as I use to because I started to be a little e slower and tired out easily with the amount of rooms given.
Pros
Buy good food from the restaurant lunch menu
They need new front end managers
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC4 September 2018
The front end manager is not professional and needs to attend a sensitivity class. She has a superior complex and needs to learn how to treat people with respect.
Pros
Free Cookies
Awesome people. Fun environment
Banquet Server, Waiter, Front Desk, Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC25 January 2018
I loved this place. If I could have progressed more or been promoted from within I would probably still be there today. I worked in every department and wish I really was recognized for it.
Friendly work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC24 November 2017
This a nice workplace culture with the most enjoyable part of the job being the team work efforts provided by the staff. Overall, the management staff ensured everyone felt well supported in completing their assigned housekeeping tasks on time.
good place to work
Night Audit/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC2 August 2017
The management is amazing. There has not been a lot of room for growth. The managers who are in place are not leaving anytime soon. That is the reason I am currently looking for a new position.
Great place to work.
Accounting Manager/HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC29 March 2015
This has been a great learning experience. I have implemented the Ultipro payroll system and achieved an overall associate opinion survey rating of 95%. I meet our month end timeline to ensure that the monthly income statement is completed in a timely manner.
A great palce to work.
Accounting Manager/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC29 March 2015
I have been here since 1992 and have enjoyed working here and all that I have learned. I was the Director of Human Resources until September 2012 when the accounting position was eliminated and combined with the human resources position.
Before the Hotel was sold it was the best place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC16 August 2014
A typical day at work was to be there on time to open up and to get the papers ready to assign rooms to 23 housekeepers.
I learned how to do the scheduling of the staff in housekeeping.
I managed to learned how to multitask in my duties.
I my co-workers got along very well at times but we worked together as a team to overcome our differences in opinions.
The hardest part of the job was to let someone go knowing that he/she was the one supporting their family on that one single income.
I like the people that I worked with because we worked together from 1988 to 2013.
Pros
I like where we worked to get Employee of the Month.
Cons
It was dificult to stand by a watch the staff ont being appreciated for their hard work.
Fun Place
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC30 July 2014
It was a great place to work i enjoyed the people and the atmosphere if I could go back there today I will
HouseKeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC24 June 2014
I cleaned 18 to 20 rooms a day I had to make up beds change sheets vacuum take out trash.
Really stressful job for a housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC28 December 2012
I wanted to start here as a housekeeper with a rosey image in mind. I personally do enjoy cleaning, and I thought this job would be nice.

They expect you as a housekeeper to clean 18 rooms, 26 minutes per room, top to bottom perfection. Was extremely stressful and impossible.
fun work place
Housekeeper- (Former Employee) –  Durham North Carolina29 May 2012
To clean up rooms for stay overs and people that are checking out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Doubletree Review
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC27 April 2012
I come in gather all information that 1st shift needs to relay pertaining to groups, special needs for guest and any system updates that need to be preform before the start of the shift.

Since Ive been there I have learn how to manage my time wisely, how to engage customers, and work together as a team to achieve the companies goals and create a friendly and positive environment.

The hardest part of the job is learning not to take anything personal pertaining to the guest that come and stay with us. Sometimes they can be very rude or even non approachable at times but you have to understand that one its part of the job and 2 try to "Wow" them meaning try to see if there's anything in your power that you can do to make there stay more rewarding, pleasant, and enjoyable. Learning how to do that can be rewarding to you as the employee and to them as well because your trying to leave an expression that today was not my best day but these guys are trying to make me feel better and that's whats counts.